Signal Mountain vs. Trinity Christian Academy

MountainTroll

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Signal Mountain
    • Trinity Christian Academy

Hmm, 46 degrees and rainy. If so I'm doubting the mercy rule will be in effect. As dry as the season has been I don't think either team will have a wet field advantage. If it's anything but a drizzle it will be interesting to see which team adjusts the best and quickest. Hoping the wet field doesn't bring about any injuries. I'm still thinking Signal Mtn. will edge TCA but it won't be by much. It will be a hard fought game with some slippery mistakes but Signal will win 28 to 14. Break out the ponchos.

Edited by mtntrout

The Boom was the mercy rule put on the west TN team.

Webb 42

St George 7

Getting beat by the #1 team in the state on a last second play was certainly not a boom.

Lets keep a tally on the gold balls,

East TN 1

Middle TN 1

West TN 0

Looks like the west has some work to do. BOOM!!!!! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

In case you have forgotten the rules of most team competitions, the team with more points at the end of the game wins. I guess you could say Baylor won a moral victory, but it is still a big ol' check mark in the loss column for Region 6. The only vctory SM will get tomorrow will be a moral one, IF they are able to hang with TCA. From watching the film of the S Pittsburg game, SM is no more of a concern than the west TN teams we played during the regular season. THE LIONS WILL BRING HOME THE GOLD TO WEST TN!

I must admit that the forecast of rain concerns me. Speed is one of our tools as well as no/low TOs. A wet field is sure to have some neutralizing effects on speed and a wet ball is harder to hold on to. Still looking for a W but not sure this will be a typical SM game.

I'm looking forward to the game but I’ll be glad when it’s over.

Although you are blaming the weather, I am glad to see someone finally admit that this game is not a lock for mighty SM. Use any excuse you want, like bad officiating in the Baylor game, but the TCA LIONS WILL BRING HOME THE GOLD!

Although you are blaming the weather, I am glad to see someone finally admit that this game is not a lock for mighty SM. Use any excuse you want, like bad officiating in the Baylor game, but the TCA LIONS WILL BRING HOME THE GOLD!

I'm a realist. I don't over-rate teams and I don't over-exaggerate by saying Baylor was overrated. If that is true, Ensworth was WAY overrated. Baylor had their chances and let them slip away. I'm pretty thick skinned (and headed) and can take trash talk all day long but I don't respect people that don't at least show some form of respect for the other team.

In case you have forgotten the rules of most team competitions, the team with more points at the end of the game wins. I guess you could say Baylor won a moral victory, but it is still a big ol' check mark in the loss column for Region 6. The only vctory SM will get tomorrow will be a moral one, IF they are able to hang with TCA. From watching the film of the S Pittsburg game, SM is no more of a concern than the west TN teams we played during the regular season. THE LIONS WILL BRING HOME THE GOLD TO WEST TN!

Another brilliant post! Lets see SP is killing JB and might even mercy rule them. So you think there are teams from west TN that compare to them. If there is why aren't they playing them today instead of this overwhelmed JB team.

Lest just go ahead and add up the gold balls so far.

East TN 2

Middle TN 1

West TN 0

I expect east TN to have 3 after Alcoa comes out and takes care of business. :roflolk:

Another TCA rocket scientist. What line of reasoning did you use for this post? Was it that the #1 team in the state and favorite (Ensworth) actually won the game and beat the underdog (Baylor)? Or was it something else? Please enlighten us all on how this game set the stage. :roflolk:

1st of all you smart mouthed east tn jerk Im not from TCA just trying to support the west. Whats it to you. 2nd over confidence is a bitter pill if your team does not hold up to your expectations. 3rd Im glad to see that you are so bothered by such a simple post. It represents your flawed sence of confidence. Pride cometh before a fall. Thats it I done with you.

1st of all you smart mouthed east tn jerk Im not from TCA just trying to support the west. Whats it to you. 2nd over confidence is a bitter pill if your team does not hold up to your expectations. 3rd Im glad to see that you are so bothered by such a simple post. It represents your flawed sence of confidence. Pride cometh before a fall. Thats it I done with you.

I don't think there was anything in my reply that could be used to say I'm overconfident. I didn't give any prediction on the outcome for this game. I just wanted to know what line of reasoning you were using by saying the Baylor lose to the favored team was somehow setting the stage for TCA? Because by most peoples accounts it would in fact say just the opposite, as the favored team won. :thumb:

I understand being from the West you have to support someone as only 3 teams made it and one has already gone down to a mercy rule defeat. You have two chances left and your teams are the underdogs in both. SM is the second highest scoring team in the state in any classification, just behind Greeneville who the other west TN team has.

I haven't made nor will I make a prediction. However, I do feel pretty good about our chances as long as these young Eagles are not overlooking TCA.

judging by the brashness of both teams parents as evidenced by the number of pages on this topic, I would say there will be no quit in the players in this game. should be a fun one to watch.