District 14-A

UCTdoes

The Lake Co. "Green Machine" continues to roll as they pick up a big win over Greenfield. can't remember final score but ended up around 21 or 23 point spread. Greenfield struggled scoring and I can see where greenfield fan talked about playing some young players b/c it showed up for the lady jackets tonight. Lady Jackets keep your heads up you will be fine and have a bright future ahead of you. For my Lady Falcons stay focused and keep working to become tournament ready. Carnation played a great game and Coach Johnson was able to empty the bench and get some of his young lady falcons some experience as well. Next up at South Fulton tuesday and at Bradford on Friday before hosting Jackson Southside on Saturday.

The Lake Co. "Green Machine" continues to roll as they pick up a big win over Greenfield. can't remember final score but ended up around 21 or 23 point spread. Greenfield struggled scoring and I can see where greenfield fan talked about playing some young players b/c it showed up for the lady jackets tonight. Lady Jackets keep your heads up you will be fine and have a bright future ahead of you. For my Lady Falcons stay focused and keep working to become tournament ready. Carnation played a great game and Coach Johnson was able to empty the bench and get some of his young lady falcons some experience as well. Next up at South Fulton tuesday and at Bradford on Friday before hosting Jackson Southside on Saturday.

does anyone know what the final was between union city and peabody

Greenfield beat Bradford tonight 38-31. Some good news tonight though. I learned that our Sr. point guard did not break her wrist. After the swelling went down, then they were able to see that nothing was broken....just a deep bruise. So, sometime soon, our Sr. point guard will be back. Our Jr. point guard is out for the season though....she had an ACL knee injury....

But, it'll be good to get Haley Rawls back....she's our best ball handler, and one of our best 3 point shooters...

After watching the girls,kinda a little worried even though they are winning big.Sometimes the defensive intensity doesnt seem to be there.And looks like Lake Co is going to go as far as T.T. carries them.Had a 16-3 lead or something close in the first quarter and T'T. went to the bench and before I could blink my eyes a few times the score was about 18-15.And we are missing way too many layups.I'm pretty sure we're close to the record for most missed layups.Not going to beat the Jackson Co's,Moore co's ,etc. with what I've been witnessing.Going to be the same ole story.A great regular season.Maybe a great region and then lose in the sub-state or state.With most of thse girls being 3 or 4 year starters ,should be blowing teams out and they are beating most preety bad mostly because other teams dont have the ball handling.I'm just not sold on this team.Hopefully I'm wrong.This team isnt close to the team with T.T.,Carnation,Mariah Matthews,Abbot,Phelps in my opinion.They can win the whole thing if they play with more intensity and start hittng free throws and layups.But against a top team ,can also have a quick exit.

Edited by mrbigster

After watching the girls,kinda a little worried even though they are winning big.Sometimes the defensive intensity doesnt seem to be there.And looks like Lake Co is going to go as far as T.T. carries them.Had a 16-3 lead or something close in the first quarter and T'T. went to the bench and before I could blink my eyes a few times the score was about 18-15.And we are missing way too many layups.I'm pretty sure we're close to the record for most missed layups.Not going to beat the Jackson Co's,Moore co's ,etc. with what I've been witnessing.Going to be the same ole story.A great regular season.Maybe a great region and then lose in the sub-state or state.With most of thse girls being 3 or 4 year starters ,should be blowing teams out and they are beating most preety bad mostly because other teams dont have the ball handling.I'm just not sold on this team.Hopefully I'm wrong.This team isnt close to the team with T.T.,Carnation,Mariah Matthews,Abbot,Phelps in my opinion.They can win the whole thing if they play with more intensity and start hittng free throws and layups.But against a top team ,can also have a quick exit.

Your hesitance on being sold is understandable......however.....it is a long season and these are HS kids....at times they will hit a mid to late season "lag".....but you better believe by the time tournaments start that fire to play D and hustle more will be rekindled....not that this "lag" is acceptable but sometimes we must realize they are just kids!! COME FEBRUARY IT WILL BE THERE!!!

sbl

PS there are many teams that miss lay ups at a much higher rate than LC.....at anytime!!!!! I promise!!!

Your hesitance on being sold is understandable......however.....it is a long season and these are HS kids....at times they will hit a mid to late season "lag".....but you better believe by the time tournaments start that fire to play D and hustle more will be rekindled....not that this "lag" is acceptable but sometimes we must realize they are just kids!! COME FEBRUARY IT WILL BE THERE!!!

sbl

PS there are many teams that miss lay ups at a much higher rate than LC.....at anytime!!!!! I promise!!!

I believe the intensity will pick up as well come tournament time or they'll be coming home.But havent ever seen as many layups in the past sevearl games as now.I'm not talking about 5.One of our better players missed at least 10 herself against Halls and missed sevearl again last night.And a few others missed sevearl also.a couple people sitting with me made the comment that ,"Wonder what the record is for missed layups in a season."Hoping you're right sbl.A lot of difference of missing all those layups against Halls and missing them against a top calibre opponent.And we are just terrible when T.T. isnt on the floor.Like Wardawg said.Had a big lead last night and played everyone.Think Lake Co scored 12 total points in the second half .Just cant score without T.t. it seems.Dont think the subs scored at all in the whole 4th quarter.

I believe the intensity will pick up as well come tournament time or they'll be coming home.But havent ever seen as many layups in the past sevearl games as now.I'm not talking about 5.One of our better players missed at least 10 herself against Halls and missed sevearl again last night.And a few others missed sevearl also.a couple people sitting with me made the comment that ,"Wonder what the record is for missed layups in a season."Hoping you're right sbl.A lot of difference of missing all those layups against Halls and missing them against a top calibre opponent.And we are just terrible when T.T. isnt on the floor.Like Wardawg said.Had a big lead last night and played everyone.Think Lake Co scored 12 total points in the second half .Just cant score without T.t. it seems.Dont think the subs scored at all in the whole 4th quarter.

Wow Bigster, been waiting for that one post that would make me respond. If you aren't sold on this team, you may be the only one in LC. What more must they do? Your statement they aren't the same without TT is like saying the bulls aren't the same without Derrick Rose. It kinda doesn't need to be said. No team is the same without their point guard. Look at the teams in our district playing without their point guards. This team is in Championship form. I had so many people that were blown away with their play at Greenfield say that is the best LC team they have ever seen on the floor. These were people who haven't seen them play this year but were at the game because of the pee-wee cheerleaders. Remember they are getting everyone's best because of that #1 target on their backs and they are still beating everyone BAD! Could have won by 35-40 last night. Could have beaten Greenfield by alot more as well. Shamone and Carnation playing very well, and you can bet Shasta, Brooke, or Tiana will be lighting it up from 3pt range as well. Don't understand how you can watch them play and then say anything negative right now. Maybe the missed layups, but when they miss and then steal the ball and lay it in what difference does it make. I was in Daytona and saw them dismantle schools three and four times their size with players as tall as 6'4. This is a team that is taking the fans along for the ride and instead of picking out the negative look at how good they really are. WOW