TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

Can't say it hasn't brought a smile to my face today. However, no one is happy to see kids get punished for actions of adults. The disdain for the Signal program stems only from the arrogance of most of the parents.

I believe many moons ago I wrote that you would eventually get busted for this and even turned in by a spurned parent whose child no longer has a position due to kids being brought into the program. My wife would then assure me that this is one of the first times I would have been right.

i'm not from signal, cowboy.

I’m not going to suggest otherwise, because this is definitely going to help Greeneville and other 4A teams trying to win a championship. I’ve said it before, SM is a good team. I honestly don’t think they are better than Greeneville (based on Gville’s performance against Alcoa and SM giving up 72 points in a game), but we will never know for sure. Regardless, I don’t know how this thread started being about Greeneville.

it's not about greeneville, ole buddy, i was just eluding to the fact that greeneville is the one who will benefit most if signal can't make the playoffs.

The Signal Mountain game is usually the third score I look for on Saturday morning. As a general rule, I hope to find that they lost. However, even from that perspective, it makes me sick to see what the TSSAA does to kids in the name of helping them. It seems that we adults, in this case with the TSSAA being our agent, seem to believe that we should help these kids by managing the outcomes of athletic programs to get the results that we want. We set up silly little rules that have nothing to do with what is best for the kids. Why would anyone care that a kid, even if he is a good athlete, transfers from LFO to Howard to Signal Mountain? For reasons that are really none of our business, the kid and his family have obviously decided that Signal is the right place for him. Apparently the TSSAA has decided that they are wrong. As a result, they have created a lie; Signal is 0-1. Of course we all know that with the exception of Blackman, where they got smoked, Signal has won every game, most of them handily. We all know they are 6-1 and so do their kids and the kids they played.

The Signal Mountain players, especially the seniors, have just had something they love, something for which they have worked very hard, both individually and as a team, ripped away from them for reasons that have nothing to do with them.

Let’s hear it for the TSSAA and their silly rules. After all, it is for the kids.

The real issue here is the TSSAA. They are very selective in how and when they choose to enforce their so -called policy. Pick a school....oh, I have one, how about Ooltewah High. They have been taking kids from Central High for years . Appeals to the TSSAA have gone unanswered. J. Smith of UT fame walked right by CHS each day on his way to Ooltewah. This issue is an adult issue and it starts with the cowards at TSSAA. Signals success and the impact they have had on the private schools is the reason they are now a target. As adults, we should all offer an apology to the children that have been hurt by this action.

Edited by PounderPride

Its not the TSSAA,that did this to SM,or the kid,it was SM that did it to themselves. The rules are there for a good reason........Lets say your kid when to schoolA....and schoolB beat them and schoolB gets new kids every year from different schools.....that would not be fair to the kids at schoolA.......You have kids moving all over the place...... :unsure::unsure:

Edited by lancer10

Its not the TSSAA,that did this to SM,or the kid,it was SM that did it to themselves. The rules are there for a good reason........Lets say your kid when to schoolA....and schoolB beat them and schoolB gets new kids every year from different schools.....that would not be fair to the kids at schoolA.......You have kids moving all over the place...... :unsure::unsure:

No sympothy here for SM. Just botherd by the TSSAA and their willingness to target some schools and give others a free pass.

The Signal Mountain game is usually the third score I look for on Saturday morning. As a general rule, I hope to find that they lost. However, even from that perspective, it makes me sick to see what the TSSAA does to kids in the name of helping them. It seems that we adults, in this case with the TSSAA being our agent, seem to believe that we should help these kids by managing the outcomes of athletic programs to get the results that we want. We set up silly little rules that have nothing to do with what is best for the kids. Why would anyone care that a kid, even if he is a good athlete, transfers from LFO to Howard to Signal Mountain? For reasons that are really none of our business, the kid and his family have obviously decided that Signal is the right place for him. Apparently the TSSAA has decided that they are wrong. As a result, they have created a lie; Signal is 0-1. Of course we all know that with the exception of Blackman, where they got smoked, Signal has won every game, most of them handily. We all know they are 6-1 and so do their kids and the kids they played.

The Signal Mountain players, especially the seniors, have just had something they love, something for which they have worked very hard, both individually and as a team, ripped away from them for reasons that have nothing to do with them.

Let’s hear it for the TSSAA and their silly rules. After all, it is for the kids.

bad for the players. But parents, coahes and boosters gotta follow the rules. Edited by OHS80