Humboldt @ Jo Byrns

Shep

I am going to go ahead and call a big over-reaction. Yeah sure Humbolt handed it to them but to be honest I expected it b/c they were just that good, not b/c JBS wasnt. I know from the stands I saw a great # of plays where the JBS defenders were in positions to make plays but sheer speed/ability enabled Humbolt to get positive gains. The bottom line is, they were out-manned, but they will be better for it. The positives to me were, JBS was able to move the ball fairly consistently against a very solid defense that held Milan to 10 points, even though they really only scored 7 against the starters. On defense even though they didnt really get any stops, they did all they could, those kids hustled their butts off but the difference in personnel was just too great. JBS will storm through their district schedule and make a decent run in the play offs if not make it back to the title game, in large part b/c of this early season adversity.....

Jo Byrnes lost to maybe not even the best team in the district..Just thought I'd stir the drink about 5 weeks in advance..lol

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Byrnes lost to maybe not even the best team in the district..Just thought I'd stir the drink about 5 weeks in advance..lol

We will be ready for Lake County, I assure you that! I told you that Humboldt wasn't at full strength against SF & still have players that are not up to full spped. Hopefully, we will get everybody at full speed during the break, Humboldt will only get better as the year goes!

We will be ready for Lake County, I assure you that! I told you that Humboldt wasn't at full strength against SF & still have players that are not up to full spped. Hopefully, we will get everybody at full speed during the break, Humboldt will only get better as the year goes!

Figured I'd get a response..lol..From you,Zebra and some of the other Viking faitful.But for now,will keep it Jo Byrnes and Humboldt.Just wanted to stir the pot though..lol..Just curious to what you thought about Jo Byrnes and South Fulton.Are they similiar?Pretty close in talent?

Figured I'd get a response..lol..From you,Zebra and some of the other Viking faitful.But for now,will keep it Jo Byrnes and Humboldt.Just wanted to stir the pot though..lol..Just curious to what you thought about Jo Byrnes and South Fulton.Are they similiar?Pretty close in talent?

Jo Byrnes has a better passing game & probably a better team in my opinion!!!!

Humboldt had a kid out last night that is a lock down corner as well as a reciever/running back that didnt play! He is very very impressive as a sophmore. JB will be okay I do believe. You cant do much when your team is overwhelmed with speed like JB was last night. Humboldt was very hungry for that win, and it showed.

The rebels will get all they want, considering the talent we have as well as how they beat Humboldt last year!

Its gonna be a great one!

Go Vikings!

Humboldt had a kid out last night that is a lock down corner as well as a reciever/running back that didnt play! He is very very impressive as a sophmore. JB will be okay I do believe. You cant do much when your team is overwhelmed with speed like JB was last night. Humboldt was very hungry for that win, and it showed.

The rebels will get all they want, considering the talent we have as well as how they beat Humboldt last year!

Its gonna be a great one!

Go Vikings!

The pain still lingers from the game last year game huh. Can't say I blame you though. To get shut down from what the 1 yard line 4 times with one of the best backs in the area had to really hurt. :lol:

See ya in a couple weeks I guess. I think we are still playing last I heard :thumb:

I took the trip to JB as well. But by the time we arrived the smoke almost chocked us to death. JB and SF would match up well. The QB's are similar and the lines would match up well. Jb would have a hard time stopping the Tatum kid. I can't understand why the SF coach does not run him more he is a load! JB has a good football team and will probably finish at 8-2. JB and Humboldt either team was not at full strength in this one. Humboldt had seven starters out in the SF game. Moody and Wedley were only about 80 percent Friday night. Imo the difference in this one was the tougher teams Humboldt has played over the years! The Vikings have took their licks over the years playing teams such as Milan,Mckenzie,Henry County Crockett County just to name a few might put the Falcons in there! The other difference in this one was Humboldt has spend more time in the weight room! No offense JB but Humboldt just push the JB line around all night. The speed of Humboldt was just to much as well! LC host Peabody Friday and the Vikings will have the week off. It couldn't come at a better time. Hopefully they will be close to a 100 percent when the Rebels roll into town! Bigster you better match Peabody Friday night they might slip up on you! The Tide gave the Rebles a game so the Falcons better be on their toes! Peabody is the best 0-3 team around! :D

I took the trip to JB as well. But by the time we arrived the smoke almost chocked us to death. JB and SF would match up well. The QB's are similar and the lines would match up well. Jb would have a hard time stopping the Tatum kid. I can't understand why the SF coach does not run him more he is a load! JB has a good football team and will probably finish at 8-2. JB and Humboldt either team was not at full strength in this one. Humboldt had seven starters out in the SF game. Moody and Wedley were only about 80 percent Friday night. Imo the difference in this one was the tougher teams Humboldt has played over the years! The Vikings have took their licks over the years playing teams such as Milan,Mckenzie,Henry County Crockett County just to name a few might put the Falcons in there! The other difference in this one was Humboldt has spend more time in the weight room! No offense JB but Humboldt just push the JB line around all night. The speed of Humboldt was just to much as well! LC host Peabody Friday and the Vikings will have the week off. It couldn't come at a better time. Hopefully they will be close to a 100 percent when the Rebels roll into town! Bigster you better match Peabody Friday night they might slip up on you! The Tide gave the Rebles a game so the Falcons better be on their toes! Peabody is the best 0-3 team around! :D

No doubt they are the best 0-0 team.I heard they like to throw to the tight end a lot when they throw.Heard their receiver or maybe tight end missed about 5 balls the other night.I think Lake Co is getting betetr .Thrwing the ball better and have about 4 speedsters.Three at the running back position and the other is a receiver.The full back is getting better every game as well.Looking forward to the rest onf the season.I was kinda worried at watching the jamboree but we never threw to Rafael and had about 3 players that didn't play.Think we have the talent to make some noise.

No doubt they are the best 0-0 team.I heard they like to throw to the tight end a lot when they throw.Heard their receiver or maybe tight end missed about 5 balls the other night.I think Lake Co is getting betetr .Thrwing the ball better and have about 4 speedsters.Three at the running back position and the other is a receiver.The full back is getting better every game as well.Looking forward to the rest onf the season.I was kinda worried at watching the jamboree but we never threw to Rafael and had about 3 players that didn't play.Think we have the talent to make some noise.

I do agree LC always has the athletes to make some noise!