Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

:roflol: Boy you really told me. Well if their not chokers then the overrated every year. HC has had several teams the last 20 years that have been ranked in the top 10. They have even had teams that were ranked #1 just like DB. Also I think there is some valid points on making a better schedule. If some of you believe playing a tough schedule doesn't help you later on. Then you have never played ANY SPORTS. Playing better competition help your team and helps you to identify what you have to work on to get better.

If what you say is true...have Dobyns-Bennett give HC a call....I'm sure both teams could use the competition!...sounds like a home and home to me!

It's not stupid.. it's the cold hard truth. Worst bleachers I've encountered all season.

Obviously, you haven't done much travelling in our part of the state. Dickson County has a great stadium and spacious concrete visitors' stands; the remaining schools in 10AAA have open bottomed stands that aren't as large as ours. Over in West Tennessee, Milan, McKenzie,Huntingdon have large visitors' seating but most have open bottoms. Jackson Northside has tiny open seating.Before supporting wild ,sweeping statements such as were made by Volfan you might do a little research. Our school systems and athletic departments aren't nearly as well monied as those of your Nashville bedroom communities but we are proud of what we have.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Truthfully, this year I would say we benefitted from how the playoffs were set up and how teams that should have won got upset. I disagree with you too. Gallatin was better the first game and not the second game. I also would be saying that Gallatin is a tough matchup because of the ability to throw this year. Also would be saying that the defense has improved alot because that would have had to have been the case for them to get that far. I do agree that I thought Beech was the better team until Neal went down then they became one dimensional.

I think Hendersonville wins this week and gets a shot to go to the championship. But I still think they are not as impressive as some of the other Commando teams that I have seen that didn't get this far. Thats not a knock just an opinion.

I am an Hville fan and would agree with most of this. Gallatin made the plays in the 1st game and deserved to win. Hville made some adjustments in the 2nd game and was the better team. Big difference in the 2nd game was at the line of scrimmage, Hville was much better. Having watched Hville for over 20 years I would agree this team is not as impressive as some others but I will say this, having a lot of seniors, being very good up front along with 2 excellent linebackers and a great coaching staff will carry you a long way. Hville will not blow you away with a dazzling offense but with HC stacking the box in 2nd half they lined and ran that buck sweep and the fullback and HC could not stop it. In my opinion HC did not choke. They were a very talented albeit young team with a lot of underclassmen starting. Hville just made 3 or 4 more plays than HC did. 2 stops inside the 10 and the kickoff return were the difference. I could see Gallatin and HC meeting in this game next year with all of their returning players.

I am an Hville fan and would agree with most of this. Gallatin made the plays in the 1st game and deserved to win. Hville made some adjustments in the 2nd game and was the better team. Big difference in the 2nd game was at the line of scrimmage, Hville was much better. Having watched Hville for over 20 years I would agree this team is not as impressive as some others but I will say this, having a lot of seniors, being very good up front along with 2 excellent linebackers and a great coaching staff will carry you a long way. Hville will not blow you away with a dazzling offense but with HC stacking the box in 2nd half they lined and ran that buck sweep and the fullback and HC could not stop it. In my opinion HC did not choke. They were a very talented albeit young team with a lot of underclassmen starting. Hville just made 3 or 4 more plays than HC did. 2 stops inside the 10 and the kickoff return were the difference. I could see Gallatin and HC meeting in this game next year with all of their returning players.

Nice assessment, Mondo. Pretty much how I saw it. Although I'll be cheering for our district mate, Northeast, I don't give them much of a chance. Hendersonville is just too powerful defensively.Good luck in the semifinals.I think you are capable of beating either Ridgeway or Jackson Northside.

GO BIG RED

:roflol: Boy you really told me. Well if their not chokers then their overrated every year. HC has had several teams the last 20 years that have been ranked in the top 10. They have even had teams that were ranked #1 just like DB. Also I think there is some valid points on making a better schedule. If some of you believe playing a tough schedule doesn't help you later on. Then you have never played ANY SPORTS. Playing better competition help your team and helps you to identify what you have to work on to get better.

I have played...and I have likely coached longer than you have been alive from the sound of your post. I can find out what we have to work on without playing anyone because we have practice every day. Since you think you have all of the answers, please answer the following question that nobody can answer...How does playing a tough opponent in August or early September help you win a playoff game in November? We are locked into a weak district and our two open dates are early.

Edited by Red Warrior

I have played...and I have likely coached longer than you have been alive from the sound of your post. I can find out what we have to work on without playing anyone because we have practice every day. Since you think you have all of the answers, please answer the following question that nobody can answer...How does playing a tough opponent in August or early September help you win a playoff game in November? We are locked into a weak district and our two open dates are early.

Yep you coached peewee football for 20 years. I told you contact the following coaches whom they are on record as saying they want tough non district games to get them ready for the playoffs blackman shadownes;ensworth bowers,brentwood Crawford,ex indy coach smith.....call them ,ask them how many gold balls they have.

Yep you coached peewee football for 20 years. I told you contact the following coaches whom they are on record as saying they want tough non district games to get them ready for the playoffs blackman shadownes;ensworth bowers,brentwood Crawford,ex indy coach smith.....call them ,ask them how many gold balls they have.

They don't have any more than I do if you combine them all. Those coaches all play in tougher districts than we do. PLEASE stop running your mouth about this issue and ANSWER THIS QUESTION...How does playing a tough opponent in August and another one in early September help you win a playoff game in November? If you don't know the answer then ask those guys that you think would know (Bowers,Crawford,Shadownes,and Smith). I will repeat this so maybe you can finally comprehend...We are in a weak district and our two slots for non-district opponents are in August and early September. Paris is in the middle of nowhere. People aren't thrilled about making this trip when they can usually find teams to play much closer without the expense of a long trip. It's tough to find any game so we take what we can get. But in the end, no matter who we play, it will have no bearing on what we do in November.

Hey if your stuck in your ways that's fine. Your going to keep on getting the same old results. So keep on doing what Henry County is doing and the results will probably be the same. As for all the answers well you heard what I had to say AND you just blew it off. Sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Just to let you know.... I was all county and region when I played. That's been several years ago...

Obviously, you haven't done much travelling in our part of the state. Dickson County has a great stadium and spacious concrete visitors' stands; the remaining schools in 10AAA have open bottomed stands that aren't as large as ours. Over in West Tennessee, Milan, McKenzie,Huntingdon have large visitors' seating but most have open bottoms. Jackson Northside has tiny open seating.Before supporting wild ,sweeping statements such as were made by Volfan you might do a little research. Our school systems and athletic departments aren't nearly as well monied as those of your Nashville bedroom communities but we are proud of what we have.

GO BIG RED

A lot of schools have "open bottoms" on their bleachers. It is not so much that they had open bottoms, it is that there was just one walking plank to those open bottoms. I have NEVER seen that. Those bleachers are entirely too high to have only one walking plank. Station Camp High School has large metal bleachers for their visitor's section too, but I don't remember feeling as though I could plunge to my death at any minute while sitting on them. Your bleachers are not normal "open bottoms". Someone IS going to be hurt on those bleachers...it is only a matter of time.