District 14A Tournament

mrbigster

I know Shane Sisco and have watched him since his Howdy doody days at Kenton. He thought he was a player then when he played and he had the arrogant attitude then. I knew him at Gleason when his idol was John Glisson our coach at Greenfield. I have watched him play ball and coach ball all his life and if it wasnt for his dad, Marty Sisco then he wouldnt be where he is today. Shane knows basketball, he should because he has been around it all his life. But what made last night so sweet to me is that old saying "what goes around comes around" and Lake County paid Shane back for some small school poundings that Shane likes to give.

Lake County over Humboldt....That is just my opinion of tonights game.

BTW...I wouldn't be where I am today if weren't for my daddy....I, like him, is pretty proud of that fact...

John Glisson almost got the job at UC after Ray Wilson's debacle of a career as Tornado head man, if I'm not mistaken...You know, Shane played at Union City and Gibson County in addition to Kenton...You remember that ??

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop the cork and put your party hats on Greenfieldfan your Yellow jackets just beat Union City....Disney World maybe ??...

42-35

Crouse had 18 for the Jackets...

Cox for UC only had 5 points....UC did not hit any threes...

Only heard the last couple of minutes of the game...UC was bad from the free throw line missed 12 or 13...G'Field hit at least 6 of 7 in those last two minutes I heard...

Pop the cork and put your party hats on Greenfieldfan your Yellow jackets just beat Union City....Disney World maybe ??...

42-35

Crouse had 18 for the Jackets...

Cox for UC only had 5 points....UC did not hit any threes...

Only heard the last couple of minutes of the game...UC was bad from the free throw line missed 12 or 13...G'Field hit at least 6 of 7 in those last two minutes I heard...

Thanks Purple. We have broke the ice now and it feels really good. Some people would take this opportunity to really give you a hard time but all I will say is I am proud of our Greenfield boys team, we have made strides this year and I am expecting even better things next year.

Thanks Purple. We have broke the ice now and it feels really good. Some people would take this opportunity to really give you a hard time but all I will say is I am proud of our Greenfield boys team, we have made strides this year and I am expecting even better things next year.

Greenfield has made some good strides.They have a good ball club.Congrats on the win.Didn't think Stewart was going to play and after seeing him tonight,didn't think he should have.Looked to have trouble just dribbling the ball.Cox is the real deal but teams can really come after him.Union City is really struggling on the offensive end.

P&G Thanks for the compliment about being the small school, yeah we hardly talk about it because it is what it is and we are used to playing bigger schools. Many of the schools our size only play us when they have to because they are in the same district. It makes scheduling difficult and we end up having to play bigger schools or traveling out of state but it makes you better. Once the districts changed the teams we lost would not schedule LC. The same thing for football too once District changed you have not seen Bruceton, West Carroll or Gleason on the schedule have ya. Well now that we have decided 3rd and 4th on to Monday's final. Key questions are can LC keep Humboldt of the glass on the offensive end, contain Brooks and limit his threes as well as not let Quan take over in crucial situations. This rivalry has been a good one all year among most of these guys with Humboldt being on the better end so far. They got by LC in football in overtime 35-34 to win the district and LC finished 2nd, they have won by 3 and 6 in b-ball this year and were regular season district champs with LC again runner up. Come on falcons lets make the 3rd time this season the charm and stop being the bridesmaid!!Bring a Championship back home to LC. :thumb:

I will say this for Sisco...Back in Bowling's first season there was a kid that had gotten in trouble with the law over the summer...He never missed a game during football season but Sisco suspended him until January that year...

The trust thing is the very thing I was talking to my son about when I heard about what happened with Allen....

Last week Boykin tossed two of his players off the team. I didn't get any names but a friend i know in Humboldt called me and told me. I got to say this for Boykin at least he has brought back some respect to the Humboldt program. That much i have to give him! Hats off to Thomas! :thumb:

I know Shane Sisco and have watched him since his Howdy doody days at Kenton. He thought he was a player then when he played and he had the arrogant attitude then. I knew him at Gleason when his idol was John Glisson our coach at Greenfield. I have watched him play ball and coach ball all his life and if it wasnt for his dad, Marty Sisco then he wouldnt be where he is today. Shane knows basketball, he should because he has been around it all his life. But what made last night so sweet to me is that old saying "what goes around comes around" and Lake County paid Shane back for some small school poundings that Shane likes to give.

Lake County over Humboldt....That is just my opinion of tonights game.

Lake County and Humboldt! One more time it seems these two schools meet every year 3 or 4 times. 7 is game time fans better get there a tad early it truely will be a packed house. Coach Barger has done a great job this season and now looks like the Falcons are adjusting to her style of coaching. Alot of people didn't think it would work hats off to Coach Barger! As for tonight Humboldt best bring their a game! The Falcons will be ready to take it to the Vikings. It's not just the two loses this season. I am sure the Falcons have not forget last year when Humboldt beat up on them in Humboldt! My thoughts is Lake County has to control the boards and tempo! I like the Falcons in this one it that happens. I have seen both teams play this season! But if the game is close i will go with Humboldt. It seems the Vikings have not got rattled in close games this season. This should be a exciting game good luck to both the Falcons and Vikings!! :popcorneater:

Zebra99 good assesment. In both close losses to the Vikings they seemed to make the plays when they needed them. Quan seems to step his game up under pressure and has been a thorn in the Falcons side all season, football included. LC has played Humboldt as good as anyone all year in the district but that means very little. They must step their game up tonight and not be intimidated by the environment or the Vikings. If they do that they got a shot. Good luck LC let's make the 3rd time the charm.

It should be a great game tonight, and in my opinion this will be a preview of the region championship. Not saying that other teams can not upset either one of these teams, but right now these two teams are the two best in the region. I am really looking forward to seeing how the next couple of weeks play out with two spots to the state tournament available and in my opinion four very worthy teams battling for those spots. Middleton, Westwood, Lake County, and Humboldt should be fun!!

Zebra99 good assesment. In both close losses to the Vikings they seemed to make the plays when they needed them. Quan seems to step his game up under pressure and has been a thorn in the Falcons side all season, football included. LC has played Humboldt as good as anyone all year in the district but that means very little. They must step their game up tonight and not be intimidated by the environment or the Vikings. If they do that they got a shot. Good luck LC let's make the 3rd time the charm.

You might be selling the Falcons a little short. The way the Falcons are playing as of lately. I think they have more than just a shot! As a matter of fact it won't surprise me one bit if the Falcons slip out of Trenton with a big win tonight. Man what a big win it would be for the Falcons! Good luck to both squads! :)

It should be a great game tonight, and in my opinion this will be a preview of the region championship. Not saying that other teams can not upset either one of these teams, but right now these two teams are the two best in the region. I am really looking forward to seeing how the next couple of weeks play out with two spots to the state tournament available and in my opinion four very worthy teams battling for those spots. Middleton, Westwood, Lake County, and Humboldt should be fun!!

I agree not knocking any team from 13A. I just can't see any one being able to play with the Falcons or Vikings if both on their A game. To many athletes on both teams just my imo also!