Boyd Buc @ Signal Mountain

reaction

Mom, some of those SM folks have issues.

Mom - It's true. But as for the ole Troll, I think he was ribbing a ribber and not meaning to throw stones at your girls at the time he mentioned VB. You got to excuse him, he's like our mountain "Otis" (of the Andy Griffith Show).

Look forward to hosting Friday night!

Mom, some of those SM folks have issues.

Well I guess I took offense when I saw my girls being trashed by a couple of SM fans. They had the same team this year basically that we played last year. Boyd on the other hand lost 4 key players to graduation and still made it back to the State Championship match. I can't imagine the pressure that little 8th grader had on her shoulders setting in the state championship finals. I know the pressure that a setter goes through because my daughter was the starting setter last year on the Championship team. She played through the Region tournament through the state tournament with a sprained ankle. Boyd had a great run in many sports last year. Lady Bucs started it off by winning state in volleyball...Football Bucs were state runner up...Baseball Bucs were state runner up also..then it was topped off by the boys soccer team winning a state championship...Class of 2010 has some very great memories! Many of these kids are now playing college sports....Proud of all of them! Now go get 'em Friday night Bucs!

As to another SM Issue, and I'm reluctant to mention because I want to keep it on SM and Bucs game this week, but enough people have asked. Here's the update: I just talked to our mascot student. He's been down most of the weekend and won't be at school tomorrow. Busted ribs, stinging neck, hurt tailbone, and a concussion. He never saw it coming. And no, he was not heading toward midfield and was not going to try to plant that plugged PVC pipe in the field.

SM 48

BB 21

Go Eagles!

For Sale: Yard bird costume. Some scaring and kick marks. Slightly soiled, but hardly used.

I know the boys on the mountain are very excited about playing Boyd on Friday. I know Coach Price tried to schedule them for our first two seasons. We blew a good chance to play them last year when Cascade came back to beat us late. Once again Coach Price is trying to get them to play in 2011 and 2012 and we hope it works out. In any event, we finally get our chance to play Boyd in a varsity game. Everyone said we were a joke when we played a JV schedule two years ago and these kids want to earn your respect. Boyd, like South Pitt, FCS and Trousdale all have great tradition, coaches, players and fans. SM is working on the same. This group of kids are 32-2 since our HS doors opened on the mountain, but it does take time to earn respect. We will not take Boyd lightly...we will be ready to play and we expect the same effort from Boyd.

Win or lose there will be three Chattanooga area teams in Cookeville. Baylor, South Pitt and the winner of this game. It's been a good year!

I have followed Signal since we got the school on the mountain. Prior to that I would just go to various local games; however I seemed to go to more Boyd games than any other. I was drawn to Boyd because they were good, beyound that they played the game the right way. Always respectful, good atmosphere, welcoming to visiting fans, and kids who played as a team.

I will be pulling for SM, but if Boyd wins I will be all in for Boyd to win it all.

On another note, it saddens me some to see all the trash talking on here. I understand it is mostly in fun, but a lot isn't. The game is for the kids and about the kids, not the parents or those who use to play.

Still have to say that South Pit is hands down my favorite stop, nice folks and the best high school atmospere I have ever seen.

thanks

Looks like it will be a great weekend of Football! Having attended BB and having some kinfolks there now I'm looking forward to it. Lots of familys with friends and relatives on both sides. Not much chance of a repeat of last week for the Eagles. I doubt the BB fans will be liquored up and I doubt they will turn their backs on their beloved team and head toward the gates with 2 minutes left like we saw last Friday. No fair weather fans on either side. We've won more than one game this year in the last 2 minutes. Heck, we won't even grease their stands. That being said I think Boyd will lay it all out and give us a run for the money. Sad that once again only one team can win.

Signal Mtn 53

Boyd Buc 30

Mtntrout

Edited by mtntrout

As to another SM Issue, and I'm reluctant to mention because I want to keep it on SM and Bucs game this week, but enough people have asked. Here's the update: I just talked to our mascot student. He's been down most of the weekend and won't be at school tomorrow. Busted ribs, stinging neck, hurt tailbone, and a concussion. He never saw it coming. And no, he was not heading toward midfield and was not going to try to plant that plugged PVC pipe in the field.

SM 48

BB 21

Go Eagles!

For Sale: Yard bird costume. Some scaring and kick marks. Slightly soiled, but hardly used.

How much are you asking for the costume? TIA

This is true, Pujo. Troll seen Boyd play CB, and Boyd's got a couple of BIG boys on the line. Dohyo-iri-One.gifDohyo-iri-One.gif

Tell me something, do these boys play on defense, too, 'cause they look like they would be hard to move. Konishiki2.gif

Roy, does your book say how big these boys are? chin.gif

They actually have 3 and the little one is over 300 pounds.They try to keep um fresh. Like Roy alway says ,these boys are big enough to play in the SEC.