Will Rankin leave after this season

falconvol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Rankin will make the best decision for his family. His wife-Sandra-will be involved in the choice. Gary Rankin is pure class and a family man. We, the Alcoa community are extremely appreciative of the years Coach has devoted to our community.

Translated........FOLLOW THE MONEY! <_<:roflol:

He was looking to go to a private or Georgia when he left R'dale. Unfortunately NO private would hire him then, and the Georgia AND Alabama schools he interviewed at thought they did NOT need him. He already has more than enough years in the Tn public system to start drawing his pension and still double dip by going private or to another state.

In todays economy I really can't blame him.

Translated........FOLLOW THE MONEY! <_<:roflol:

He was looking to go to a private or Georgia when he left R'dale. Unfortunately NO private would hire him then, and the Georgia AND Alabama schools he interviewed at thought they did NOT need him. He already has more than enough years in the Tn public system to start drawing his pension and still double dip by going private or to another state.

In todays economy I really can't blame him.

If he does leave I wouldn't blame him one bit however I don't think he'll go to CAK or another "small" private. I'd see Rankin coming back to the midstate area and taking a job such as MBA or Ensworth if he chooses to stay in the state. If Rankin wants to take a job in another state such as Georgia or Alabama he'd be a great hire. I'll even say that he'd be the top candidate out there.

323-60 with 9 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS speaks for itself :thumb:

I've heard the same "street talk" about Coach Rankin leaving and coming to CAK. I would be surprised if that were true, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were his last year at Alcoa since his son will be a Sr. this year. I have been told that Coach Rankin has enrolled his daughter at CAK for this coming year and that may be what has spurred the CAK rumors. But as far as I know Coach Bradley has not made any moves to indicate he would be leaving CAK. Coach Bradley had an opportunity to take a job with Carson Newman a year or so ago as a passing coordinator and declined in order to continue with his work at CAK. I would suspect, like others have, that if Coach Rankin leaves Alcoa, it will be for a big payday at a school that has the financial resources and commitment to pay much more than CAK or other TN schools.

Why after this many years and going into the 10th grade would he transfer his daughter now???? Especially to CAK, what a drive.....would seem to be a slap in the face to the administration at Alcoa High School and school board, or should someone ask what is up to move her now or are the rumors true.

have heard the rumors of his daughter at CAK, but will have to see it to believe it! No chance and I mean no chance he goes to CAK. I do not see the Bradelys leaving anytime soon. My money would be on Catholic if he stays in the knoxville area. (mapquest meadows should be moving any time now anyway)

Why would he leave you ask? What else does he have to prove at Alcoa? Now it is time to double dip and get paid!