Perry Co.

teton

Listened to 99.3(Lexington)radio today and a caller that I'll just refer to as "Rick" was proclaiming that P.C. had started two-a-day practices the first of July,with at least one of the two in the hottest portion of the day and that they were in full pads and helmets even now with indexes in the 115-120 degree range(yesterday 126 in Jackson).C'mon coach,these young men have long,productive lives ahead of them and assuming that "Rick" is telling the straight of it,they're being put in jepordy healthwise and the program too as per the heat index rule(105 degrees).Is it worth the risk? A lot of folks would say yes...as long as nothing goes wrong,but after the fact? I've closely followed P.C.'s progress into an outstanding program,good kids,good fans,and good football in Linden...don't jeopordise what you've built for a little edge on the competition.

Well if that were true I'd be concerned for those kids. BUT I went over the other day and watched from the car wash across the road( I grew exhausted of watching the perfection in LC) :roflol: and it took PC 45 minutes just to do a couple jumping jacks and pushups and I never even saw them do any real kind of stretches, the practice didnt look like too tough to me. That's just me though. :D

Listened to 99.3(Lexington)radio today and a caller that I'll just refer to as "Rick" was proclaiming that P.C. had started two-a-day practices the first of July,with at least one of the two in the hottest portion of the day and that they were in full pads and helmets even now with indexes in the 115-120 degree range(yesterday 126 in Jackson).C'mon coach,these young men have long,productive lives ahead of them and assuming that "Rick" is telling the straight of it,they're being put in jepordy healthwise and the program too as per the heat index rule(105 degrees).Is it worth the risk? A lot of folks would say yes...as long as nothing goes wrong,but after the fact? I've closely followed P.C.'s progress into an outstanding program,good kids,good fans,and good football in Linden...don't jeopordise what you've built for a little edge on the competition.

I don't think that's true, tt.

Perry County steam rolled a major contender today against the Union City team. PC truthfully has better personal than year. I would be surprised if they arent back in the same boat as last year with a better shot. We will see what these boys are made of against Huntington tomorrow and Mckenzie next Friday! Do work boys!

You say steam rolled? What was the score in the scrimmage?

I think our kids from PC looked good this morning wasnt to hot. These coaches never took the kids out in over the heat index rule. My son said they went at day break and late evenings. I am sure there isnt a team in the state that didnt practice at some time yesterday. We looked in shape this morning I do know that.:popcorneater:

You say steam rolled? What was the score in the scrimmage?

I think PC scored nearly everytime the first team O was in the game. I think PC could have run the score up but both coaches subed and I dont think anybody actually kept score after they gained 10 yds total on their first 3 possesions and we were scoring at will. I quit counting and coach started letting UC have more plays even if they didnt get a first down.

I think our kids from PC looked good this morning wasnt to hot. These coaches never took the kids out in over the heat index rule. My son said they went at day break and late evenings. I am sure there isnt a team in the state that didnt practice at some time yesterday. We looked in shape this morning I do know that.:popcorneater:

Glad to hear that.It's a shame that someone would go to such lengths to sound knowledgable,and spew accusations(on the air,no less)!Good luck again in the upcoming season! :thumb:

I think PC scored nearly everytime the first team O was in the game. I think PC could have run the score up but both coaches subed and I dont think anybody actually kept score after they gained 10 yds total on their first 3 possesions and we were scoring at will. I quit counting and coach started letting UC have more plays even if they didnt get a first down.

Radio I hope your PC Vikings will again have another wonderful season..

GO VIKINGS GO VIKINGS

So UC better do alot of improving or maybe it's a long year for the Tornadoes. So looks like the coaches picks in 14A could be right after all. UC is picked to finish 5th in 14A! Have a good year PC Vikings!