Greeneville Vs. Fulton Round 2

DevilMan03

Who Wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Yep and as soon as Greeneville can get as good as Alcoa at recruiting (we had a setback when Duncan left for Scott County)I'm sure we'll improve... I mean we are trying but having to drive over the mountains in January on those recruiting trips to NC can get hazardous.Plus Coaches Baugh and McCall keep wanting to stop at Wolf Laurel to ski.

$10 says Andy would be wearing shorts on the slopes.

Alright... I'm here to pay my dues... Haven't been hiding, just happened to be the first time i get to log on since the game. Greeneville was everything you claimed and everything we expected. The fight was unfortunate, but had been brewing for a couple of quarters. Call it immaturity, emotions running high, lack of discipline in the heat of he battle... but don't call it thuggery when arms are swinging from both sides. Fulton didn't try to start a fight like many of you have posted... one player lost his cool and a shoving match escalated. That's not a team choice... that's one of our guys not representing our school well. It did happen quick... therefore both players were ready and willing to exchange blows.

We lost all aspects of the game. We could have played better and put more points on the board and stepped up and executed better on defense to prevent some of the big scoring plays. The passing plays in particular. However... Even though the score was 35-0... we were not pounded to the ground and beaten because we couldn't compete... We were competitive in the 1st half and had our opportunities to score and move the ball, just like you had your opportunities to punt several times. You should be thanking us for giving your starters the opportunity to play deep into the 4th quarter considering how you have pulled them from the game at half time. We didn't get pounded into the ground physically and limp off the field. We were beaten by a efficient and resourceful offense combined by a very solid defense.

I was impressed by the mobility of your quarterback and see why he is a deserving Mr Football finalist. You will definitely beat Gibbs and practice on Thanksgiving morning.

Special thanks to the one Greeneville mom who came out of the stands and asked the belligerent hecklers that were taunting our players and coaching staff with a nonstop verbal assault. While many laughed and smiled at their antics, she was obviously embarrassed and told him what an embarrassment he was to the rest of Greeneville.

I know your a proud community that loves your school's football program, but your fan base still be remembers as classless by your visitors until you can act like you won it before. "Kick'm while their down and remind them that they're losers" would be a great sign to hang somewhere in the stadium. You definitely believe it... so you might as well print it.

One more thing... Honestly, as great as your team is... you're no Alcoa.

Edited by Photoman

Special thanks to the one Greeneville mom who came out of the stands and asked the belligerent hecklers that were taunting our players and coaching staff with a nonstop verbal assault. While many laughed and smiled at their antics, she was obviously embarrassed and told him what an embarrassment he was to the rest of Greeneville.

I know your a proud community that loves your school's football program, but your fan base still be remembers as classless by your visitors until you can act like you won it before. "Kick'm while their down and remind them that they're losers" would be a great sign to hang somewhere in the stadium. You definitely believe it... so you might as well print it.

One more thing... Honestly, as great as your team is... you're no Alcoa.

Just about anywhere you will play in NET,has got it's share of folks that act like they have never been as far as Kentucky.Greeneville has some of the best fans that travel nomatter how bad the team is.You should have went to Erwin years ago with the hate the Blue Devils and Greene Devils had for each other.We had guys standing right behind us,drinking Jack and calling us names we had never heard before and that was for a freshman game. There was a big fight behind the stands in Cocke county one friday night and a guy in his thirties was trying to get us to fight him.I pulled a teammate of the fence.We got rocked as we left.Greeneville played a B- team game the next week there on halloween {not good}

BANG #3! :thumb: Hey BC, you must remember, Maryville has been down the past two years because they have lost to the F5! Thats the feeling I get when it comes to Upper East TN football fans! :thumb:

Let's not forget if Maryville was still in 4A they (Greeneville) would be saying right now, "well we had a good season, they boys played their hearts out la la la la"

Let's not forget if Maryville was still in 4A they (Greeneville) would be saying right now, "well we had a good season, they boys played their hearts out la la la la"

Lets not forget they were the largest team in 4A and GHS was 3A playing up. Now in the 6 classifications, we are 4A and the Rebs are 6A. Great program and we are not close to them.., but I always like all the info on the table.

Go Alcoa 3A, GHS 4A and Maryville 6A for GOLD BALLS!

Oh we put that in the book as a 35-0 Win! And oh ya 12-0!!! Haha

Yes Greenville won! They are good! But with a OPEN SCHOOL ZONE they get players from all over the county. All of Knox County is not open. The players must live in the school zone. The Chucky Doak coach said Greenville had 9 of the players that should have went to his school. How can that be fair. I am sure Chucky can not build the field house and have the nice turff field.

TSSAA should make all open school zoned counties play private school class! That is a unfair advantage.

Ripper

Yes Greenville won! They are good! But with a OPEN SCHOOL ZONE they get players from all over the county. All of Knox County is not open. The players must live in the school zone. The Chucky Doak coach said Greenville had 9 of the players that should have went to his school. How can that be fair. I am sure Chucky can not build the field house and have the nice turff field.

TSSAA should make all open school zoned counties play private school class! That is a unfair advantage.

Ripper

Stop crying about Greeneville being an open school zone. Greeneville has been open zoned for over 20 years now and since Greeneville starts making it to the semi's and finals the past couple of years you bring it up now? Most of the Tuition students are for the band and since the county schools have a band program less Tuition students have came to Greeneville each year. I played for Greeneville in 07 and i was suppose to go to Chuckey Doak along with a bunch of other players on the team that were suppose to go to County Schools. We had all went to city schools since we were in elementary or middle school, so it wasn't for sports at that age. Both my parents attended differen't county schools in Greeneville and decided that i would attend Greeneville city schools when i was 5 because the education was better and would give me a better chance of attending college. Not everyone goes to Greeneville High to play sports, Education still is number one!

Edited by RyanD22

Stop crying about Greeneville being an open school zone. Greeneville has been open zoned for over 20 years now and since Greeneville starts making it to the semi's and finals the past couple of years you bring it up now? Most of the Tuition students are for the band and since the county schools have a band program less Tuition students have came to Greeneville each year. I played for Greeneville in 07 and i was suppose to go to Chuckey Doak along with a bunch of other players on the team that were suppose to go to County Schools. We had all went to city schools since we were in elementary or middle school, so it wasn't for sports at that age. Both my parents attended differen't county schools in Greeneville and decided that i would attend Greeneville city schools when i was 5 because the eduaction was better and would give me a better chance of attending college. Not everyone goes to Greeneville High to play sports, Education still is number one!

BTW, Science Hill in Johnson City no longer accepts out of zone students...

Ripper

I'll bet you don't have a problem when a city player goes to the county to play at South Greene, or someone zoned for SG goes to Chuckey-Doak. You do realize that when SG was dominating girls b-ball in the late 80's-late 90's, those weren't all girls from the SG feeder schools?