Science Hill @ Maryville

MHSRebels

I have to say that (other than the score of course :blush: ) our trip to Maryville in 04’ was one of if not the best high school football experience I can remember.

Cap1 that's awfull nice ov you two say....Tha Skeetur uz haiv a good feel two hit....Throw that inn wif all tha nice restruints and nice edgycated fans.... :thumb:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never use the word "Assimilated" around someone from Johnson City. Sometimes it has a duel meaning.

Whut duz "assimulated" meen?????.....mommaSTARS sed hit meens sumthin like put togethur.....Sorta like she iz!!!!....Orr tha way my favritt sanger can put togethur a purty luv song..... :wub:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Whut duz "assimulated" meen?????.....mommaSTARS sed hit meens sumthin like put togethur.....Sorta like she iz!!!!....Orr tha way my favritt sanger can put togethur a purty luv song..... :wub:

I can't explain it all to you cause this is a family show. Is that some of your kin in the video. That Bat Poet looks like a guy I ran over on the highway a couple years ago. Looks like he's recovered fairly well though. Except for the front side of his body.

Wow... not sure if the Toppers can handle Piggy Wiggy.

Science Hill is a team that needs a BIG WIN.

They have improved under Coach Carter, and like most are saying, will improve each year, but this group does have some talent and are due for some breaks.

It would be a HUGE upset but would love to come out of Maryville with a win.

Please tell me Piggy Wiggy will be the halftime show!!!

So, any of you Maryville people care to share any info on parking and your stadium?

This a cut and past from a post a few years back:

Parking is not a problem if you are familiar with the area. If you are from out of town it might seem confusing. There are parking lots in front of the school but they fill up fast. Parking on the street is allowed, but only park in the marked spaces on the street. If you get there early park in the school parking lots which are south of the school. If it is really crowded you could park at Sam Houston Elementary which is south of the high school between Melrose and Cunningham Streets. Davis Drive also dead ends at a parking lot at Sam Houston. If it is that crowed just drop your crew off at the stadium and then let one person hike. Just a note: When you are facing the front of the school (Lawrence Ave. side) walk around the school to the left and you will come right to the visitor's gate on Cedar Street. (A few years ago, I started around Mo-East the wrong way and never thought that I would get to the stadium.)

There are four gates to get in the stadium: Cedar Street Home Gate, Cedar Street Visitors Gate, Broadway Gate (home side) and a Gate behind the gym. S-H fans could use any Gate, but I would avoid the Cedar Street home Gate because you have to walk too far to get to your seats. Cedar Street is closed during games, just walk down to the visitors side and you won't have to walk all the way around the field. You can only cross from the home to visitors side on the east end of the field.

You can pay to park at New Providence Presbyterian Church (big stone building) 703 West Broadway Avenue Maryville, Tennessee. They are located right across Broadway from the practice field and there is a gate on Broadway. This is easy to pull into off of US 321 (Lamar Alexander Pky.)

More free parking is at the City of Maryville Municipal Building which is located SE corner of 321/Broadway. This is a short hike but there are plenty of spaces. Be careful crossing 321.

Be careful parking in the shops on Broadway west of the stadium. They have made announcements during past games for people to move their cars per the shop owners (flower shop). Miller Funeral home should be ok to park in if they are not conducting business this Friday. If it is lit up I would check first.

This might be too much info, I always get there early enough to park at the school.

Just don't bring sticks for your flags or laser pointers or.... there is a list at the gate. :ph34r:

Edited by Red Rebels

Wow... not sure if the Toppers can handle Piggy Wiggy.

Science Hill is a team that needs a BIG WIN.

They have improved under Coach Carter, and like most are saying, will improve each year, but this group does have some talent and are due for some breaks.

It would be a HUGE upset but would love to come out of Maryville with a win.

Please tell me Piggy Wiggy will be the halftime show!!!

Fellers eye looked up tha last time that Mairvul haid played Cyunts Hill inn footbawl.....Well hit wuz 1941 befour Purl Harbur wuz bombed....So hits been a while....topperdadx3 jist inn case Hogman aint makin' hit fer tha haiftime show....A added feechur fer our vizturs frum Jonsun City..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS