Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

i agree with tricklician - H.C.plays a watered down schedule that hurts them come play off time -

step out of your comfort zone H.C. do a home and home versus a WILCO, Sumner or Rutherford county team..

I have no doubts that HHS walked away with this win b/c of the quality of teams within its region, for ther most part each team is equal and could win..

But with the jacked off playoff format why would a coach want to schedule non-region tough games? Example INDY had Oakland and MBA they could have played 2 cupcake teams

If you look at Henry County's schedule/record over the past four or five years they have looked great, almost unbeatable, during the regular season. But come playoff time they always get stopped by a team from the greater Nashville area.

If you look at Henry County's schedule/record over the past four or five years they have looked great, almost unbeatable, during the regular season. But come playoff time they always get stopped by a team from the greater Nashville area.

The Henry County fans know this as well! Henry County is a good team playing in the weakest district in the state! I'm not bashing anyone but as you posted HC needs to beef up the non district schedule some! The weak opponents kill HC in the playoffs ever year! Good luck to you guys the rest of the playoffs!

All of this talk about scheduling tougher non-district opponents is great. However, when you play 8 district games, and your only options for a non-district schedule are the first two games of the season it presents some problems. 1) Not many teams are available to play in JUST week one or two. Some probably are, but many probably have nearby non-district rivals scheduled early. 2) Not sure that will help in the playoffs being played 8 weeks before. One of those two games was Liberty, which was a loss. The other was a decent Humboldt team who should never beat HC. HC fans enjoy playing Liberty because recently it has been a tough game and a pretty big gate for both. That leaves one week to schedule a "tough" non-district opponent. One could argue to schedule it for the bye week, but in my opinion, the bye week is more important at that point of the season than playing a Gallatin, Hendersonville, etc.

Edited by snowplow2010

The Henry County fans know this as well! Henry County is a good team playing in the weakest district in the state! I'm not bashing anyone but as you posted HC needs to beef up the non district schedule some! The weak opponents kill HC in the playoffs ever year! Good luck to you guys the rest of the playoffs!

There is some truth in the difficulty of schedule argument.However we have no control over the 8 district foes. The two other dates are our only opportunity to strengthen our schedule. That is easier said than done.Our geographical isolation makes it difficult to find matches. The nearest 5A or 6A school is

Jackson North Side;after that it is 140 miles to Memphis, at least 110 miles to the Sumner, Davidson, Williamson and Wilson County schools.Although those travel distances are common for us few are interested in making the trip here. I know for a fact that we have tried in the past to upgrade. I also know for a fact that efforts are being made this year, so far unsuccessfully.GO BIG RED

Seems like one of HC's "weak opponents" (Northeast) is playing next week...

To the Henry County fans wanting to take on a tougher schedule in the coming years, YOU ARE NOT READY.

Your facilities and town are not equipped to handle visiting schools from the larger "greater Nashville" area.

Hendersonville's welcome to your school yesterday was definitely less than hospitable. The "Red Swarm" surrounded our kids' fan bus, chanting, and prevented them from disembarking. After that, one of your fine law officers threatened to arrest several of our kids and "keep them until Monday" for simply trying to organize their equipment in the parking lot.

Your visitors' stands are arguably the most dangerous in the entire state. It is unbelievable that your county school system's insurance carrier allows such an unchecked liability to exist. We were told over and over last week during the build-up to last night's game that those visitor's bleachers had not been full all season. That is probably a good thing. With the kind of crowds that you would see coming in from bigger, tougher schools, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured by falling through that death trap you call bleachers.

And finally, the message that your fans send by drunkenly berating your own coaches' and threatening school administrators as they exit the field isn't exactly one of sportsmanship or civility. Having a Jumbotron and deafening artificial noise makers does not automatically put you in the same class as others in the 5A District. You can talk the talk all day long, but when it comes to being ready to host the tougher teams, you need to be able to walk the walk too.

To the Henry County fans wanting to take on a tougher schedule in the coming years, YOU ARE NOT READY.

Your facilities and town are not equipped to handle visiting schools from the larger "greater Nashville" area.

Hendersonville's welcome to your school yesterday was definitely less than hospitable. The "Red Swarm" surrounded our kids' fan bus, chanting, and prevented them from disembarking. After that, one of your fine law officers threatened to arrest several of our kids and "keep them until Monday" for simply trying to organize their equipment in the parking lot.

Your visitors' stands are arguably the most dangerous in the entire state. It is unbelievable that your county school system's insurance carrier allows such an unchecked liability to exist. We were told over and over last week during the build-up to last night's game that those visitor's bleachers had not been full all season. That is probably a good thing. With the kind of crowds that you would see coming in from bigger, tougher schools, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured by falling through that death trap you call bleachers.

And finally, the message that your fans send by drunkenly berating your own coaches' and threatening school administrators as they exit the field isn't exactly one of sportsmanship or civility. Having a Jumbotron and deafening artificial noise makers does not automatically put you in the same class as others in the 5A District. You can talk the talk all day long, but when it comes to being ready to host the tougher teams, you need to be able to walk the walk too.

Wow. No response necessary, this is stupid.

everything stated in that post is true.. just ask any student or administrator from HHS. What I saw from Henry County county fans was total classlessness.. I know all of you aren't like that, but there's a good amount of yall that are.

There is no point in arguing this. They obviously see only what they want to see. I saw firsthand the things mentioned in my post and stand by them 100%. I also witnessed the rant aby the HCHS fan at the end of the game. I especially enjoyed the part where, when he had no valid argument, began to call the coach a racist. It reminded me a lot of snowplow's response that my statements were "stupid." So when HCHS has no legitimate point, their strategy is to call names. Nice.