Catholic v Maryville

jrlcm

here mhs... read the article, and click on the picture, if you look close the helmets arent leather :) haha http://www.oakridger.com/preps/x2043520913/1958-Legends-of-the-Fall

What Happened to MHS82? I think you shut him him up SS. Great job!

I'm waiting to hear the year MHS82 played.. Let's see if I can come up with a jab or two..

Edited by bladerunner

According to Huckleberry, you have to refer to Maryville as Maryville and not WE since you did not play there. I know it's a GREY area. Actually WE refer to it as the GREYRIDER rule, which is only enforceable within the City Limits of Oak Ridge.

How come half the band can go away for fall break? Glad the team showed up.

Got it. WE beat Maryville in the '77 State Championship game! However, now I'm pulling FOR Murvul, especially since my son is a future WE! wacko.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Go Rebels!

Got it. WE beat Maryville in the '77 State Championship game! However, now I'm pulling FOR Murvul, especially since my son is a future WE! wacko.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Go Rebels!

Milan people? *sighs* I can't associate with them.....time to put the house up for sale.

Milan people? *sighs* I can't associate with them.....time to put the house up for sale.

LOL...Yep...the neighborhood has just went down the drain.

Seriously, welcome mp4rebs to Maryville. The sooner we can turn you into a "we" the better. I was at that game in 77, I believe that was at Vanderbilt, wasn't it?

Seriously, welcome mp4rebs to Maryville. The sooner we can turn you into a "we" the better. I was at that game in 77, I believe that was at Vanderbilt, wasn't it?

It was at Alcoa High School after Alcoa and Lake County played for the A championship. I was the game director for both games. One of the hardest things I have ever done was run my friends out of the stadium after the first game.

The only thing I ever liked about Milan was Pappy's, and then I found out it closed down. They made the best milkshakes on planet earth.

In all seriousness mp, welcome to Mare-vul (also a proper prononciation). I'm originally from southeast of you on Hwy 104 and played for Stowe at the end.

Classy move by Quarles at the end but the game was much closer than 28-14 would imply. Catholic had a great chance to score early after Wharton made a great play but fumbled deep in Maryville territory after a reception and long run, Wegzyn fumbled at the goal line when he fell. Silly me didn't think the ground could cause a fumble. Sacked the Maryville QB in the end zone which should have been a safety except Kerbyson must have swung him around to the point where the ball made forward progress to the 1" line. The Irish played fairly well but Maryville executed when it counted. Robinette made some great plays with his legs and Coach Quarles made two great call with the trick play and the long pass in the middle to the running back. WR made an incredible catch in the end zone. This was the sloppiest I've ever seen Maryville play though.

Good win for the Rebs!