Best Traveling Team Support in the State

compusatman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate The Sullivan South Rebel fan base for being the most dedicated fans in the state. References: Maryville 2007 and Columbia 2009.

I agree with this nomination. South hasn't beat DB in 17 years but their fan base will pack the bleachers every year to witness the beat down. I believe the largest visiting crowd that we ever had at J.Fred was in 2006 when DB beat South 44-0. :)

Sorry compus......but you left the door open. :)

I agree with this nomination. South hasn't beat DB in 17 years but their fan base will pack the bleachers every year to witness the beat down. I believe the largest visiting crowd that we ever had at J.Fred was in 2006 when DB beat South 44-0. :)

Hey ,I was at all 3 of these games and the South fans packed em out. Crushed at the Fred, disappointed and frustrated at the Lindsey Nelson, and impressed ,even amazed and proud at the Black Hole. 3 great games for build up...huge letdowns for results.

Dobyns-Bennett travels even better though . Kingsport loves their high school football.

Hey ,I was at all 3 of these games and the South fans packed em out. Crushed at the Fred, disappointed and frustrated at the Lindsey Nelson, and impressed ,even amazed and proud at the Black Hole. 3 great games for build up...huge letdowns for results.

Dobyns-Bennett travels even better though . Kingsport loves their high school football.

West of Knoxville...it's not even close!...it's Henry County's love for their Patriots that allows every other school on the schedule to rake in the $$$!!! I just wish there were a team (besides Dickson County which is a district 10-AAA member) that would return the favor...district or non- district! Hint: If your team travels well AND can field a competative team...you might want to have your AD call Henry County's! I understand there is going to be some changes made to next year's "non-district" schedule!!

West of Knoxville...it's not even close!...it's Henry County's love for their Patriots that allows every other school on the schedule to rake in the $$$!!! I just wish there were a team (besides Dickson County which is a district 10-AAA member) that would return the favor...district or non- district! Hint: If your team travels well AND can field a competative team...you might want to have your AD call Henry County's! I understand there is going to be some changes made to next year's "non-district" schedule!!

I have to agree with this one.

Ahhh. That's OK Jack. As long as you seal the deal this year. I think their will only be two teams that will hang with you as well as we did so we will feel proud of our accomplishments. And yeah, in 2006 I was probably the loudest mouth in preseason. And so my son gets his foot broke...in three places...and missed the whole season no less. That's what happens when you run that mouth. You had alot of athletes in 2006 but my personal favorite was Josef Throp. What were the ticket numbers for that game? Wasn't it like 12,000. And Crawdad, in 2009 at the Valley wasn't it like 10,000? But my best memory was Columbia in 2009. We brought more than they did.

Agreed!

The RED REBEL's fans travel real well, which can be a bad thing if you do not get there early. We have been known to fill up the visitors side and migrate towards the open seats on the home side.

I agree Red Rebels , Maryville fans come in swarms and I'm proud of that , I just wish we could get a little more fire into our Home crowds .