Best 1A teams from the Past Decade

croz6110

I found this article on CoachT's home page, and it seems they just went by overall record. But how can you put a team with 2 state titles behind a team with none. I don't disagree with the teams, just the order.

http://www.Unapproved Website/high-school-football-in-nashville/who-s-the-best-a-look-at-the-best-class-1a-programs-of-the-decade

I don't know if this link will work or not, but it's from the Nashville Examiner and Coacht has a link to it.

Edited by croz6110

I found this article on CoachT's home page, and it seems they just went by overall record. But how can you put a team with 2 state titles behind a team with none. I don't disagree with the teams, just the order.

http://www.Unapproved Website/high-school-football-in-nashville/who-s-the-best-a-look-at-the-best-class-1a-programs-of-the-decade

I don't know if this link will work or not, but it's from the Nashville Examiner and Coacht has a link to it.

Guess the good folks in Nashville don't get out to the ole ball game much, huh.

lol

I looked at this bunch of mess. If Grider had won another game last year, we would be number 1. That is just one example that we underachieved last year, because we lost 2 games. We only played two good teams and we lost both of them. If we had won both of them, we would be the best team of the decade, but now those Joe Byrns boys are. You think im joking but im not.

I looked at this bunch of mess. If Grider had won another game last year, we would be number 1. That is just one example that we underachieved last year, because we lost 2 games. We only played two good teams and we lost both of them. If we had won both of them, we would be the best team of the decade, but now those Joe Byrns boys are. You think im joking but im not.

I'd say Jo Byrns would be glad to trade places with SP,winning alot of games don't equal State Championskips.If you look in you're book Roy, you should be satisfied.

The guy who wrote it did graduate from Marion County. We're lucky to even have made the list. :D

But seriously, looking at total wins then I can understand the order. After all, that was what the criteria was about. If the article was about BEST teams overall then South Pittsburg and Trousdale would have to be the top two.

But then looking back at it if you include the victory we were credited for when Temple didn't field a team in 2008 it should (I think) give us 101 wins which would tie the standings.