CAK @ Alcoa

Govolsknox

exactly what i was going to say.

Anyway... I will now be posting as a former player. I'll never forget that game and the brothers that I played it with. Like someone said earlier, it was a war. We were one bad call (block in the back on #18 on a punt return down to the 5. ref came back and told one of our coaches that it was a clean block) and a one unfortunate drop away from winning 17-14. Both defenses played lights out. Credit several players on both sides for playing injured. #2 was playing with cracked ribs AND back spasms. I know a couple of the Alcoa backs were also playing injured. hats off to Alcoa for stepping up and getting it done like you always do. The ALcoa players are always some of the best in terms of sportsmen ship that we play, year in and year out. It was no different last night, until #16's apparently ridiculously cheap shot on #27. I was watching the ball and did not see it so I can't make a judgement. Anyway, go win state. I'll be disappointed if I dont see #1 and #4 play on Saturdays. If #4 played for a passing team, he'd be the number one WR prospect in the state. He catches everything.

CAK fought their guts out tonight, just didnt quite get it done. Congradulations to my fellow Warriors on an incredible season :thumb:

Dont throw stones if you didnt see what happened.

Once again it appears that the State Championship game was played in November...

CAK is a great team and plays with much heart, You guys need to open a branch school in West TN so we can play for the Gold Ball.

Thanks RT. Opening a branch school may be what we have to do in order to schedule games in the future. This upcoming 2 year schedule has been murder trying to get it filled. You posted awhile back that after all is said and done the friendships and memories are whats important. Very true. I'm sure our CAK players and families will feel that way soon enough, but right now its still stinging pretty bad. Alcoa is a great team and I just don't see anyone, particularly in 3A, capable of beating them. They also play hard and with much hard, if they hadn't, we would have stole their crown lastnight. Good luck to your team in the future as well :thumb:

I feel drained and still somewhat emotional about it all right now so I'll not say too much until I watch the film, sleep on it, and post with a clearer head tomorrow.

1)Congratualtions to Alcoa. You did what you had to do to win. You put a great deal of pressure on our QB and held CAK to one of its lowest scores in the 10 years of our program. I believe Alcoa shut us out in 2006, but we have to go all the way back to 2002 to find another game where we were held to just 3 pts. We let some scoring opportunities slip through our fingers, we've just got to find a way to carpe diem (seize the moment).

2)Congratulations to CAK. Boy, you are my WARRIORS! Very proud of all you guys. Can't say enough, especially about how the defense buckled down tonight and stepped up big. You left every ounce out there on the field and thats all I or anyone should ever ask. Proud of you. You looked Alcoa right in the eye and played them toe to toe. Those Tornadoes know they were in a game tonight against a pretty darn good and scrappy team. With the exception of 3 games with Maryville ( which they only scored 13,14 & 14), Alcoa hasn't been held to just 14 points by another school since 2003.

3)The gap narrowed again tonight, just not enough for CAK to win, but certainly enough to earn more respect in the football community. Take notice: CAK is more than just a finesse team.

Hope Alcoa takes it all again this year. Go rep the region like you always do. :thumb:

FIXED

Congrats to CAK on another great game & season. CAK has had the 2nd best team in the state in our classification the last 3 out of 5 years. IMO... Their coaching staff has done a really nice job. :thumb:

Now for my Tornadoes... Coaching was the difference for us tonight. I will give CAK a lot of credit BUT we didn't play our best game OR coach our best game. CAK had something to do with that. However the kickoff to start the game was a terrible call. It dictated the whole 1st quarter. The 3 down lineman instead of 4 was killing me. The return game was a non factor and we were not even putting pressure on their punter. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. If CAK would have had a fake punt called on the couple of punts they would have gotten it. That could get us beat if were not careful. I was so mad at not even trying to return a punt. It was like we were going through the motions. Play calling was really bad IMO... I usually don't criticize the coaches but this was not one of their shining moments.

I also hope #27 is ok. He took a big shot to the chest.

First, thanks for your kind words. Our boys are trying their best to reach the top of the mountain, we just keep getting denied by the F5. One day it'll happen, it just wasn't to be this year. Wow, not only 1, but 2 GREAT games this year between these 2 teams. I'll go ahead and said it, both were classics IMHO. :thumb: Not played perfectly, but played about has hard as it can be played by both teams.

After watching the game film (my wife has filmed everygame since our little "knot on the log" started playing at 7 yrs old) I didn't see Alcoa running much 3 man line at all, only the last series when there was very little time left on the clock. I did see them back #1 off the line occassionally in a standing position and then bring him on a blitz or back #5 off a bit like the old Dallas flex and loop him to the inside, but really the same difference as having a four man front, but just giving the CAK OL a different look. Many times Aloca would bring 6 or 7 defenders on the rush. I'm not sure what you're alluding to when you said it was a terrible call on the opening kickoff unless you were thinking Alcoa should squib or pooch kick it. The return was very well blocked and it did flip the field and help keep the ball on Alcoas side of the field the 1st qtr. Thankfully CAK learned from last game and we did squib kick to keep it away from your dangerous return guys. It appeared that #16 repeatedly misread the punts and allowed the ball to get over his head and roll plus CAK had good coverage. The fake probably would have worked, agreed, especially on the last one where he thought about it for awhile before he kicked, if it hadn't been like 15+ yards I think he would have taken off. And finally, I don't know if the play calling for Alcoa was bad or if it was just predictable, but most of the fans on both sides knew what the play was going to be, so I'm sure the players knew it as well. Normally that doesn't matter for Alcoa because they can tell you where its going and the other team still can't stop it. The Warriors were able to limit (not stop) it better last night than most, although that still wasn't enough. And I think #27 is going to be alright, but he will have a headache for several days I'm sure.

I said "apparently" and "I cant make a judgement"

Thought that would keep me from looking like I was "throwing stones". my apologies.

no apologies needed, everyone who watched the game knows what happened...hard fought game, unfortunatley CAK was on the short end of the stick. Congrats to the seniors on a great season.

Good luck to Alcoa on the 7th in a row (like you guys need it)

I said "apparently" and "I cant make a judgement"

Thought that would keep me from looking like I was "throwing stones". my apologies.

It did not look like you were throwing stones, and you don't owe anybody an apology. A message board poster who wasn't on the field with you last night is trying to be picky with your wording to distract from the fact that the shot was indeed ridiculously cheap and unnecessary. The insult was made worse by the fact that none of the officials saw it or, if they did, had the guts the pull their flag. Kind of soured the end of an otherwise exceptional ball game by both teams. Hold your head high, Warrior, you fought the battle well.

1. Hope #27 will be okay.

2. TD: you're statement is just absurd. Granted, I didn't have best seat in the house, but from where I was, it looked like a clean shot. #27 had been pushing around #16 after plays all night, yet no flags were thrown. So, "none of the officials saw it or, if they did, had the guts the pull their flag." Don't imply that the officials are intimidated by Alcoa.

3. Don't take anything from either side last night: It was a good high school football game, the best Alcoa fans have seen since Week 1. It's just too bad it was played Nov. 19th instead of Dec. 3rd. CAK has come an incredibly long way in such a short time. They will beat Alcoa at some point; they definitely gave us a scare last night. But, the Alcoa boys didn't get "flustered" (contrary to what was written in the KNS) and kept their cool.

4. Warriors011: Thank you for the kind words about our boys. Rankin has brought a lot of class back to the Alcoa program. You have nothing to hang your head about.

1. Hope #27 will be okay.

2. TD: you're statement is just absurd. Granted, I didn't have best seat in the house, but from where I was, it looked like a clean shot. #27 had been pushing around #16 after plays all night, yet no flags were thrown. So, "none of the officials saw it or, if they did, had the guts the pull their flag." Don't imply that the officials are intimidated by Alcoa.

3. Don't take anything from either side last night: It was a good high school football game, the best Alcoa fans have seen since Week 1. It's just too bad it was played Nov. 19th instead of Dec. 3rd. CAK has come an incredibly long way in such a short time. They will beat Alcoa at some point; they definitely gave us a scare last night. But, the Alcoa boys didn't get "flustered" (contrary to what was written in the KNS) and kept their cool.

4. Warriors011: Thank you for the kind words about our boys. Rankin has brought a lot of class back to the Alcoa program. You have nothing to hang your head about.

Great post! :thumb:

It did not look like you were throwing stones, and you don't owe anybody an apology. A message board poster who wasn't on the field with you last night is trying to be picky with your wording to distract from the fact that the shot was indeed ridiculously cheap and unnecessary. The insult was made worse by the fact that none of the officials saw it or, if they did, had the guts the pull their flag. Kind of soured the end of an otherwise exceptional ball game by both teams. Hold your head high, Warrior, you fought the battle well.

Stick with LAW TD! Football is just not your cup of tea! :thumb:

If you are looking for someone to blame for that hit, look no further than your QB. Anytime a QB throws a ball that high, the receivers are fully exposed to shots like that delivered to #27. The Polk Co. folks pointed this fact out after the Polk CAK game last week. Flags stayed in pockets because the hit was perfectly legal.

Last night's game was a hard fought high school classic and should not be tainted by this play. Congrats CAK on another great season.