TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

As a parent who has a received a letter about the NCLB who attends a failing school I can tell you now in the letter it states that any student who wishes to go to a passsing school MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE TWO SCHOOLS PAIRED WITH THAT FAILING SCHOOL! Also transportation would be provided by the HCDE to one of these schools. NOT, that they can attend any passing school provided they can find transportation. If this were not the case we would have other schools completely flooded with students and others empty.

One other thought. Before the season started, coach Slaughter at Cleveland was on Stump's Saturday morning program. They happened to ask Slaughter about Tim. When talking to Slaughter they commented that they were under the impression that Tim was going to attend Cleveland this year with his brother(half)Henry. Slaughters comment was "I thought he was too". Take what you want from that.

Maybe so but still true.

Not really. One of the main functions of the rules is to prevent weak teams from becoming good by cheating, ala Tennessee Temple or powers to cheat to stay there, ala Grace Christian. However, your argument is still a strawman because schools can still get put on probation with losing records.

Edited by rlh

High Schools

Brainerd High: 118 to Ooltewah High, 12 to Sale Creek High

Howard School of Academics and Technology: 12 to Sale Creek High, 47 to Signal Mountain Middle/High

Red Bank High: 10 to Hixson High, 4 to Sale Creek High

Soddy-Daisy High: 1 to Hixson High

From one of the articles linked, those are the "paired" schools. They had no listing of anyone who'd have been attending Brainerd, going to Signal.

It is hard for me to believe that Red Bank and Brainerd are failing schools. :shock: Is this a fallout of the Chattanooga Cities School board closing up shop? If so, someone needs to send the Mayor a bill and fix this.

Well - it is a negative ruling for SM - just got the txt. We lost 3 games due to ineligibility. Tough decision by T$$AA since they are going back on what they ruled at the beginning of the season when Tim transferred. I do not think it is fair!!!

I feel so sorry for this young man! He is miserable and feeling very alone! Let's bond together to support him as an Eagle family member!

We could have taken it all the way this year (with or without Tim)! So sorry the rest of our boys who worked their hardest are also having to suffer, especially the seniors this year! To go out like this when they could be wearing rings @ graduation!

Still saying GO EAGLES all the way!

Well - it is a negative ruling for SM - just got the txt. We lost 3 games due to ineligibility. Tough decision by T$$AA since they are going back on what they ruled at the beginning of the season when Tim transferred. I do not think it is fair!!!

I feel so sorry for this young man! He is miserable and feeling very alone! Let's bond together to support him as an Eagle family member!

We could have taken it all the way this year (with or without Tim)! So sorry the rest of our boys who worked their hardest are also having to suffer, especially the seniors this year! To go out like this when they could be wearing rings @ graduation!

Still saying GO EAGLES all the way!

3 games? Is that right or a typo? Just curious because I haven’t seen anything about 3 games mentioned.

It is hard for me to believe that Red Bank and Brainerd are failing schools. :shock: Is this a fallout of the Chattanooga Cities School board closing up shop? If so, someone needs to send the Mayor a bill and fix this.

Hamilton County has 14 schools on the list... most for attendance and graduation rates.

If the decisison is adverse to SMMHS, I'd like to know the specific reason. Does the TSSAA think the situation with the young man has changed since they initially approved it, or has the TSSAA had a change in its views of his eleigibilty, without the young man changing his place of residence. Seems to me those are two hugely different situations and it's only fair that the TSSAA articulate its rationale.

If the decisison is adverse to SMMHS, I'd like to know the specific reason. Does the TSSAA think the situation with the young man has changed since they initially approved it, or has the TSSAA had a change in its views of his eleigibilty, without the young man changing his place of residence. Seems to me those are two hugely different situations and it's only fair that the TSSAA articulate its rationale.

I'm sure T$$AA will submit a full accounting of it's ruling and SM will appeal. Perhaps the 3 game penalty (if true) is a result of some sort of agreement...it could have been much worse had T$$AA vacated all 6 wins. Let's face it, 3 games isn't the death penalty.