Blount County Football

countryREB

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa middle school kills Sevier to win the championship. Undefeated and the best middle school team of all time!! Way to go boys!!

Congrats on the big win Nation. Championships are special at any level. I never got to see your team play in person, I had every intention of coming to their game with MMS and didn't make it.... I heard a lot about them all year, so I know they had a great team, but if those guys are better than the bunch a few years ago with Warren and Tyson, then that is scary.

Congrats on the big win Nation. Championships are special at any level. I never got to see your team play in person, I had every intention of coming to their game with MMS and didn't make it.... I heard a lot about them all year, so I know they had a great team, but if those guys are better than the bunch a few years ago with Warren and Tyson, then that is scary.

Nation loves this team and rightfully so ... they were big and impressive. However, the Alcoa Middle team I saw play when Warren and Tyson were 8th graders, I believe, was clearly a better team. They beat Maryville that year something like 55 - 6.

I haven't watched a lot of middle school ball, but with some of the winning streaks Maryville has had through the years, I'm sure some of their teams would rank up at the top as well.

But for me, my vote would have to go to that 2006 AMS team for best middle school team I've watched play.

weaklink -

I'm fairly close with Coach Malone and I'm sure he'd appreciate your input and criticisms and would accept it in a gracious and professional manner if you would so choose to meet with him. Let me know if you are actually willing to get behind the screenname and put a face with those words. I'll even be more than happy to arrange the meeting.

My guess is that you are a upset daddy whose kid didn't play and probably didn't deserve to.

I would rank this AMS as good a one, but not the best I have witnessed play.

As Govman mentioned earlier the Tyson and Warren middle school team was better. I also think the Lindsey, Fiegler, and Brandon Warren team was better.

The last two Maryville Middle School teams were also as good, if not better in my opinion.

weaklink -

I'm fairly close with Coach Malone and I'm sure he'd appreciate your input and criticisms and would accept it in a gracious and professional manner if you would so choose to meet with him. Let me know if you are actually willing to get behind the screenname and put a face with those words. I'll even be more than happy to arrange the meeting.

My guess is that you are a upset daddy whose kid didn't play and probably didn't deserve to.

your use of the word deserve , is indicative of your disposition.

your guess is half right , I am. A daddy but I don't have one on the team this year. I am upset as well because I hate it for the kids . Solly if you were to do a little watching and listening you would see that what I say is true. As for meeting with you , hum , I mean him I would. If I seriously thought it would do any good but it won't besides I have one on the way up that might have to toil under this same coach if nothing changes over the couple of years. But I have a sneaking suspicion that it may.

Edited by weaklink

Nation loves this team and rightfully so ... they were big and impressive. However, the Alcoa Middle team I saw play when Warren and Tyson were 8th graders, I believe, was clearly a better team. They beat Maryville that year something like 55 - 6.

I haven't watched a lot of middle school ball, but with some of the winning streaks Maryville has had through the years, I'm sure some of their teams would rank up at the top as well.

But for me, my vote would have to go to that 2006 AMS team for best middle school team I've watched play.

I don't think they could beat the MMS team with Toki McCray at QB. That group is probably one of the best to come out of MMS in the last 20 years.

Edited by JSamson7

I will agree that this Alcoa Middle School team was a good team and had a great season. But to say they are the "best of all time" , NOT EVEN CLOSE. This is the first "Championship of any kind won by this Middle School coach and team. I do not think Coach McClurg was the head coach the last time Alcoa won the Middle School title. Coach McClurg and several of these kids were at Eagleton for the Grasshoppers / Peewee / and Midget league. They never won the Superbowl. These Maryville 8th Graders who started out with Coach David Hunt as a 7 year old grasshopper have finished their past 8 years of football with a record of 75 wins and 4 losses / 6 Superbowl Championship / 1 Middle School Championship 2010... and are a part of the last 16 wins of the 26 straight wins MMS had going until losing to Sevier Co. Let Alcoa approach 26 straight middle school wins then they can be put in this discussion. Alcoa had the better team this year but they did not blow MMS off of the field. Bad snap and blocked punt hurt MMS ....but they competed hard and in no way did they get blown off the field. Last years MMS team and the team in 2009 were just as dominate as this years AMS in my opinion.

I have read a lot of talk about the MMS coach and I would like to say he has done a great job with these kids. Jay Malone is a good man and coach. He has won a lot of ball games and I may not always agree with every decision, he has been very successful. Its easy to second guess from sitting in the stands.

Being that he is family, I will definitely say that Coach Malone is a good man, a great man in fact. However, I will have to disagree with the board on his coaching expertise. Out of everyone in the family who played football, I would have to say he was the worst player of the group...

Edited by JSamson7

My $.02....All 4 Middle School coaches are classy guys who have taught many middle school boys a whole lot more than Football for many years while being pretty successful at a GAME. MMS got beat by a better team on Tuesday night...Alcoa has a great middle school team...ouch, that hurt to say. Sevier Co (A very good team) beat MMS on a sloppy field with our 1st and 2nd team QBs injured. Did I agree with every call? or Could we have beaten those teams if only _________? (fill in the blank). Who knows? I did not agree with every coach's decision but the score would probably have been much worst if I were calling the plays. It is easy to be an armchair QB or Coach but I would pick Coach Malone and crew over any of you armchair Coaches...myself included. Just my opinion...I don't even think it is worth two cents in today's economy...lol.

Having played with Coach Stanley, I would have to say that I trust his football acumen more so than Coach Malone's. Again, I'm not bashing my own family here, but I feel that Coach Stanley would be more accomplished knowing both of them like I do.

Edited by JSamson7

Congrats to Alcoa for the big WIN !! I think both Maryville and Alcoa will be very well served with these young men coming up . Look forward to seeing their development over the next few years .

Ha! Nix, you crack me up man. If this is really your profile Coach Nix, maybe I should have Coach Hammontree come down from AC & make you do some "Hatcher's"!!

Edited by JSamson7

The boys from MMS can if Malone will let them.

I have to agree with you on this one, weaklink. Unfortunately I feel that Coach Malone has fallen in the mold like previous MMS coaches who played the wrong kids due to politics. You won't see that as much at the high school level, especially after Coach Hammontree put a stop to that practive in the mid 90's. Although he wasn't entirely popular amongst the Maryville boosters, Hammontree is the one who laid the foundation of what MHS has become today & the the man responsible for bringing in Quarles as well as Ellis for this amazing run we've had over the better part of the last 2 decades.

Edited by JSamson7

Ha! Nix, you crack me up man. If this is really your profile Coach Nix, maybe I should have Coach Hammontree come down from AC & make you do some "Hatcher's"!!

Not Nix , I don't hide who I am . B. Phillips class of 79 , lucky enough to be on 2 State Championship teams . I wish everyone on here would reveal who they are .... everyone might be a lot nicer then .