Science Hill @ Maryville

MHSRebels

No no they are in fact very bad. Yea i know the 5A teams they lost to are good but they are still 5A teams. With all the money that so far has been wasted on that program they should be a premier team in east TN. With that being said i agree with Trailblazersback, within the next few years, Stacy Carter should have them rolling.

Being a 6A team doesn't make it an automatic win over a 5A, or 3A for that matter, teams (I don't think I need to remind any Maryville person about Alcoa).

Go back and take a look at who beat Science Hill this year:

TN High - 10-0 last year

Sullivan South - Lost in the 5A semi-final last year against Columbia

Daniel Boone - Lost in the 5A quarter-finals last year against Sullivan South

Dobyns-Bennett - perennial regular season

In the South and TN High games, Science Hill had the chance to win or tie late in the game. In the Boone game, they didn't show up and got embarrassed. Against DB, a few big plays by the Indians and it was all over.

Having said that, do I believe the Hill is light years behind where they should be considering the talent base the school has as evident in their success in every other athletic program...absolutely.

I believe this game will be a great experience for the Hilltoppers, regardless of the outcome. From this game, they should learn what it is going to take to compete at an elite level.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After round #3, you'll know the name of the conference. The Big Eight conference. Roll TribeRoll!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Good grief dude. Why would you taunt Maryville? It will take everything we've got and then some to beat them, if we're lucky enough to get that far. We haven't faced a team any where near the caliber of Maryville this year. You need to calm down.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Got to go with Maryville on this one. Science Hill is going to get better, they have invested in their program with a nice, 21st Century Stadium, and they will get better in years to come, but right now, they don't have the horses to play with Maryville at their house. Looks like if this bracket falls out the way it looks, it will be Maryville going to DB in a couple of weeks, that should be a dandy as DB has come back from last years down year.

Ok, I'll admit it. I knew the name of the Conference all along. THE BIG 8. We don't name our Districts down here. I think this phenomenon is unique to the NET. I tried to get a name for Maryville's old 4A Region but it never caught on.

I was up in J.C. about three weeks ago for work. When my meeting was over I took a drive through the Science Hill Campus just to check out the Spurrier Dome. Very nice. :thumb:

I have watched the toppers play three times. If they can get there o line to attack at the snap of the ball and get a good push up front you will see a big difference in this team.It all starts at the line of scrimage.I'm not bad mouthing by no means. When the new coaching system set's in they will be fun to watch.

Ok, I'll admit it. I knew the name of the Conference all along. THE BIG 8. We don't name our Districts down here. I think this phenomenon is unique to the NET. I tried to get a name for Maryville's old 4A Region but it never caught on.

I was up in J.C. about three weeks ago for work. When my meeting was over I took a drive through the Science Hill Campus just to check out the Spurrier Dome. Very nice. :thumb:

Red Rebulls yore old Cartur Cowntee roots haz gotchee thankin'.....By tha way...Did that feller meet ewe at that store in Elizabethtun last yeer??.... :rolleyes: