Will Rankin leave after this season

falconvol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why after this many years and going into the 10th grade would he transfer his daughter now???? Especially to CAK, what a drive.....would seem to be a slap in the face to the administration at Alcoa High School and school board, or should someone ask what is up to move her now or are the rumors true.

His daughter can ride with my daughter to CAK.

I would say unless Alcoa is paying him as much as he can make by double dipping he will be gone. It's hard to pass up the opportunity to improve your families quality of life and add to your financial security, especially in today's economy.

If his daughter is in fact going to CAK I wouldn't be surprised to see him announce his retirement and be replaced by Coach Bradley from CAK. This would open the door for him to be hired by CAK. If he leaves Alcoa it will be for a private or another state and I don't see him moving his daughter to just turn around and do it again in a year.

I would say unless Alcoa is paying him as much as he can make by double dipping he will be gone. It's hard to pass up the opportunity to improve your families quality of life and add to your financial security, especially in today's economy.

If his daughter is in fact going to CAK I wouldn't be surprised to see him announce his retirement and be replaced by Coach Bradley from CAK. This would open the door for him to be hired by CAK. If he leaves Alcoa it will be for a private or another state and I don't see him moving his daughter to just turn around and do it again in a year.

The next Head Coach at Alcoa is Brian Nix....Trust me. There's as much chance of Bradley being Alcoas coach as me.

If Rankin steps down Alcoa would slip. I like Nix as a coach but Alcoa is winning big because Rankin has brought needed discipline at Alcoa. I know Alcoa was winning state before Rankin got there but as a Rebel fan i could see the difference in discipline right off the bat in 2006. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Rankin did leave Alcoa. Alcoa has been hard for Maryville to beat since he has been there.

Edited by REBELRON

"PAY" has never been an issue as the family has MONEY! Ever been to any of the Kangeroo stations between Carthage and Knoxville on/near I-40? If you have and bought anything you have contributed to him. Fact is he Coaches to stay out of his Brothers way in the buisness. BOTH Brothers are happy that way. :roflol:

'If' he leaves it will BE for BIG money and to a school where he knows he can win.

Now ask yourself one question, does CAK or Knox Catholic have the funds for 'poor' but talented player scholarships?

He WILL stay at Alcoa this year to give him his 10th state championship. Having that to beat Carlton Flatts record IS important to him.

If he does leave I wouldn't blame him one bit however I don't think he'll go to CAK or another "small" private. I'd see Rankin coming back to the midstate area and taking a job such as MBA or Ensworth if he chooses to stay in the state. If Rankin wants to take a job in another state such as Georgia or Alabama he'd be a great hire. I'll even say that he'd be the top candidate out there.

323-60 with 9 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS speaks for itself :thumb:

I am not disputing the fact he is an excellent high school football coach 1 bit but, He left a 5A school w/ loads of talent where he won multiple titles to go to a 2A/now 3A school w/ every bit as much talent (if not more) IMO, and play lesser competition; so really the astronomical numbers arent quiet as impressive as they may seem. I know the difference is he has beaton Maryville a couple times and yes that is impressive. Discipline or not, Alcoa won titles b/4 he was there, while he was there, and will continue to win them when he is gone, unless they hire a complete and utter knuckle-head as his replacement. This is more a compliment to the level of talent Alcoa has year in year out than it is a dig on Coach Rankin, even if it doesnt seem that way.....

Edited by Kevin38