Who's the New Coach at Ravenwood

lbhiii

:mrgreen: Is he interested in being a Head Coach again? There are a lot of good assistant coaches in the county that could be good Head Coaches if giving the support needed to be successful; Eubanks at Centennial; Winfree at Brentwood; Rathbone at Page; Webb at BGA; etc. My only question is who is going to put their name in the running for the job? :thumb:

I would think any of these 4 would be an outstanding choice. They have all been within the county and would do a good job. However the powers that be will probably not even consider these coaches. Someone at Ravenwood needs to get their act together and make contact with these coaches and at least get them to interview. Why not be proactive in going after the next coach.

Edited by FranklyMyDear

This will be an interesting choice, as Willco expects the head coach to fill a position within the school, and have a teaching certificate in the state. I know at times qualified coaches who could not be considered because of this ruling; others because there was no opening for in that school for their teaching certificate.

Aydelotte might like it because he would eliminate his commute; however I don't think the community would take to his offense. Winfree might be best staying where he is- his son is in line to be QB next year at BHS.

The school is also in the crossfire of rezoning to fill Centennial,as well as a projected new high school for Nolensville-so numbers can't be counted on. The talent should still be there as new people move in as it probably ranks as THE high school with the highest per capita income per family in the state.

Rector's biggest failing was (successfully) rolling the dice on the program for a championship run- meanwhile neglecting to install a freshman team, and totally neglecting the JV's. Those decisions have come back to haunt the program. Wonder what he will do when is GA at Western runs out? I'm not so sure being at Western now is going to be such hot stuff on his resume'.

But the truth remains- have to beat Brentwood and Franklin to make the locals happy.

Ravenwood will be looking for a coach with the following;

1. Younger than 45

2. Strict on discipline

3. Experience as a head coach.

I know for a fact this is their wish list but it seems to me they had the oppurtunity to fill this 3 years ago when they selected Shuman. What do you guys think?

1. Age= 26 not married and can devote all his time to teaching, football, and the kids

2. Discipline= Demands it from Players and coaching staff both on and off the field

3. Experience as a head coach-Spent 2 years building a program with a great head coach and was taught to do things the right way.( Paper Work, field maintenance, care of equipment, PARENTS,all the way to scheduling and contracts. I guess some just do not trust young blood but all the young bloods I know are assistant coaches in college or GA's at a college. I chose the High School route.

4. College playing experience

5. Knowledge of new technology to help game planning on and off the game field.

6. A certified teacher!!!!!!!!!!

:bored:

I guess all of us young coaches will just have to be patient and pay our time or go GA somewhere. Either way I am staying in high school. There is nothing like FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!

Edited by jcraigp23

This will be an interesting choice, as Willco expects the head coach to fill a position within the school, and have a teaching certificate in the state. I know at times qualified coaches who could not be considered because of this ruling; others because there was no opening for in that school for their teaching certificate.

Aydelotte might like it because he would eliminate his commute; however I don't think the community would take to his offense. Winfree might be best staying where he is- his son is in line to be QB next year at BHS.

The school is also in the crossfire of rezoning to fill Centennial,as well as a projected new high school for Nolensville-so numbers can't be counted on. The talent should still be there as new people move in as it probably ranks as THE high school with the highest per capita income per family in the state.

Rector's biggest failing was (successfully) rolling the dice on the program for a championship run- meanwhile neglecting to install a freshman team, and totally neglecting the JV's. Those decisions have come back to haunt the program. Wonder what he will do when is GA at Western runs out? I'm not so sure being at Western now is going to be such hot stuff on his resume'.

But the truth remains- have to beat Brentwood and Franklin to make the locals happy.

:thumb: Rumor is that one of Brentwood's Elite is in on the job!! :thumb:

Ravenwood will be looking for a coach with the following;

1. Younger than 45

2. Strict on discipline

3. Experience as a head coach.

I know for a fact this is their wish list but it seems to me they had the oppurtunity to fill this 3 years ago when they selected Shuman. What do you guys think?

Blade from Oak Ridge