Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Ok I have been slacking this year as far as posts, but you know what I thought I would post my thoughts on this one. First of all I do not get to attend this one, and I am highly upset,but anywho lets see. All I ever here from the "speed oriented" or "pass oriented" teams is "oh Polk is a power team they can't keep up with our speed" or "our receivers our two good for them." Want examples posts from this year and last year's South Pitt games (both of which we one fairly easily) , or last years McMinn Central game (we beat them 48-12). Fact of the matter is we play with heart, and determination, and when you have those things and some of the best coaching in the state you can beat these finesse teams with a power team. Am I worried CAK will beat us? Sure I am. Am I worried they will kill us? Not at all. To all of you CAK/Alcoa fans that I have seen on here I would take Polk over you two any day, and I would because we play well against teams that rely on speed or finesse. There are very few teams that does what Polk does, and when Polk faces a team that plays similar football to them they struggle. Honestly, I am more scared of Loudon than I am CAK or Alcoa. It is not that Loudon is better it is that they play our kind of football. Which is something we struggle with. You best believe Coach Derrick will have CAK pretty much nailed down by Friday, and if Polk executes his game plans Polk will be headed back to Benton with a victory.

Also, to all the people posting about our scrimmages earlier. Polk has for as long as I remembered played poorly in pre-season scrimmages. I can't peg it right as to why, but example last year and this year we scrimmaged South Pitt. In the pre-season scrimmages we got killed, but I do believe they had their Pirate rule reversed on them this year in the regular season. Also, last year we had a 27-0 first half lead, and won 36-28. What I am trying to say is pre-season really doesn't factor into this match up AT ALL. Honestly, the regular season doesn't matter much. Friday night is going to come down to who wants it more, and honestly CAK better factor in them turnovers cause Polk likes to feast, and Mr. Hargrove will come up big all night in the backfield. Our offense is no push over either, and trust me when I say this, your defense will look like Middle school kids by the end of the night.

Lastly, Whoever posted the picture of Coach D being carried off the field, and gave the Polk kids crap for it, I feel sorry for whichever team you pull for. I feel this way because your kids must not feel much passion for the game. They must be a bunch of selfish athletes that luckily enough had a good coach, and a big city to pull kids from. We do not enjoy that luxury, but we enjoy the luxury of family. Polk football players, coaches, and fans are like one big family. Honestly, I know every player personally, as does most of the town, and excuse us for carrying our coach off the field. In a town where we actually care about our team, and our players actually see our coach as a father figure I guess that's what you see. Sorry we aren't some city school with a bunch of preppy private school kids who play for themselves and nothing else.

No that I let that out,

Polk-35

CAK-28

Only a touchdown decides this one.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

1. Of the pass oriented offenses that polk has played the past few years, this is the only quarterback that is going to college to actually play quarterback. There is a difference.

2. You obviously haven't seen Alcoa play if you'd rather play them than Loudon.

3. Turnovers, not who wants it more will determine the game. Im pretty sure that CAK wants to make it out of round 2 as much, if not more than Polk since they've been matched up with Alcoa the last few years.

4. If you go by the "your only as good as your last game" theory, the offense will have to get it together. less than 150 total yards of total offense will not get it done on Friday. I believe PC will have a much better night offensively than against Tyner.. or i hope so anyways.

5. The guy that posted the picture of the coach getting carried off the field supports a team that has won the last 6 state championships. Their idea of success is a little different than that of Polk's. It was good for PC to get the Tyner monkey off their back, but the Tyner team that lost last friday wasn't the same caliber Ram of the 90s and early 2000s . Nonetheless the boys gutted out a hard fought game to survive and advance.

Its easy to see that you don't look at things from a big picture standpoint, thats fine. With that said Ill think we'll get the warriors GO CATS!

Ok I have been slacking this year as far as posts, but you know what I thought I would post my thoughts on this one. First of all I do not get to attend this one, and I am highly upset,but anywho lets see. All I ever here from the "speed oriented" or "pass oriented" teams is "oh Polk is a power team they can't keep up with our speed" or "our receivers our two good for them." Want examples posts from this year and last year's South Pitt games (both of which we one fairly easily) , or last years McMinn Central game (we beat them 48-12). Fact of the matter is we play with heart, and determination, and when you have those things and some of the best coaching in the state you can beat these finesse teams with a power team. Am I worried CAK will beat us? Sure I am. Am I worried they will kill us? Not at all. To all of you CAK/Alcoa fans that I have seen on here I would take Polk over you two any day, and I would because we play well against teams that rely on speed or finesse. There are very few teams that does what Polk does, and when Polk faces a team that plays similar football to them they struggle. Honestly, I am more scared of Loudon than I am CAK or Alcoa. It is not that Loudon is better it is that they play our kind of football. Which is something we struggle with. You best believe Coach Derrick will have CAK pretty much nailed down by Friday, and if Polk executes his game plans Polk will be headed back to Benton with a victory.

Also, to all the people posting about our scrimmages earlier. Polk has for as long as I remembered played poorly in pre-season scrimmages. I can't peg it right as to why, but example last year and this year we scrimmaged South Pitt. In the pre-season scrimmages we got killed, but I do believe they had their Pirate rule reversed on them this year in the regular season. Also, last year we had a 27-0 first half lead, and won 36-28. What I am trying to say is pre-season really doesn't factor into this match up AT ALL. Honestly, the regular season doesn't matter much. Friday night is going to come down to who wants it more, and honestly CAK better factor in them turnovers cause Polk likes to feast, and Mr. Hargrove will come up big all night in the backfield. Our offense is no push over either, and trust me when I say this, your defense will look like Middle school kids by the end of the night.

Lastly, Whoever posted the picture of Coach D being carried off the field, and gave the Polk kids crap for it, I feel sorry for whichever team you pull for. I feel this way because your kids must not feel much passion for the game. They must be a bunch of selfish athletes that luckily enough had a good coach, and a big city to pull kids from. We do not enjoy that luxury, but we enjoy the luxury of family. Polk football players, coaches, and fans are like one big family. Honestly, I know every player personally, as does most of the town, and excuse us for carrying our coach off the field. In a town where we actually care about our team, and our players actually see our coach as a father figure I guess that's what you see. Sorry we aren't some city school with a bunch of preppy private school kids who play for themselves and nothing else.

No that I let that out,

Polk-35

CAK-28

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

What a JOKE!

I can't belive that you are calling out our offensive line! I am curious, have you seen us play this year? I'm not talking about on film or you-tube clips, I'm talking about in person? Mr. Hargrove very well be a GREAT football player but you can trust me on this, WE HAVE AN ANSWER FOR HIM! I have already shared your comments with one of our linemen this morning, his response was short and simple...."Good!"

And another thing, my perception of your post is that all private schools have preppy kids that only play for themselves and nothing else. Again, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE SAYING THIS!

I WAS very pleased with the direction this thread was headed, but now I am disappointed. I am curious about the other Polk County supporters, do you feel the same way?

I went to polk and played for davis but I don't see them beating CAK. You only get better by playing teams that are better than you and out of the 11 games polk has play maybe 3 teams were as good or better than they are. Beating up central, tellico, meigs, walker valley etc doesn't prepare you for teams like alcoa, cak, loudon etc. Polk (even when I played) is notorious for being 1 or 2 and done. Their schedule doesn't prepare them to play the harder teams in my opinion. Power football works in there area/district but when you branch out to the playoffs it takes more than pride to win. We have all seen what has happened to alabama this year, they have 2 of the best backs in the country but the sec teams have figured out how to stop them. I see pretty much the same thing happening to polk tomorrow night.

What a JOKE!

I can't belive that you are calling out our offensive line! I am curious, have you seen us play this year? I'm not talking about on film or you-tube clips, I'm talking about in person? Mr. Hargrove very well be a GREAT football player but you can trust me on this, WE HAVE AN ANSWER FOR HIM! I have already shared your comments with one of our linemen this morning, his response was short and simple...."Good!"

And another thing, my perception of your post is that all private schools have preppy kids that only play for themselves and nothing else. Again, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE SAYING THIS!

I WAS very pleased with the direction this thread was headed, but now I am disappointed. I am curious about the other Polk County supporters, do you feel the same way?

PLEASE PAY NO ATTENTION TO THIS 20 YEAR OLD NEVER WAS(SRGTTWEETYFORT) :angry:

Edited by fallguy

I will say this knowing it will ruffle feathers. There is no way Polk can match up with Alcoa. You think they are just speed, no they are powerful and very powerful. Trust me, they have different gears and when they need the next gear they shift.

Good luck once again to Polk County. I for one will be pulling for you as you represent district 5.

No that I let that out,

Polk-35

CAK-28

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Edited by logcabinman

My thing is that I am not sure Polk has had any real competition this year. I am not saying that Polk cannot beat CAK, although I think it will be a tough matchup for them. I will say that they would not be able to beat Alcoa. It seems that some on here think that CAK is just a speedy passing team, which is true, but they also have some big tough linemen and are strong on the defensive front. I have said that I think Polk will score, but not consistantly. CAK I feel will score consistantly, not that Polk will not give all they have because you are right the Polk County boys leave it all on the field. The tradition there is great and my hats off to this team. South Pitt were fast kids, but not consistanlty big across the board, i.e. no power game which played into Polk favor. Bradly game was a first of the year game and I promise CAK offense will be better than Bradly.

I will probably ruffle som feathers with this comment, but there is no way Polk can hang with Alcoa. They are fast and strong. They have a different gear to shift into whenever needed. I for one am pulling for Polk as they represent district 5.

No that I let that out,

Polk-35

CAK-28

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

alcoa.jpg

Someone hasn't been watching film.........

Interesting thread.

As an Alcoa alum and fan I of course pull for CAK. However, I wish Polk would get their shot at Alcoa, just so they can have a meeting with reality. As some fans here clearly have a skewed perception of reality. CAK has seen a smash mouth run team in Alcoa, and I can assure you Alcoa runs the ball better than Polk can imagine. CAK will be ready.

Polk won't get that chance though, as CAK will win by 2 touchdowns if not more.

Good luck CAK!