signal mountain at the creek bank

snoball5278

ya like i say, i've seen alot of hartsville football, an you wanna talk about class. i've seen hartsville fans surrounding the opposing team as they walk from the field to the locker room, while the fans cursing, tauntin, and spittin on the boys. were talkin a team that got beat by hartsville but yet get treated that way. you still wanna talk about class? an you know i'm speakin the truth whether you admit it or not.

Are you talking about the Friendship game last year? I will say that what happened at that game was not classy at all. It was embarrassing for TC. There are bad apples everywhere but we have never disrespected another teams field that I know of. I heard that the coach for Signal called a timeout at South Pitt with a few seconds left in the game...walked out to the middle of the field and taunted the South Pitt fans. Any truth to that?

what are you talkin about? thought you said i"s lyin? an know i'm from watertown, just went to the game sherlock

you fibbing about the spit and jail and all that mess. i was stating that "you sound like you are from friendship" the way you are wailing about that incident from last year. i won't clarify again. thumb[1].gif

Edited by snoball5278

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rife with hyperbole^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

amen to that smeagleproud. but no T.C. has always been classless and will always be classless, they started their trashy ways back in the old days with their smith county brawl.they think its cool. thats why every great athlete they've ever spit out of T.C. wind up gettin kicked off college team, with the exception of maybe two. satterfields boy and dillahey

Edited by woodwalker

I never heard any rumor about sticking a flad in TC's field and do not believe it was ever contemplated or even thought of by any SM flagbearer. They've never done it. They have (had) no beef with TC. That rumor, if it existed, was most likely a product of somebody other than SM folk. Besides, this kid that was wearing the mascot is just about the nicest, most polite kid you could imagine. He wouldn't think of and certainly wouldn't do anything distateful like plant a flag of victory in somebody else's field like has been imagined by somebody.

What happened after a well-fought game was ridiculous, classless, and sickening. The SM Eagle mascot was running along with a large crowd of students, parents, teachers, and others who are used to going out on the field after a game, circling the team, and listening to the coach's comments before greeting the players personally. Just like had happened all night and happens in every college game and most high school games, he was carrying a flag. Before he and the others made it very far, he was clobbered, tackled, deheaded and the mascot head was being kicked across the field. The flag was destroyed. The boy was hurt. The brand new $2,000 maskot head was damaged. And a school administrator who was trying to stop the mayhem was intentionally kicked/cleated in his calf and injured. Players and adults were motioning for the group to "come on" as in "let's fight!" It was bad.

The players were forced to go their separate ways. No after-game handslaps. It was a shame. Compared to the extraordinary experience had by all after the South Pittsburg game, this episode is one for the history books too, but for what not should ever ever happen as compared to "the best sporting event ever witnessed" as many SM and SP folks said after that experience. For this high school sport fan, I'd have to say tonight's post-game showing was the worst example of bad sportsmanship I have ever seen. It was obvious TC or at least the TC folk on the field just did not want and would not allow ANY celebration by SM on the field.

What a disgrace after such a hard-fought and good (despite the officiating) game. For all the respect had for TC and for the creekbank, tonight was a sore disappointment. I hope they regroup, correct the problems, and come back and earn respect next year.

From what I saw the bold statement is just not true. I am sorry the young man was injured but the "crowd" was running towards the end zone and the mascot was headed towards the 50 yard line. THE STANDS ARE MADE FOR SPECTATORS! The field is for the players who play this game I love so much. Bottom line is like one of the SP faithful said if you knew how to act in this situation things would not happen. :thumb:

Well, this was one game that will be talked about for a long time. Great job to both teams. I had always heard about TC's running game, now I know for sure. I was glad our defense played the run better, and also had chances to really stop some drives. Congrats to our kids and good luck next week. I hope we will eventually work our stadium up to the atmosphere that was there tonight, not to say ours is bad. Great crowd, great game. Hate that the activity after the game happened, but there is always a few like that.

Go Eagles!

amen to that smeagleproud. but no T.C. has always been classless and will always be classless, they started their trashy ways back in the old days with their smith county brawl.they think its cool. thats why every great athlete they've ever spit out of T.C. wind up gettin kicked off college team, with the exception of maybe two. satterfields boy and dillahey

Why are you so soft?

Be patient snoball. As Alan says, from the movie Hangover, "he's a ratard."

no my friend i was right there when it happened about 5 ft from it. the guy that spit then was at the sig game, harrassin their players, no spit tonight however, so since u weren't there you can keep tellin everybody mr john doe didn't spit, cause it really does show your stupidity an thats exactly what your showin. its funny really. i bleed watertown purple even if we do suck and i hate the comando's but spittin,h2o-town got more class than that.

no my friend i was right there when it happened about 5 ft from it. the guy that spit then was at the sig game, harrassin their players, no spit tonight however, so since u weren't there you can keep tellin everybody mr john doe didn't spit, cause it really does show your stupidity an thats exactly what your showin. its funny really. i bleed watertown purple even if we do suck and i hate the comando's but spittin,h2o-town got more class than that.

Lol you're from Watertown? I'd be mad too.