TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

so tell me, was he ruled eligible to play at Howard and the paperwork not filed for SM or was he ruled eligible to play at SM but appropriate paper not filed on the NCLB transfer. Or was he submitted improperly as living in the SM district intsead of a NCLB transfer. I hate to see this happen because of a failure in procedure. That's a tough lesson learned at these kids' expense. Now every AD in the state with NCLB transfers is double-checking their paperwork.

Dude, let's just allow any kid to go play where he wants. Dang the school he attends and the house he lives in. Heck, if you live in Pulaski and wanna play for Gallatin because green and gold are your favorite colors, then shoot, I think it should be allowed................WHATEVER!!!

It is what's right. Do the right thing.

How many coaches have a map on the wall behind their desk with areas tacked of what kids are wanting to come there.

I agree do the right thing but if you think Signal is the only school in this area let alone the state who has players do this your living in dreamland ... and I can't believe you used dude that's what my 10 yr old says all the time. LOL

so tell me, was he ruled eligible to play at Howard and the paperwork not filed for SM or was he ruled eligible to play at SM but appropriate paper not filed on the NCLB transfer. Or was he submitted improperly as living in the SM district intsead of a NCLB transfer. I hate to see this happen because of a failure in procedure. That's a tough lesson learned at these kids' expense. Now every AD in the state with NCLB transfers is double-checking their paperwork.

I guess we will have to wait for further statements from TSSAA and SM. It seems to stem around whether his residence is in the Howard or Brainerd zone which is important since he played in the spring game at LFO.

It is hard to believe they would issue such a significant ruling on something as simple as a mistake on paperwork. There may be more to it than that.

Stephen Hargis reporting on SportTalk that player was determined to be at the address reported on the transfer form, BUT Signal Mountain selected that that address was in the Signal Mountain zone which it is not. It is in the Brainerd zone. Form submitted and was falsified. Not stating if done intentionally or in error. Childress states it has nothing to do with NCLB. Also states that TSSAA will be reviewing some cases from last year as well.

Not really. One of the main functions of the rules is to prevent weak teams from becoming good by cheating, ala Tennessee Temple or powers to cheat to stay there, ala Grace Christian. However, your argument is still a strawman because schools can still get put on probation with losing records.

Can you name any that have been put on probation that had a losing record when the infraction accured?

Just because they can doesn't mean they will. Temple and Grace I would guess your talking Basketball. Temple do they even have a football team anymore or are you talking Basketball, best I remember they both were good in BBall and Temple had a good football team what one year. That was when the Skogen kids were there. Good atheletes and yes one left and went to another school McCallie I think still doesn't change the fact that Signal is not the only school that has benifited from this sort of thing.

Stephen Hargis reporting on SportTalk that player was determined to be at the address reported on the transfer form, BUT Signal Mountain selected that that address was in the Signal Mountain zone which it is not. It is in the Brainerd zone. Form submitted and was falsified. Not stating if done intentionally or in error. Childress states it has nothing to do with NCLB. Also states that TSSAA will be reviewing some cases from last year as well.

IF they had reported that he lived in the Brainerd zone, he would have been ruled ineligible before the season started by the TSSAA because he played in May during the spring scrimmage for LFO.

It is hard to believe they would issue such a significant ruling on something as simple as a mistake on paperwork. There may be more to it than that.

<_<

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, and hopefully the player didn't have a clue he was in the wrong...there had to be someone that knew that rules were being stretched or something was not correct...

And to those (SMEAGLE) who threw out Notre Dame as the whistle blower....Prove your accusation, or shut up.....

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS