TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

Can you name any that have been put on probation that had a losing record when the infraction accured?

Just because they can doesn't mean they will. Temple and Grace I would guess your talking Basketball. Temple do they even have a football team anymore or are you talking Basketball, best I remember they both were good in BBall and Temple had a good football team what one year. That was when the Skogen kids were there. Good atheletes and yes one left and went to another school McCallie I think still doesn't change the fact that Signal is not the only school that has benifited from this sort of thing.

You are the one that needs to defend your straw man defense. Bledsoe County got 2 years probation in the early 80s and 2 yr playoff ban for vandalizing the school buses of a visiting team. There have been others. However, winning draws attention and investigations are more likely to occur so sure, winning teams are more likely to get caught. However, we SP got creamed in 2000 for an error in paperwork not related to a transfer and forfeited 3 or 4 games. Even with those we would have been .500 at best that year, but it cost us a playoff appearance. That was a season between a state title and semi-final appearance. PC and SM both are lucky that the rules aren't enforced the way they were in 2000 or they would be handed forfeits by the TSSAA instead of vacated wins.

Edited by rlh

As a pirate fan who seen Tim play in person this year I have to say that guy was a beast at running back. Pretty good linebacker too. I wish whatever went wrong with paper work or address or whatever would have been done correctly because now your looking at Signal not even making the playoffs. That was a very talented team!!

Thank you TSSAA you just watered down you own State championship playoffs if they don't get to them. Will they also release why they began the investigation? Did someone turn them in if so I would think it should be made public,or did they just go look into all the schools that had players transfer this year?

As a pirate fan who seen Tim play in person this year I have to say that guy was a beast at running back. Pretty good linebacker too. I wish whatever went wrong with paper work or address or whatever would have been done correctly because now your looking at Signal not even making the playoffs. That was a very talented team!!

I really hate to see them not make the 4a playoffs.

And let's not forget this--when the Soddy Daisy-SMMHS fight was investigated by the TSSAA, the TSSAA decided it didn't have jurisdiction to handle the matter (or I think that's what happened). However, the TSSAA complimented SDHS for taking the fight seriously and enforcing some punishment; they then chastised SMMHS for belittling the event. I wonder if this isn't, in part, TSSAA's response for SMMHS's naughty attitude (haughty as interpreted by TSSAA). I'll let each poster decide whether he/she thinks SMMHS was haughty in its handling of the "scuffle".

Edited by Chattcity

IF they had reported that he lived in the Brainerd zone, he would have been ruled ineligible before the season started by the TSSAA because he played in May during the spring scrimmage for LFO.

LFO is in Georgia...a bonified change of residence would have been enough to make him eligible. However he would still be ineligible as he is zoned for Brainerd and SM is not a NCLB optional transfer school. It is up to the HCDE now to explain how he was enrolled in SM instead of Sale Creek or Ooltewah...I'm sure there are plenty of parents who would like the same option.I mean I'm sure all Brainerd parents got the same notice.

http://www.hcde.org/media/brainerd-choice-letter.pdf

You are the one that needs to defend your straw man defense. Bledsoe County got 2 years probation in the early 80s and 2 yr playoff ban for vandalizing the school buses of a visiting team. There have been others. However, winning draws attention and investigations are more likely to occur so sure, winning teams are more likely to get caught. However, we SP got creamed in 2000 for an error in paperwork not related to a transfer and forfeited 3 or 4 games. Even with those we would have been .500 at best that year, but it cost us a playoff appearance. That was a season between a state title and semi-final appearance. PC and SM both are lucky that the rules aren't enforced the way they were in 2000 or they would be handed forfeits by the TSSAA instead of vacated wins.

I didn't ask you to defend anything, did you even read this response you wrote you mentioned Bledsoe county for vadalizing a school bus we were talking about eligibilty of a player then back it up with there have been others, I'm sure and who are the ones with losing records? since I'm the strawman help me out and name them not for vandalizing school property or some other thing but what we were talking about eligibility.

I didn't ask you to defend anything, did you even read this response you wrote you mentioned Bledsoe county for vadalizing a school bus we were talking about eligibilty of a player then back it up with there have been others, I'm sure and who are the ones with losing records? since I'm the strawman help me out and name them not for vandalizing school property or some other thing but what we were talking about eligibility.

your strawman argument is that losing schools don't get caught so why should the rules be enforced on winning schools that do.