3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

I want to know if you are serious because according to Alcoa the championship was played there a few weeks ago. Now I'm sorry if your boys are no longer playing football but maybe that's their fault. If you think football is easy in Midstate maybe you should win more and find out. Just like Alcoa will on Friday. Otherwise if you can't caught the ship I guess you stay home.

Don't sweat this joker. We get this spill every year and the ending is always the same. F5 rolls!!! :thumb:

You say you are not cocky but I know you are and that's what I'm hoping for. I played for a team in HS that always won and/or at the least ended up in semis. We were gonna win no matter what. But we lost one time when we shouldn't have that was the moment I learned who knows football and who don't. A few hours after this game on Friday I hope the "Fans" of Alcoa will still love their team even if they lose.

You are extremely ignorant for this post. I've played for Alcoa in four state championships. We never once took a team for granted, including the so called cupcake teams. If you think this Alcoa team is any different from past years you are sadly mistaken, and it will be a long drive home for you.

And you shouldn't think you should win every game when you only made it to the semis every year. :roflol:

You are extremely ignorant for this post. I've played for Alcoa in four state championships. We never once took a team for granted, including the so called cupcake teams. If you think this Alcoa team is any different from past years you are sadly mistaken, and it will be a long drive home for you.

And you shouldn't think you should win every game when you only made it to the semis every year. :roflol:

Bang!!! :thumb:

I have seen alot of good football teams in my time (long time) no doubt CAK is one of the best that I have seen at what they do. And by the way midstate fooball is um to put it in one word AVERAGE!!!! :roflol:

No disrespect intended but where have you seen alot of good football? Are you a coach? Are you a fan? Or do you just sit in the stands, eat nachos, and live in the past?

I want to know if you are serious because according to Alcoa the championship was played there a few weeks ago. Now I'm sorry if your boys are no longer playing football but maybe that's their fault. If you think football is easy in Midstate maybe you should win more and find out. Just like Alcoa will on Friday. Otherwise if you can't caught the ship I guess you stay home.

First of all last time I checked the only team we lost to all year was Alcoa in two very hard fought games. Secondly speaking as a player who played against Alcoa two weeks ago if you think you will walk all over them you are going to be in for a big surprise when Darrell Warren and company feasts on your QB all night. :hungry:

We don't that is your thoughts. We appreciate and respect our opponents.

I played for a team in HS that always won and/or at the least ended up in semis. We were gonna win no matter what.

I wasn't talking about Goodpasture, I was talking about you!

We don't that is your thoughts. We appreciate and respect our opponents.

Haha, when will you learn the players for Alcoa are much more humble then the posters on this thread. I've played for Rankin for 4 wonderful years, I know they will be prepared for Goodpasture. Take one look at Brian Nix's defensive schemes and your head will explode because we already know what you will run and when you will run it.

2cents worth from a CAK supporter:

Alcoa is the real deal. Not flashy (other than "Too Hype", which I like), not overly creative, but solid in practically every category. They can run, they can pass, they can hit, they can tackle, they WIN. Predictable at times, but very well coached in the fundamentals of the game. They also are strong, fast, tenacious, deep and disciplined. They can be multiple if necessary, but primarily they will line up in an I formation and pound you with #2 and #1 and then they will throw you a curve with a speedy & shifty #29 or the QB will take off on a long 3rd down scamper. If you get too nosey and creep up your DB's then they will throw it over the top to #4, who is tall, lanky, speedy, and can catch. They will play a base 4-3 cover 2 most of the time, but will work in some bracket coverages if you have a passing game like ours. They don't get behind very often, but when they do they don't panic. They are as complete of a high school football team as you could ever hope for. All of their starters are good, but I must say #1 is SPECIAL. Just won Mr.Football today and is well deserving. His motor does not stop, better double team him on pass plays, stay VERY low when he runs the ball or you will get trucked. The team is not mouthy or dirty, just good and tough.

I haven't seen Goodpasture play, but I'm from Middle TN and have family and friends there. Most of them are complimentary of GP and speak of how good their football teams typically are. One of my family members has seen Goodpasture play as well as seen CAK play this year. He is of the strong opinion that CAK is better than Goodpasture and better than his kids school(CPA). If A>B, and B>C, then A>C. The other person I know that has seen both Alcoa and Goodpasture is a high school football official with over 25 years experience. He too believes Alcoa is the better team.

If you support or play for Goodpasture you have to believe you can win this game, or why go play it? But I will tell you that you better have one heck of a football team or Alcoa better have 100+ yards in penalties and 3+ turnovers if you expect to win. Good luck and hopefully it will be an injury free game. I'll be pulling for the Tornadoes since we've been riding their coat tails according to a variety of non-ETN CoachT posters :rolleyes: If GP keeps within 2 scores I'll be impressed. Hoping for a good game, but not expecting one.