Oakland v. Gallatin

MidTennFootball

This will not be a shootout nor will it be a two td win for either team. Oakland has been underestimated all season long. Their defense is quietly good. And they average almost 300 yards on the ground. Yes they are a young team but do not play like it. On the other hand I have seen Gallatin first hand and know that they have size ,speed ,and experience. Exprience is something that oakland may be lacking in a few key positions on defense. If either team jumps out to a 10 point lead then it will very difficult for the other to catch up. These two teams are evenly matched. I agree with an earlier post when it was said that special teams may win this one. Oakland 14-10.

Edited by milo118

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin has made it a point in each of the first three games to find a way to steal a possession or two early on and jump out to a quick lead. That will be vital for the wave friday night. Oakland isn't the type of team that will lay down, but an early lead could be the deciding factor in a match up of two excellent defenses.

Oakland is a good team, but what I saw of them when they scrimmaged Beech tells me that Gallatin can win this game. As I recall, Oakland beat Beech's 1's 2-1. Discipline seemed to be an issue in the scrimmage as they had several late hits called on them and the smack was flowing freely. I don't think Oakland is nearly as good as Henry Co. Just my opinion. If I weren't going to Cookeville Friday night, I'd love to see this one.

GHS 17

OHS 14

GALLATIN 21

OAKLAND 14

Not a fan of either team, my pick is based on returning players and how the teams have played this year.

Thats probably about right and it could very easily be switched around, this is a toss up IMO. I believe Gallatin will be the team to beat come play off time in 5A.....

Oakland is a good team, but what I saw of them when they scrimmaged Beech tells me that Gallatin can win this game. As I recall, Oakland beat Beech's 1's 2-1. Discipline seemed to be an issue in the scrimmage as they had several late hits called on them and the smack was flowing freely. I don't think Oakland is nearly as good as Henry Co. Just my opinion. If I weren't going to Cookeville Friday night, I'd love to see this one.

GHS 17

OHS 14

Very different Oakland team than the one that played Beech.

Edited by milo118

Nice to hear McDaniel on the coach's show this afternoon. Sounds like this is going to be a smashmouth game won in the trenches. Both teams want to run the ball and have a wide range of guys who can tote the mail. That makes me think that one or both teams might switch it up a bit and throw some. Just to keep the other guessing some. Not 20 passes a game but a little more than what we all have seen. Somebody needs to tell Patton in the paper, that the overall record is 19-9 Gallatin.

Too bad 2priceless has missed all of this conversation this week. I will get a hotdog this week just for him!!