Alcoa @ Stone Memorial

F5seekshelter

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think everyone knows how the outcome of the game will be.

I'm just amazed at how grown men can argue about a sport kids play???

I'm a kid yes, I'm 17 and play for SMHS. I thought this thread was about SMHS vs. Alcoa??

Now its about Alcoa,CAK, everything else in the world. Oh well, respect for Alcoa, good ball team, and will continue to be, this being my last year at Stone, it sucks we won't even be able to compete, but all I can do is say good luck and hope for a good game.

My prediction, Alcoa 49

Stone 14

Let's get something straight here TD. I am friends with Footballdad, GVK and Jrsdad. We banter back and forth because of the personal relationships we have developed face to face, normally over good food at BOH. You are a stranger that apparently does not get what is happening here. They poke us, we poke them. They make fun of us, we send stupid pictures or videos. There is nothing mean spirited here.

The problem is you. You are overly thin skinned and carry your emotions on your shoulders. Look in the mirror. The mean spirited one here is you. Suprising for a supposed CAK follower. In fact you are acting like a little teen age girl with your feelings all hurt. Grow up and figure out the dynamics and relationships on here before you go dripping all over the carpet.

I invite you to attend lunch at the BOH the Friday of our game and we will decide if you are worthy of further torment. At this point, you are classified as wussy and not worthy of this elite treatment.

I have my own share of problems and am far from perfect. Carrying my emotions on my shoulder is not one of them. You are correct that I am the new guy on the block here. Perhaps that gives me a more objective perspective on things. What you call good-natured banter, I see as mostly a one-sided/one-way street. You seem to think you're just doing some good-natured "poking" but the first time anybody makes any kind of legitimate point about Alcoa, or points out that you seem to take every opportunity to denigrate other teams, well it's THAT person who has the problem. That's not "banter." it's a sign that your skin is the one that's exceptionally thin.

I have no desire to break bread with the likes of you. I have seen nothing from you that causes me to believe I should subject myself to being "interviewed" by you to judge whether I'm "worthy" of further torment. You are full of platitudes like "let's get something straight here..." and telling me to "look in the mirror" and "grow up" and likening me to a teenage girl. All I have done is pointed out when I believed you were taking potshots at other teams. Surely you realize you were doing that, but instead of simply acknowledging that, and possibly saying anything the least bit conciliatory, you continue to pile on the negativity. You and your compadres start referring to me as "ol' Tony" or "lil' Tony" and continue to attribute to me a "hatred" of Alcoa when I bear no ill will toward the Alcoa football program. What I do dislike is arrogant, self-righteous, smug, condescending people who attach themselves to something--like a successful football team--and then look down on, and talk down to, anybody who dares to question them or disagree with them, however respectfully it might be done. That's not a sign of a nice person.

And I see FootballDad, GVK and Jrsdad trying to strike a friendly, playful but still respectful tone with you in their posts, only to be bashed over the head every time you get the chance. You're a bit on the prickly side. If you think what you do is really just good-natured "poking" or "banter," you should ask them sometime whether they would like to see you not act so smug and condescending. You might be surprised at the answer you would get. Man to man (or teenage girl to man, if you'd rather couch it that way--see, I do have a sense of humor), I encourage you to ask them that question sometime. Your supposed "friendship" with them might actually be stronger as a result of having that dialogue with them.

As for me, why would anybody that you've given such a "welcome" to this site want to have lunch with you? If you would perhaps utter a respectful or conciliatory word, perhaps I would invite you to lunch. Based upon what I've seen of your personality as reflected by your posts on here, I have no desire to become part of your little group. You and your amen corner can sit around and polish your numerous trophies without me. Instead of coming to lunch with you now, I think what I'll do is continue to just watch on here and see if you can manage to show a modicum of respect to FBDad, GVK and JRsdad and others. If I judge you worthy, I'll invite you to lunch and pick up the tab as well, and you can even choose the restaurant!

Now for you, Mr Dalton...

I do not know what team you support, nor do I really care.

The fact remains that I have a very good relationship with the fans of CAK and have had for a while. I have broke bread and shook the hands of nearly all of them that post on here. But you do not see that. Like you interpret BC's comments as you see fit, you want to take things out of context and make a big deal of nothing. CAK fan knows that their schedule is lacking...as is ours for the most part. BUT! We play a couple of out of conference games that does nothing but help us to make that playoff run. By the time this season plays out, Every team on our schedule with the exception of McMinn Co. will be in the playoffs. (Scott Co and Stone will be the top 2 4A teams in our region, how bout that?!)

Tell me another team in the state that can say that? :thumb:

So with that said, let CAK fans do their own talking. They are obviously better sports than you are.

If I offended you shooter, I apologize.

I know that FBD, GVK, JuniorsDad and RonMexico take everything on here with a grain of salt...maybe you, Mr Dalton, should follow their lead.

Well, at least you're calling me Mr. Dalton now instead of the condescending names your colleague called me earlier. And I fail to see how I've taken any of BC's comments out of context; he pretty clearly was talking down to me. This all started when I pointed out that you made a sideswipe at CAK's schedule in a thread having nothing to do with CAK. Then it just escalated from there, with some of your buddies piling on with name-calling, etc. I did not intend to pick a fight with anybody, but a few of you Alcoa fans strike me as just downright prickly, unwilling to take the same measure that you give in your so-called good-natured "poking" and "banter." Oh, I've heard before about your breaking bread and all that (you obviously are endowed with immaculate sportsmanship), but I'll reiterate that your "banter" seems like a one-way street, just for example calling something that one of the CAK fans posted "garbage" and telling him to take it to another thread, as if you own this place. Seems like you're a bit defensive about certain issues, but that's for another thread.

Now, in this post, you're again avoiding the substance of my initial comment. You're touting Alcoa's strength of schedule ("tell me another team in the state that can say that"), which I've never questioned. Your original potshot was at CAK's schedule. Much of your post above is simply tooting Alcoa's horn for playing such a tough schedule; as I recall, the schedule was so tough last year that few teams even scored a touchdown against Alcoa during the regular season--not implying that Alcoa wasn't great, it was, but...

In closing, I hereby withdraw my name from contention for the sportsmanship award this year; you obviously have that locked up already. Put it on the same shelf as all of BC's shiny trophies.

Let's get something straight here TD. I am friends with Footballdad, GVK and Jrsdad. We banter back and forth because of the personal relationships we have developed face to face, normally over good food at BOH. You are a stranger that apparently does not get what is happening here. They poke us, we poke them. They make fun of us, we send stupid pictures or videos. There is nothing mean spirited here.

The problem is you. You are overly thin skinned and carry your emotions on your shoulders. Look in the mirror. The mean spirited one here is you. Suprising for a supposed CAK follower. In fact you are acting like a little teen age girl with your feelings all hurt. Grow up and figure out the dynamics and relationships on here before you go dripping all over the carpet.

I invite you to attend lunch at the BOH the Friday of our game and we will decide if you are worthy of further torment. At this point, you are classified as wussy and not worthy of this elite treatment.

Ahh...the more I think about it...I give up. You Alcoa fans are right. I'm just a thin-skinned, mean-spirited wussy. I give up. You win. :)

Alcoa by as many.....Stone has imporoved since last year, but just not there yet.

about the CAK schedule, you guys at Alcoa know as well as CAK that teams are not willing to play. Espically a private 3A school (becuase they are private, they cheat, even though 95% of the football players started CAK before 6th grade)and with the new playoff system it is only going to get worse! PS as a CAK fan could care less about OOZ (every school has them!)

In 2006 the TSSAA determined that Milan had a player that was OOZ and we had to forfeit 4 games.

The player in question played for USJ the year before. His parents split up, he was living

with his dad in Milan and his mother lived in Jackson, the TSSAA said he was living in Jackson

more than 50% of the time. So NO, every school does not play with OOZ players!!!

Milan Special School District got drug into the whole....Humboldt/Medina lawsuit a few years ago,

district school lines around here are strictly monitored.

When I first started visiting this site, I took umbrage at a post I thought was from an arrogant/smarmy Alcoa fan. FootballDad assured me that, no, the Alcoa folks on here are respectful, etc., etc. I pointed out to him that I had a bad experience with some very obnoxious Alcoa fans while leaving the CAK/Alcoa game last year (the regular season game)--with the fans making comments about how CAK wasn't even good enough that they should be on the same field with Alcoa and similar derogatory "trash talk." Not good-natured trash talk--ugly trash talk. I explained to Football Dad that I realized I shouldn't draw generalizations about ALL Alcoa fans based on that.

I've been lurking on this site for a while, but this comment really got my dander up.

As an alum, I really hate to hear that, but I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Was it kids that were trash talking? If so, shame on the Alcoa grownups for not talking to them about their behavior.

2. If it was adults who were doing it, doubly shame on them, but I bet I could point out who it was.

Every team has "fans" who are poor sports, whether they win or lose. I absolutely hate that some people are out there giving my alma mater a bad name.

As for you saying you have no desire to break break with APB & BC, you really should reconsider. THey really are good guys with good football sense about them. Honestly, they wouldn't bash you too badly!

Now on to the game:

I'm thoroughly confused as to what time the game starts.

Is the stadium at the high school or is it off campus?

It's going to be an awesome night for high school football!

Edited by tornadogold

I've been lurking on this site for a while, but this comment really got my dander up.

As an alum, I really hate to hear that, but I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Was it kids that were trash talking? If so, shame on the Alcoa grownups for not talking to them about their behavior.

2. If it was adults who were doing it, doubly shame on them, but I bet I could point out who it was.

Every team has "fans" who are poor sports, whether they win or lose. I absolutely hate that some people are out there giving my alma mater a bad name.

As for you saying you have no desire to break break with APB & BC, you really should reconsider. THey really are good guys with good football sense about them. Honestly, they wouldn't bash you too badly!

Now on to the game:

I'm thoroughly confused as to what time the game starts.

Is the stadium at the high school or is it off campus?

It's going to be an awesome night for high school football!

At the regular season game @ CAK, it was some guys who looked to be mid-20's trash talking on their way back to their cars. At the playoff game @ Alcoa, there were some Alcoa fans a little older, probably in their 30's maybe early 40's who sat on the CAK side and ran their mouths loudly the whole game.

At the regular season game @ CAK, it was some guys who looked to be mid-20's trash talking on their way back to their cars. At the playoff game @ Alcoa, there were some Alcoa fans a little older, probably in their 30's maybe early 40's who sat on the CAK side and ran their mouths loudly the whole game.

I'd apologize, but I don't think there's any excuse for people who can't get out of high school.

"You can't fix stupid."

....Ain't that tha truth tornadogold.....Thank goodness eye don't haiv two worry abowt that ennymoore... :rolleyes: ....Whur iz tha knew skool down thair inn Cumburlund Cowntee???....Evur time me and momma run down that way....She allways wants two tank up at tha Genesis Rode exit....And then if she eats rilly hevvy, we mite maik hit on down two tha Leviticus exit.... :thumb: