Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Bulldogs win!!!!!! Great game. Camden's run game got shut down by Milan's famous defense.

Bulldawgfan#2 asked the question a few weeks ago, "what if your run game gets shut down"?

Congrats on a great season Camden, don't forget to feed the monkey.

Camden's QB was injured at the beginning of the second quarter. That ended the passing. Camden's passing game was successful early but the run wasn't. That was expected. Milan had the first drive off of the turnover and the big pass play by #20. That play was the difference in the game. Coleman (#88 Milan) and Murphy (#75 Camden) are both STUDS on the defensive line. Unstoppable in the HS game. The officiating was pretty good except for the last possession by Milan. Game clock is not to be ran after an offensive penalty under 2:00 in football. That is why all the teams in pros and college don't commit them. IT STOPS THE CLOCK!!! It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but still, it would have gave Camden the ball back around the 40 with about 20 seconds unless Milan took a safety (which is what I would have done) All in all, great game. Both defenses played lights out. Offensively, Camden didn't stop the screen play to #20, which was the only thing that was really successful for Milan, and Milan held pretty strong. This isn't the typical offensive juggernaut I'm used to seeing from Milan. I thought the run on 4th and 5 was a terrible call by Coach Ward. Gotta put a little faith in your QB and let him sling it. Win or lose, I'm not gonna run it there. Congrats to a young but tough Milan team. Get some offense quickly so you can represent the West in Cookville. Great season for the Lions. Wish our QB didn't get hurt in the second. The game might have turned out a little differenty. That's how it goes. I had a great year talking smack with all of you guys. Good luck next week.

Edited by matt_8777

I wish Camden's QB would have stayed in the game. It was a great defensive ballgame

between two good teams. I don't think either team played well on offense. Trey Milan's

fumble on Camden's 20 yrd line with Milan leading 10-0 let Camden back in the game.

It was a classic just like I expected.

Camden is a class act all the way.

Great game obviously. I really thought Camden would win this one when they got down in the redzone late. I was having flashbacks to Huntingdon 03-05 but the defense came up huge again. The Mr. Football candidate was in the backfield all night. He's an excellent player. Milan had the chance to put it away in the 3rd but a Camden D back made a heck of a play to pull the ball loose. This may have been the best coaching job I have seen from Morris. He has absolutely got the Wing-T figured out, just hope it carries over to next week. The very young Milan linebacking group played excellent tonight. I was told that like Morris, Ward doesn't call all of the plays. The 4th and 4 call was a bad one. If he runs a sprint pass to the wide side one of the wingbacks would have been naked in the endzone. I'm glad they opted to run. Congrats to Camden on a great season. Great atmosphere tonight but someone needs to slip the PA a note asking him to cut down on the mic time. Gotta do it again next week.

I agree that the time keeping was awful at the end of the game but thats just how it goes. Camden should have given the ball to #75 on 4th and 4, lol. He done everything else right all night. Good game from both teams! 12-1 and a trip to the semis. Not bad for a young and rebuilding Milan team. Congrats to Camden on a great season!

Camden's QB was injured at the beginning of the second quarter. That ended the passing. Camden's passing game was successful early but the run wasn't. That was expected. Milan had the first drive off of the turnover and the big pass play by #20. That play was the difference in the game. Coleman (#88 Milan) and Murphy (#75 Camden) are both STUDS on the defensive line. Unstoppable in the HS game. The officiating was pretty good except for the last possession by Milan. Game clock is not to be ran after an offensive penalty under 2:00 in football. That is why all the teams in pros and college don't commit them. IT STOPS THE CLOCK!!! It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but still, it would have gave Camden the ball back around the 40 with about 20 seconds unless Milan took a safety (which is what I would have done) All in all, great game. Both defenses played lights out. Offensively, Camden didn't stop the screen play to #20, which was the only thing that was really successful for Milan, and Milan held pretty strong. This isn't the typical offensive juggernaut I'm used to seeing from Milan. I thought the run on 4th and 5 was a terrible call by Coach Ward. Gotta put a little faith in your QB and let him sling it. Win or lose, I'm not gonna run it there. Congrats to a young but tough Milan team. Get some offense quickly so you can represent the West in Cookville. Great season for the Lions. Wish our QB didn't get hurt in the second. The game might have turned out a little differenty. That's how it goes. I had a great year talking smack with all of you guys. Good luck next week.

That is not true. Although unpopular...that is NOT the rule in High School football.

Congratulations to a very good Milan team. Sure hate that Easley had the sholder injury. It actually happened when he was sacked way way back in Camdens territory in the firsy quarter. He threw no passes and was visabelly in pain the whole second quarter. As Milan we at Camden are very proud of our boys. The played one hech of a game. Both defenses stepped up and played their hearts out. Milan, work hard on pass defense and offense. We here at Camden expect a win next week. Goodpasture will be throwing. Go Bulldogs, represent West Tennessee as you always have. Play hard beat Goodpasture. Then don't go play for second place, Go to win.

Thats the best Camden team i've ever seen. #75 did just about everything he could do for Camden. I thought for sure when Camden got down there in 4 down territory they were going to punch it in. The fullback was getting 3-4 there on that last drive. Milan's D is young out there but they showed up. Kinda reminded me of the 04 Milan semifinal game with Huntingdon. I don't have a fingernail left on my hand after this one. Hopefully Goodpasture stays in the wing t and will make it easier for Milan to handle seeing that they have faced it from Crockett and Camden. However, I sure wish Milan would establish a running game. On the flip side, defense wins championships and IMO you put your best 11 on defense and whats left over you find a way to score however you can.

Congratulations to a very good Milan team. Sure hate that Easley had the sholder injury. It actually happened when he was sacked way way back in Camdens territory in the firsy quarter. He threw no passes and was visabelly in pain the whole second quarter. As Milan we at Camden are very proud of our boys. The played one hech of a game. Both defenses stepped up and played their hearts out. Milan, work hard on pass defense and offense. We here at Camden expect a win next week. Goodpasture will be throwing. Go Bulldogs, represent West Tennessee as you always have. Play hard beat Goodpasture. Then don't go play for second place, Go to win.

From what I understand, they run a wing T, and mostly run out of that formation.