Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Boone started the fight South finished. South is one of the most classy football programs in the area. Which side would not be quiet when the ref was down after the fight i think it was Boone

That is wrong and you know it! Souths 65 wouldn't let 81 up off the ground and started punching him through the facemask. I've set with south fans at other games and they are horrible. Talk during the National Anthem etc. CLASSLESS REDNECKS! Like it or leave it, but the truth will stand when the world is on fire!

That is wrong and you know it! Souths 65 wouldn't let 81 up off the ground and started punching him through the facemask. I've set with south fans at other games and they are horrible. Talk during the National Anthem etc. CLASSLESS REDNECKS! Like it or leave it, but the truth will stand when the world is on fire!

I just got a phone call and I was told this game will be reviewed...and Boone might be without more players and a Head Coach when they face West.I was told that Jenkins shoved one of our players #65 into the fight...It may even lead to legal stuff if you know what I mean. :thumb:

Big win for Boone, finally ending the streak that started back in 2000. Congrats to South on a big year as well, as from posts that were made during the beginning of the year suggested they were in trouble, but I really felt like they came together and became a tough crew. Hate to see a fight when emotions are running high. Looks like it is off to Knoxville and the big city for the boys of Gray. Promise kept on one end, promise to be made by another guys.

Congratulations to Boone for the Big win. Congratulations to the South seniors and all the South players for turning the season around when they could have given up. I wish all much success in the future.

Congratulations to Coach Jenkins for offering his sincere apologies for the fracas on every press outlet with which he has spoken. The tape Will be reviewed by the TSSAA and my hope is Boone loses no more players for the game with West. Boone and South will be brought before a committee in the summer and face fines and penalties for this year and next.

Now that the season is over, I will ask the South AD and administration to take an in depth at the coaching situation at South. They need to interview, at least, all the seniors to get a true grasp of what's happening. I would also like to see them ban all daddys, fans, groupies and lingerers from the practice field and locker room area in the future. These young Rebels and future Rebels deserve nothing but the very best from coaching professionals who are fair and care about the well being of the players, first and foremost.

I have to say the fight was pretty big with many south players coming all the way across the field to Boones sideline and start throwing punches. I seen coaches involved and the South coach looked like he was trying to fight some of Boones coaches from my stand point. The refs let the game get to that point and its there fault. What i dont understand is we pick off the pass a race to our own 20 yet when play is resumed after the brawl the refs spot the ball at Souths twenty. Now it doesn't take a genius or at least anyone who watches football to know that something was wrong with that picture. My honest opinion is that the TSSAA should never let any of those refs step back on a football field again. Blown calls all night from clear face masks to the line judge running 10 yards past where the ball was punted out of bounds, yet he back tracks another 15 yards. Also Kevin Connell clearly had a touchdown and how you can magically strip a ball while his forward progress was in the end zone and hes getting thrown back 4 yards and the ball comes out then just blew my mind.

Boone gave South every chance in the world. But it takes more than there super human QB to win, you need recievers, running backs, and offensive line that will actually block for him.

Not sure how the TSSAA rotates their officials, but it sounds like the exact crew that let the Happy Valley- Johnson County game get out of hand. Would like to know if it was the same crew. There were 2 players ejected in it.

I just got a phone call and I was told this game will be reviewed...and Boone might be without more players and a Head Coach when they face West.I was told that Jenkins shoved one of our players #65 into the fight...It may even lead to legal stuff if you know what I mean. :thumb:

So I guesss after he shoved the player into the fight he picked his arm up for him and repeatedly threw punches for him too? C'mon dude somebody is seeing things through blue colored glasses. The blame for this fight lies equally on both teams for not keeping their composure. The real blame lies with the officials for letting plays go on for longer than they should. Both teams played until they heard the whistle, like they should. When foward progress is stopped and you have 4 guys holding a player up while a 5th is trying to strip it and no whistle comes your going to get tempers flared up Just a very bad incident to a great defensive football game.

Edited by tosssweep

No South can’t say that… and NEITHER CAN BOONE legitimately. Look TB… I’ve been trying not to lash out at my fellow Big 8 comrades during the post season… but YOU are making my hands really warm in these gloves I’ve made myself wear… if you know what I mean. So I’ll just take one finger out (for now) and say… how many of them hotdog players you got on that “DEEP†roster gonna be playin football on Saturday!!! I’m not talking the “Wish I Was†intramural flag football that the Coulda Shoulda Wouldas end up playin! DEEP :lol: …………… give me a break. You obviously don’t get out of Gray much. Do me a favor… go back and look at the video footage posted on O4’s post #47 (page 4 of this thread)… and then tell me again how “DEEP†and talented your boys from BOONE are. ;)

How many Vikings are gonna be playin next Friday?

So I guesss after he shoved the player into the fight he picked his arm up for him and repeatedly threw punches for him too? C'mon dude somebody is seeing things through blue colored glasses. The blame for this fight lies equally on both teams for not keeping their composure. The real blame lies with the officials for letting plays go on for longer than they should. Both teams played until they heard the whistle, like they should. When foward progress is stopped and you have 4 guys holding a player up while a 5th is trying to strip it and no whistle comes your going to get tempers flared up Just a very bad incident to a great defensive football game.

The blame is on the officials. A good group of officials would of stopped play when they saw things were starting to get out of control. They would of went to both benches and they would of talked to both teams on the field and warned them. I've seen officals do this many times and it always calmes things down. Im not sure the TSSAA can review film and then suspend players after a game. I thought the players had to be ejected during a game. But who knows. If anybody is suspended it should be the officals for not doing their job. In last nights DB-JC game there were a couple JC players that were running their mouth after every single play and doing a little shoving. The more they got by with it the bolder they got until they started to let the "n" word fly and DB pushed back. The officials were to blame for ever letting it get that far. After the malay not a single player was ejected nor was there a penelty on either team. Go figure. Actually the refs. should of been ejected.

Congratulations to Boone for the Big win. Congratulations to the South seniors and all the South players for turning the season around when they could have given up. I wish all much success in the future.

Congratulations to Coach Jenkins for offering his sincere apologies for the fracas on every press outlet with which he has spoken. The tape Will be reviewed by the TSSAA and my hope is Boone loses no more players for the game with West. Boone and South will be brought before a committee in the summer and face fines and penalties for this year and next.

Now that the season is over, I will ask the South AD and administration to take an in depth at the coaching situation at South. They need to interview, at least, all the seniors to get a true grasp of what's happening. I would also like to see them ban all daddys, fans, groupies and lingerers from the practice field and locker room area in the future. These young Rebels and future Rebels deserve nothing but the very best from coaching professionals who are fair and care about the well being of the players, first and foremost.

JH, I don't necessarily agree with all of your post, but you are spot on about people (especially Dads) being allowed too much intervention. It's been a frustrating year. Main reason I've been quiet.

On a brighter note, congrats to the Blazers and Coach J. Good luck next week.

The blame is on the officials. A good group of officials would of stopped play when they saw things were starting to get out of control. They would of went to both benches and they would of talked to both teams on the field and warned them. I've seen officals do this many times and it always calmes things down. Im not sure the TSSAA can review film and then suspend players after a game. I thought the players had to be ejected during a game. But who knows. If anybody is suspended it should be the officals for not doing their job. In last nights DB-JC game there were a couple JC players that were running their mouth after every single play and doing a little shoving. The more they got by with it the bolder they got until they started to let the "n" word fly and DB pushed back. The officials were to blame for ever letting it get that far. After the malay not a single player was ejected nor was there a penelty on either team. Go figure. Actually the refs. should of been ejected.

I was about to say the same thing. I've been at games too at Boone where they have done this about 3 years ago. If it got to that point the officials did not do their job. I am not placing all the blame on officials, but they can do things to keep things from getting to that point.

I just want to talk football. If you look at the posts i put on here in the past, it's always about TEAM play.I think when you talk about just one or two players it causes problems in the ranks.I think early in the season we didn't play together as a team. As the season went on, you could see it all coming together.I would like to congratulate the SOUTH team on a good season. Keep your heads up. Just remember nobody gave you a chance at the start of the season.

I suppose the game on the field is enough evidence that you are wrong! Hayden is all they had and when you shut him down they don't know what to do....actually they take their frustrations out in a fight. Your precious TH got beat so go ahead and get on off the boards! Until next year $%*&$.

LOL ok you can say what you want but apperantly you didn't witness the bad calls by refs all night long for both teams. Hayden isn't all South has. 3 sorry @$$ Boone players thought it would be nice to jump on Nick Solt (#65) after on of them kneed him in the chest whle he was down, therefore he got up and defended himself and got ejected (which is stupid). Before you open yuor mouth look at the facts......what was the score during the regular season game this year????? You should thank the refs though not your unruly team.