Science Hill @ Maryville

MHSRebels

No doubt, we are out man'd and out matched! But, we will be ready to go and give it all we have Friday night in Maryville. And I hope the best team doesn't win. :|

And thanks to the well wishers and support of our brothers of the Big 8. We need all the help we can get!

Edited by The Hill

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Rebulls yore old Cartur Cowntee roots haz gotchee thankin'.....By tha way...Did that feller meet ewe at that store in Elizabethtun last yeer??.... :rolleyes:

We never did iron on the details on the location of the meeting and after Alcoa offended defeated the Cyclones, I never heard from him again. I wanted to meet at Fletcher's

fletchstore.jpg

and I think he wanted to meet at Poss' Variety Store. :thumb:

possbldg.jpg

:ph34r:

Being a 6A team doesn't make it an automatic win over a 5A, or 3A for that matter, teams (I don't think I need to remind any Maryville person about Alcoa).

Go back and take a look at who beat Science Hill this year:

TN High - 10-0 last year

Sullivan South - Lost in the 5A semi-final last year against Columbia

Daniel Boone - Lost in the 5A quarter-finals last year against Sullivan South

Dobyns-Bennett - perennial regular season

In the South and TN High games, Science Hill had the chance to win or tie late in the game. In the Boone game, they didn't show up and got embarrassed. Against DB, a few big plays by the Indians and it was all over.

Having said that, do I believe the Hill is light years behind where they should be considering the talent base the school has as evident in their success in every other athletic program...absolutely.

I believe this game will be a great experience for the Hilltoppers, regardless of the outcome. From this game, they should learn what it is going to take to compete at an elite level.

This is going to come off rude, as most of my posts do in the morning cause Im kinda like that McDonalds Coffee dude....but that is the dumbest argument of all time right there. Did you really think in 2002 teams like Oliver Springs and Sweetwater were like "Oh mean we beat Alcoa, they wont state 2 years ago and were in the Semi Finals" well yea maybe they were but you know how many players off those 2 teams were still there? Maybe 5 and none were starters. Seriously you cant say "oh we beat so and so that was good last year" because it was LAST FREAKING YEAR!

This is going to come off rude, as most of my posts do in the morning cause Im kinda like that McDonalds Coffee dude....but that is the dumbest argument of all time right there. Did you really think in 2002 teams like Oliver Springs and Sweetwater were like "Oh mean we beat Alcoa, they wont state 2 years ago and were in the Semi Finals" well yea maybe they were but you know how many players off those 2 teams were still there? Maybe 5 and none were starters. Seriously you cant say "oh we beat so and so that was good last year" because it was LAST FREAKING YEAR!

I think you missed the point. I responding to the poster who was wondering "how a team like science hill make the playoffs." I was simply attempting to illastrate the quality of the opponents. To my knowledge, the teams I listed returned the vast majority of their starters from last season.

I think you missed the point. I responding to the poster who was wondering "how a team like science hill make the playoffs." I was simply attempting to illastrate the quality of the opponents. To my knowledge, the teams I listed returned the vast majority of their starters from last season.

Tennessee only returned 5 or 6 starters total. If all the players last year were juniors, I assure you they wouldn't be 6-4 this year. In my opinion, aside from special teams this is the worst Viking team Stubbs has had during his tenure as head coach.

Science Hill finished 6-4 this year. They beat all of their non-conference opponents despite losing to 4 conference opponents. They're not the worst 6A school as one poster suggested, but from what I've heard they're young this year and I think it will take Carter a couple of more years to get the team where people are expecting them to be.

Edited by THSVikings2004

No doubt, we are out man'd and out matched! But, we will be ready to go and give it all we have Friday night in Maryville. And I hope the best team doesn't win. :|

And thanks to the well wishers and support of our brothers of the Big 8. We need all the help we can get!

Good luck to you and your boys Hill. Just remember… keep em under 40 points and there is nothing anybody around here can say to you. :D Get there early and get some good footage for us. I have to say that (other than the score of course :blush: ) our trip to Maryville in 04’ was one of if not the best high school football experience I can remember. Allot of things have changed at THS since that trip.

Take away thier lucky breaks early in the year and SHHS should be 3 and 7. No better than last year. Probably same next year.

On the other hand, get a couple breaks and it would be 8-2, I'm not sure Tn High and South would want to play those games over. They are where most folks thought they would be at the end of the season and with mostly Juniors and a couple Soph's starting, should improve next year. I think the Maryville score will be closer than you think. Hope a Big 8 team takes it all the way!

Edited by NoDaddyBall

On the other hand, get a couple breaks and it would be 8-2, I'm not sure Tn High and South would want to play those games over. They are where most folks thought they would be at the end of the seaso and with mostly Juniors and a couple Soph's starting, should improve next year. I think the Maryville score will be closer than you think. Hope a Big 8 team takes it all the way!

Not sure if the score is going to be any better than expected but this experience will make the future of this team better. You might not think so when the fat lady sings Friday night… but there will be some goals and standards assimilated form this experience. :thumb: