Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

We dominated the game with 480 plus yds of offense and Sensabaugh and Swafford looked awesome. Had the ball over 38 minutes total. Bearden ahd 260 plus yds. We were lined up to kick the game winner from 34 and had a bad snap in regulation. We just came up short in ot. Congratulations to Bearden, now go win the state. I'm proud of our kids and don't have any excuses, we played our hearts out and i'm so proud of that. Wow, we looked great tonight. Devrin had 5 tds, one was on a kickoff return, but other than that we played him pretty dang good. Way to go tribe for another 10 plus win season and well be back next year for more excitiment. It's still great to be a Dobyns-Bennett Indians and Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

All those stats don't mean squat, its just another early exit for D-B, AGAIN !!

All those stats don't mean squat, its just another early exit for D-B, AGAIN !!

OK OK OK. We all get it. well except maybe for db91. DB cant win in the playoffs. We can bet up on these weak 5a teams up here and beat a few desent 6a teams here and there but we can't win anything when it really matters. We get it. It took us awhile but we get it. The funny thing is to me is most of these Idiot haters are fans of teams that can't win anything either. I guess that maybe though they have know for years that they can't win anything and its took us 20 years to figure it out. Well we know now that we can't get it done. So go ahead and put us in the same basket with all the other losers. Missery loves company.

I didn't really say to give up. Im sure the next DB team will give it another shot. I just don't see how a few of our fans were talking it up considering our history. Its a hard one to figure out. We have had a team capable of winning it all three times in the past ten years and we haven't even made it to "the" game yet. Last night when both teams were scoring back and forth I was wondering what was going to happen to lose us the game. I knew we wouldn't get the field goal at the end but the thought never entered my mind that we wouldn't even get it off. How strange is that. We were toast after that because we were not going to stop Devrin Young from 10 yrds. out. Their really rubbing it in our face on the other threads, and rightly so. I just hope that next year we as fans put things in perspective and never mention that we might have a good enough team to win a playoff game.

Jack, I do realize that you and Batman were the only two who were warning of overconfidence from week 0 on. Even though I am not an Indian, I am learning to be a bit more reserved. I guess if I had to relive like circumstances as in Greeneville 2008 then I too would hang my head in disbelief. I shouldn't have worded it that you have given up because I know that will never happen.

Jack, I do realize that you and Batman were the only two who were warning of overconfidence from week 0 on. Even though I am not an Indian, I am learning to be a bit more reserved. I guess if I had to relive like circumstances as in Greeneville 2008 then I too would hang my head in disbelief. I shouldn't have worded it that you have given up because I know that will never happen.

But Comp, you do relive the "Greeneville circumstances"....every year. I bet you drag out the game tape in July just to psyche yourself up. How will you go on without Greeneville on the South schedule? All that Greeneville corruption conspiracy crap and how it contributed to hinky officiating in a play-off game in 2008. I bet you could be of great help to the DB fans in rationalizing the "TD that wasn't" from this game. Maybe...."Maryville paid the officials to swing this one so they wouldn't have to drive all the way to Kingsport".

But Comp, you do relive the "Greeneville circumstances"....every year. I bet you drag out the game tape in July just to psyche yourself up. How will you go on without Greeneville on the South schedule? All that Greeneville corruption conspiracy crap and how it contributed to hinky officiating in a play-off game in 2008. I bet you could be of great help to the DB fans in rationalizing the "TD that wasn't" from this game. Maybe...."Maryville paid the officials to swing this one so they wouldn't have to drive all the way to Kingsport".

Barb,I guess it's just been to long since your kids played their final game.Right now is a time of hurt for any high school senior that doesn't have the chance to win it all.Greeneville is lucky to be a big dog in a kennel full of blind Shetlands.You have fools that either were nerds or never played for the Devils,had a kid that went to Greeneville,or even went to Greeneville themselves on coacht.This is however the part that makes me sick.Some of those have even worn colors against the Devils this year and now are life time fans!! Whatever their deal and however it makes me sick doesn't matter from this point on,because I'm pulling for the Devils to bring it back to east Tennessee. Nothing is a sure bet and one more fight with the right players could cost my Alma mater another state title.

Actually Barb, there have been countless people who testify that he was in bounds. And even a couple of Bearden people. The heartbreaker is that DB has endured this situation a few times. I feel for them. You, on the other hand, believing that all is just and good in paradise are in denial. Games are rigged, refs are swayed and if you don't believe it then you are not the mind I believed you were. The Indian faithful have not once complained about bad officiation in this game. Except for that one ominous call. That's OK, you stay in Greeneville and enjoy your day in the sun. I am proud for you. But what goes around comes around.