Chuckey Doak vs Elizabethton

CycloneCyclone

I think the woods thing to back in black will be awesome! But please leave the Witten money we dont get out of it! Dude have you been to our stadium in a while? We have no upgrades,its the same it has been since I played the 20 years ago except for new paint. Its horrible in the locker rooms,if it rains more water comes in the stadium than out.So if where getting money there just holding on to it! But cant wait to play you all I love new venues! Good luck!!

I am concerned that you're going to be extremely disappointed with the CDHS stadium. I've always thought EHS had a nice facility, at least in comparison to ours. We don't even have seats...just concrete slabs to sit on for the home side. They've moved in some portable metal bleachers for the visiting teams now.

But "Back in Black" should be playing...that's still happening 30 years later!

And just in case you want to call me dude again, how's dudette work for you?

I am concerned that you're going to be extremely disappointed with the CDHS stadium. I've always thought EHS had a nice facility, at least in comparison to ours. We don't even have seats...just concrete slabs to sit on for the home side. They've moved in some portable metal bleachers for the visiting teams now.

You must have not been on the visitors side? The "bleachers" aren't portable or metal. They are actually very nice and much better than the older "slabs" on the home side.

My apology to Mrs. and/or Ms. CDHSGrad! :blush:

You must have not been on the visitors side? The "bleachers" aren't portable or metal. They are actually very nice and much better than the older "slabs" on the home side.

You are correct that there are some new bleachers on the visitors side. For the GHS game, some metal temporary bleachers were brought in so I expect the same for the EHS game since I hear they have quite a following of fans. I assume CDHS administration will anticipate a big crowd of visitors. That was my point with that statement.

I have seen both play, and I say Elizabethton pitches the shut-out, 35-0... On a side note, I now have ZERO respect for Coach Murphy after he put his QB back in a game after he had gotten a concussion when CD's lead was threatened.

That's not only stupid in the fact that it endangers that young man's life, it's against the TSSAA sanctions on concussions this year. They released a new policy at the beginning of the season that said if a player is thought to have a concussion, he must be cleared by a doctor before returning to the field of play. If he did not receive clearance, then that is just flat out stupidity.

That's not only stupid in the fact that it endangers that young man's life, it's against the TSSAA sanctions on concussions this year. They released a new policy at the beginning of the season that said if a player is thought to have a concussion, he must be cleared by a doctor before returning to the field of play. If he did not receive clearance, then that is just flat out stupidity.

It is dangerous, but the rule is a bit different than you stated. The refs have to determine if the player needs to leave the field by showing symptoms of a concussion. Also, many teams have sideline doctors that can evaluate and release the player right there, that night, on the sideline.

I have seen both play, and I say Elizabethton pitches the shut-out, 35-0... On a side note, I now have ZERO respect for Coach Murphy after he put his QB back in a game after he had gotten a concussion when CD's lead was threatened.

What game did this happen in? I sure haven't heard anything about that happening at CD this year or last year for that matter. The same kid was the starting QB last year, too. I'm curious....

Yeah without carmichael id say betsy would have won..ha..are you telling me carmichael is responsible for 50 points himself? People always try and find ways to take away from what hard work and dedication produce. The kid is in Greeneville because he is now living with his aunt and uncle in a better situation, not because he was recruited?? Are you serious?

And IF we continue to win, we'll take our "little gold ball" anyway we can get it. But i can guaruntee you its not through recruiting players. (or paying for wins with equipment, or playing down a classification) ill save you some time and effort.... :thumb:

and why run away besty tired of getting your #### handed to ya! explain that the reason for besty - s south droping the devils ! im listening !

Odds are that if were tired of being beat we would have dropped you a long time ago so don't get full of yourself. With this new wins=playoff position it's not out of the question that EHS is trying to schedule games that are easier to win. I'm sure if they didn't change the playoff style EHS would still face Greeneville. Plus if we are able to get Hampton on the schedule if it's true that we are trying to get a deal going with them than it would be a shorter drive as well. Yes playing big and good teams prepares you for the end but it also stacks the deck against you as well..example, our current playoff scenario. We go UD in conference and wind up with 7 seed with the chance of playing the toughest team in our bracket 2nd rd plus not ever getting to play on homefield the duration of the playoffs. That's about the only reason I can see us changing our schedule around

What game did this happen in? I sure haven't heard anything about that happening at CD this year or last year for that matter. The same kid was the starting QB last year, too. I'm curious....

This year against Unaka. He got hit when they were up by 2 TD's and they took him out. Unaka brought it back to a one score game, and they put that QB back in there. t=That poor kid couldnt even WALK in a straight line. He kept tripping over his own feet. He could barely stand to hand the ball off. And the sad part was the Umpire sat there and watched him fall once and just laughed.