Power District 14A

shockernation

TT is a good player.....in your district and region. If you would venture out of your district/region you'd see many players that are better than TT. I'm not bashing her or anything, but over the years you guys have overhyped her alot on here. I know of several guards here in West TN this year that are better than TT in my opinion...and no none of those guards are at Gibson Co. She's an above average player on a team that hasn't achieved much with this "great" team that Lake Co. has. Go out and win state this year and TT will get those calls next year as a Senior.

Well I was talking about my district and my region and besides that none of the players I mentioned won a state title(except Kayla Hudson) and they still got the benefit of close calls. I seen many players to and I want to know who is better than her around here especially in our classification in west TN and I doubt you can name many in double a in west TN this year. You talk about state titles TT led her team as a freshman and dont forget that LC does not lose a player off this years team and they have a shot to win it this year.

I'm going to add my two cents on about T.T.Yes,she needs to work on her outside shot but it is betetr than it was a couple years ago.And she is shooting better free throws.As far as the great Lake Co team getting a stste championship and T.T. is over hyped..probably no more that Butler was at Gibson Co.She's a good player.Yes..maybe she is the leading scorer as a freshman.Fuzzell is the 2nd leading at Texas.That is more impressive.Texas plays Baylor,Tenn,Duke ..teams like that.UTM plays Tenn Tech,Murray,which is a big difference.T.T. Flowers didn't and doesn't have the luxury of playing with two big girls down low.All the teams know she is the go to girl for Lake Co and they set up their defense for that.Lake Co has athletes,not shooters that Gibson Co had.You can tell the difference when she's on the floor and when she isn't.It's not all about scoring.The girl from Bolivar is a good player but I'd take T.T. over anyone in a game of 1 on 1 with no help from other players.And by the way,Lake Co is still undefeated.Beat Central by 12 in the Jamboree in a game which they led by 18 points.In a half.You can say .it was a Jamboree and Central played a lot of players.I was there.They didn't sub hardly until about 4 minutes in the half and down big.Central just beat Gibson Co pretty handidly.Lake Co has beaten Westview in a game that i think is the worst we have played this year.But still won.May not get a championship but it won't be because of T.T.

Edited by mrbigster

Another thing.I'm not bashing the girls.I said Gray looked good shooting the ball.Just looks tired like has no energy.Nothing wrong with that comment.She has a great looking shot.As for Greenfield shooting 62 percent.Read my post.That doesn't surprise me one bit.Like I said.Number 40 was just dribbling by ,lets just say certain defenders all night long for layups.Little 10 year olds could have shot 62 percent doing that.So your post makes no sense at all

You make no sense you keep talking about defense well at the end of the night the defense was good enough to win. We have given up an average of 49 points a game this year against pretty good competition, but you don't want to see the good. I hate fans that just complain about everything it is ridiculous. Why not show support and appreciation for our team? Some fan you are!

Bigster, ill give it to you guys, you are better than gibson co. this year. No argument there. However, the hype about butler over the years was legit. She won two state championships and got nominated for ms basketball her senior season. She is now the all time leading scorer in gc history as well. Your comparison between tt and butler is no comparison. Now, with that being said and out of the way, kendra williams from bolivar is better than tt, sorry. Also, jalita fason is better than tt as well. Just because a girl can not lock down tt for four quarters doesn't mean she is better than that player. It just means she is quicker. Go down into mempis to the good girls teams there and you'll find guards that match her athleticism.

Bigster, ill give it to you guys, you are better than gibson co. this year. No argument there. However, the hype about butler over the years was legit. She won two state championships and got nominated for ms basketball her senior season. She is now the all time leading scorer in gc history as well. Your comparison between tt and butler is no comparison. Now, with that being said and out of the way, kendra williams from bolivar is better than tt, sorry. Also, jalita fason is better than tt as well. Just because a girl can not lock down tt for four quarters doesn't mean she is better than that player. It just means she is quicker. Go down into mempis to the good girls teams there and you'll find guards that match her athleticism.

How many times have you watched the 2 girls you mentioned above? How many times have you watched TT? My guess is not enough to step out and make a comment like that. Just because Gibson County is down does not mean you have to get on and comment on our players worry about your team and their current struggles.

I know where LC stands :popcorneater: , just curious??? Bout time to start

everybody know lake county is number one in 14a point blank! they will fight to win but will get nothing easy out of dis district. dont get it wrong but we played south fulton girls and they play hard and dont stop fighting till the fourth quarter!! the 14a can go any way this year!

How many times have you watched the 2 girls you mentioned above? How many times have you watched TT? My guess is not enough to step out and make a comment like that. Just because Gibson County is down does not mean you have to get on and comment on our players worry about your team and their current struggles.

Ive seen Fason and Williams both play.Both are very good players.I wouldn't pick either of them over T.T.But hopefully we'll get to see them matched up.Last year at Dyersburg they would have played if things would have fallen into place.But Liberty beat Lake Co and spoiled that .Liberty went on and beat Northside the next day I believe.Anyway,Dyersburg set the tournament so that their girls were practically in the championship game.If Northside,Lake Co and Liberty are in it again..figure it will be the same way.I've seen Liberty and they look good but I don't think they're as good overall as last year.I saw them play Dyer Co and Greenfield beat them.So hopefully we'll get to see T.T. and Fason.And I hope they guard each other man to man.

everybody know lake county is number one in 14a point blank! they will fight to win but will get nothing easy out of dis district. dont get it wrong but we played south fulton girls and they play hard and dont stop fighting till the fourth quarter!! the 14a can go any way this year!

I heard South Fulton beat Bradford and heard they play hard.Saw some of their scores and they look pretty good.Lake Co beat Humboldt but Humboldt isn't a bad team this year either .Was better than I expected.And Union City is the team I picked as my sleeper in other posts.Bradford and Greenfield can beat anyone.Any team in our district can lose and officials calls can decide some games.But if T.T.,Simone and Carnation stay out of foul trouble and are able to play the whole game..Lake Co will be tough to beat.Not saying they won't be beat or can't..but will be tough.

TT has always had a tendency to foul a lot. She plays out of control a lot. SHe's very quick, and a great athlete; but she does foul a lot.

You need to back off the refs dont give her the breaks like the other girls stuff. TT does foul a lot.

I'll admit she does pick up some cheap fouls but at the same time,I've seen actually go around a player and maybe brush the side and be called for a charge.And I believe a lot of that is because most of the opposing coaches in the area know her and the speed she has and tells the officials before the game..Look..the Flowers girl is fast but plays out of control a lot and a lot of times picks up some cheap called fouls.We probably don't have to worry about that as much when officials come in for the regional tournaments with different officials.If I'm Berrt or Coach Johnson..I believe I'd go to the officials and whine the other way.That Lake Co has one of the fastest players in the area and other coaches have probably already whined about T.T...look and make sure she doesn't blow past them or that they are set when taking the charge.I've seen a lot of times,T.T. is going full speed for a layup and a girl leans in at the last minute and could be a foul but because it looks like T.T. ran over her,a charge is called.But also..all I said is if Carnation ,T.T. and Simone don't get in foul trouble and are on the floor,will be hard to beat them.If they are going to call Lake Co for touch fouls going for the ball on the press,looks like they would call the touch fouls that other players do to try to keep T.T. from blowing past them.Maybe Coach Johnson should be doing the same lobbying as the opposing coaches before the game..to watch maybe a hand check or a body up to keep T.T. from driving.