Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

I WAS very pleased with the direction this thread was headed, but now I am disappointed. I am curious about the other Polk County supporters, do you feel the same way?

Simple answer,,NO!

Most of us understand that this game could go very bad, very quickly. And most of us understand that Alcoa is a different animal (and so are their fans) Y'all get way too much enjoyment out of copying and pasting silly little pictures....The "Pain and Agony" one was good, Charlie laughed!

I myself am looking forward to a great atmosphere against a new opponent, and if Polk is lucky enought to pull out a win, I will be looking forward to the 3rd round too, even if it ends in a butt kicking!

And for other comments, just because Polk hasn't faced a passing attack like CAK's doesn't mean won't be able to defend against it. If Polk can run the ball consistently, it will be a close game, if not it may get out of hand.

It's a shame that some of you of CAK and Alcoa supporters are letting a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. I can assure you that what some of Polk's posters are saying does NOT represent the majority. I hope you give Polk's program a chance before you judge them on what a 20-year old kid, SgtEagleFort, who did not even play football in high school (and apparently has never seen a football game period) says.

Simple answer,,NO!

Most of us understand that this game could go very bad, very quickly. And most of us understand that Alcoa is a different animal (and so are their fans) Y'all get way too much enjoyment out of copying and pasting silly little pictures....The "Pain and Agony" one was good, Charlie laughed!

I myself am looking forward to a great atmosphere against a new opponent, and if Polk is lucky enought to pull out a win, I will be looking forward to the 3rd round too, even if it ends in a butt kicking!

And for other comments, just because Polk hasn't faced a passing attack like CAK's doesn't mean won't be able to defend against it. If Polk can run the ball consistently, it will be a close game, if not it may get out of hand.

Well said Charlie!

It's a shame that some of you of CAK and Alcoa supporters are letting a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. I can assure you that what some of Polk's posters are saying does NOT represent the majority. I hope you give Polk's program a chance before you judge them on what a 20-year old kid, SgtEagleFort, who did not even play football in high school (and apparently has never seen a football game period) says.

First of all I played ball for 10 years, and secondly I haven't missed a Polk game I could attend this year mind it except the Alcoa McMinn Central game or the South Pitt Signal Game. I also only missed one game last year, and it happened to be our first loss. SO, I do happen to know a bit about this Polk team, and to all the posters that said I havent seen Alcoa play wrong. I have seen them play several times. Mind it this year I witnessed a beat down, but nevertheless we beat down the same team. I honestly am not worried about Alcoa right now, CAK is the team to worry about right now. I wonder however, why there are so dang many Alcoa posters this week in our thread. Ummmm if I recall they play a team that could very well beat them this week maybe they should jump on over to the appropriate thread. Sorry about my confidence, and sorry I am only 20 you old men need to get over yourselves. Its a shame that even the Polk fans do not back me up 90% of the time, but what is funny that like you guys, I have called 95% of Polk's games right the last few years. Mind it if we advance my posts may be a little bit more... humble next week, but I honestly think we can take a team that lost to Alcoa by 17 points any day of the week. Alcoa is maybe a touchdown better than us. I, however see them as our equal in ability, but that is just me.

And to the guy that is posting the picture of pain, and agony. Please show me CAK's smash mouth players. I will get to how we can beat Alcoa next week.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Edited by SgtEagleFort

First of all I played ball for 10 years, and secondly I haven't missed a Polk game I could attend this year mind it except the Alcoa McMinn Central game or the South Pitt Signal Game. I also only missed one game last year, and it happened to be our first loss. SO, I do happen to know a bit about this Polk team, and to all the posters that said I havent seen Alcoa play wrong. I have seen them play several times. Mind it this year I witnessed a beat down, but nevertheless we beat down the same team. I honestly am not worried about Alcoa right now, CAK is the team to worry about right now. I wonder however, why there are so dang many Alcoa posters this week in our thread. Ummmm if I recall they play a team that could very well beat them this week maybe they should jump on over to the appropriate thread. Sorry about my confidence, and sorry I am only 20 you old men need to get over yourselves. Its a shame that even the Polk fans do not back me up 90% of the time, but what is funny that like you guys, I have called 95% of Polk's games right the last few years. Mind it if we advance my posts may be a little bit more... humble next week, but I honestly think we can take a team that lost to Alcoa by 17 points any day of the week. Alcoa is maybe a touchdown better than us. I, however see them as our equal in ability, but that is just me.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Its never wise to drink hard liquor before noon eagle

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Maybe...LaughingSmiley.gif...

don't worry Polk Fans the Eagle flew the coop!

Good luck to both teams.

Go Warriors!

Gotta love HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, especially when you've got a kid on the field or one that you feel is like your own!! The thrills of victories, agonies of defeat, the smell of grilling hamburgers, the drumline of the band, the whistles, the chill in the air, etc....

I'm from a small country town and have experienced the farm life most of my adolescent years. I understand the "us against the world" and "community pride" mentality and appreciate it. I can hear in my mind what the town folks and coaches are telling the Polk players for motivational purposes, I've sat in those small town locker rooms as a player. But since I've had the priviledge of experiencing that AND the city life along with both public and private school education I can confidently say that a few of the Polk posters are misguided in their perception of CAK. While there are some players that may have been born with a silver spoon on CAK's squad, thats certainly not true for many of them. While we also have a few players that can get a little unruly at times, just like every other team, I believe you will find our kids to be above average in sportsmanship. And I can also tell you that while we do run a finesse style of offense, this team has some players that will pop your chin strap. They completely understand that this is not touch or flag football.

Both schools should be well represented. I'll be sitting on the "preppy" side with all my Mercedes driving rich friends, but I"ll come across the way and talk some backhome slang Jerry Clower style with ya :D Hope everyone has a safe trip and finds the experience on our small and quaint campus pleasant :thumb:

SgtEagleFort....Colonel Mustard called...He said get a Clue.

Honestley how can you say the things you do with such conviction and it be so insane. Do you honestly believe that Polk is Alcoa's equal in ability? If so you really need to watch some more of their games on ihigh. They are a beast and CAK hung with them. That tells me all I need to know about the Warriors.

As far as Polk fans supporting what you say, I'll give you my reasons for not as I can only speak for myself. First I love my alma mater, Coach Davis, and the football program he re-built. However, I reside in a place called reality and personally do not think we are the best team in 3A. I believe we can compete against most teams, but Alcoa and CAK are on a different rung of the ladder than us. Friday night will be our first test against the elite of our own division and I hope we play well and win the game, but they could also torch us if we are not careful.

Ok I have been slacking this year as far as posts, but you know what I thought I would post my thoughts on this one. First of all I do not get to attend this one, and I am highly upset,but anywho lets see. All I ever here from the "speed oriented" or "pass oriented" teams is "oh Polk is a power team they can't keep up with our speed" or "our receivers our two good for them." Want examples posts from this year and last year's South Pitt games (both of which we one fairly easily) , or last years McMinn Central game (we beat them 48-12). Fact of the matter is we play with heart, and determination, and when you have those things and some of the best coaching in the state you can beat these finesse teams with a power team. Am I worried CAK will beat us? Sure I am. Am I worried they will kill us? Not at all. To all of you CAK/Alcoa fans that I have seen on here I would take Polk over you two any day, and I would because we play well against teams that rely on speed or finesse. There are very few teams that does what Polk does, and when Polk faces a team that plays similar football to them they struggle. Honestly, I am more scared of Loudon than I am CAK or Alcoa. It is not that Loudon is better it is that they play our kind of football. Which is something we struggle with. You best believe Coach Derrick will have CAK pretty much nailed down by Friday, and if Polk executes his game plans Polk will be headed back to Benton with a victory.

Also, to all the people posting about our scrimmages earlier. Polk has for as long as I remembered played poorly in pre-season scrimmages. I can't peg it right as to why, but example last year and this year we scrimmaged South Pitt. In the pre-season scrimmages we got killed, but I do believe they had their Pirate rule reversed on them this year in the regular season. Also, last year we had a 27-0 first half lead, and won 36-28. What I am trying to say is pre-season really doesn't factor into this match up AT ALL. Honestly, the regular season doesn't matter much. Friday night is going to come down to who wants it more, and honestly CAK better factor in them turnovers cause Polk likes to feast, and Mr. Hargrove will come up big all night in the backfield. Our offense is no push over either, and trust me when I say this, your defense will look like Middle school kids by the end of the night.

Lastly, Whoever posted the picture of Coach D being carried off the field, and gave the Polk kids crap for it, I feel sorry for whichever team you pull for. I feel this way because your kids must not feel much passion for the game. They must be a bunch of selfish athletes that luckily enough had a good coach, and a big city to pull kids from. We do not enjoy that luxury, but we enjoy the luxury of family. Polk football players, coaches, and fans are like one big family. Honestly, I know every player personally, as does most of the town, and excuse us for carrying our coach off the field. In a town where we actually care about our team, and our players actually see our coach as a father figure I guess that's what you see. Sorry we aren't some city school with a bunch of preppy private school kids who play for themselves and nothing else.

No that I let that out,

Polk-35

CAK-28

Only a touchdown decides this one.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Please ignore this quitter. He tried to play football for a couple years at Polk Co. but was not tough enough to hang with it. He always went on vacation when the hitting started in the fall and would miss Tuesday and Wednesday practices during the season because those were the two rough days during the week. The Eagle needs to land at Sherwin Williams, I think his dad needs some more paint and he can pick up a pack of Marlboro's for himself while he is out. Believe me the Polk players and coaches respect CAK and know that this is going to be a tough and hard fought game. Most Polk fans are respectful, you will see this Friday night. This guy is an idiot and just stirring the pot.