Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Just as long as I didn't offend you .....

A shame that a Maryville fan decided to put the focus somewhere else , other than where it should be , and that's the fact that Maryville really is becoming a great team . While walking to one of the porta john's last night at the game ( I was totally offended by the smell of this porta john by the way ) I could hear the Maryville team hollering and screaming in the locker room when all of a sudden they popped out and I saw just how fired up they were .... I didn't see a team that was overconfident , I saw a team that was out to prove something . It amazes me that our coaches can week in and week out have our young men so focused and ready to play .

Our young men are definitely buying in to all of the traditions, prestige and history that is Maryville high school football . Coach Quarles and these fine young men have never " embarrassed " me , and neither have the students that are out there supporting their team and looking for ways to express themselves . Thank God we live in a country where we do still have some Freedoms left in our lives . The only thing that could of made the scene better last night was a good old fashioned Prayer before the game ... too bad because of just a few people who are " offended " by that we no longer have that right either .

Eye uhgree wif blaidrunnur....classy post..... :thumb:

Taking nothing away, but 2 of their best players i hear aren't original Maryvillians? I hear Robinette is from Knoxville and Guillermo is from south carolina or some other state? I heard the Robinette wasn't from Maryville by a actual Maryville fan, so i am not making that one up.

and I'll bet that all of Farragut's baseball greats are from right there in Farragut aren't they? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

and I'll bet that all of Farragut's baseball greats are from right there in Farragut aren't they? :unsure:

haha i doubt they are, but they are just like maryville is in football wit their baseball youth programs, 2nd to NONE. Everybody wants to play for the winner. Just a fact. If Farragut cared for football as much as they do baseball they would be tough to handle.

Edited by SweetScience

With all due respect , I will worry or concern myself with or about whatever I choose to. I support the MARYVILLE program from top to bottom and I have vested interests in doing so. Ignorance of the facts is no excuse and I am also tired of the PC crap and I will not back up, PERIOD. There is nothing lawfully written that gives any of us the right NOT to be offended. If you do not like then leave or exercise your prerogatives and do something. As far as GUILLERMO goes he transferred here from N.C. because his step father is in the ministry and was called to a local church here in MARYVILLE. ROBINETTE'S situation has been beaten to death. The fact of the matter is that these boys have great leadership and role models which are greatly needed by boys and young men especially in this time of their lives. These boys work extremely hard and dedicate themselves to something bigger than themselves and thus they learn valuable lessons and skills about life. I have heard GQ say many times to his CHAMPIONS ,"Do not let this be the best thing that ever happens to you in life." So to all you haters out there , inside the walls and out , keep on hating because the boys feed on it. And all that hate just proves that MARYVILLE is the measuring stick.

Yeah...what he said.

I am proud of the students that show school pride and support our team. Recently there has been too many fun things taken from them. We no longer have homecoming or a homecoming queen, pep rally's are no where near what they once were. No noise makers allowed at the games and I have even heard talk of doing away with Alcoa week and the Rebel run and heaven forbid if our cheerleaders were actually allowed to actually dance! I believe that the students are looking at a way to express themselves and have fun. If waving a flag supporting your team on Friday nights offends people then I just think its too bad. These are teens that want to be able to express their support for their team other than setting in the stands and clapping. I would much rather see kids having fun at a ball game and supporting their school than doing a lot of other things that they could be doing.

GO REBELS!

This whole thread has taken a pretty ridiculous turn. Somebody please point out where I said the confederate flag should be banned. Somebody please point out where I said that starters whose parents went to other high schools should not be allowed to play for the Rebels.

High five to you Pep, I could not agree more. No one has meant anything negative by doing this and if it has effected a kid on the field negatively, it is because some so called adult has shoved that way of thinking upon the kid. We have given up rights and backed up and let people shove political correctness upon us until, I too, am sick and tired of backing up.

It's pretty convenient to forget the decades of hatred and bigotry that the confederate flag symbolizes for African Americans. They don't like it, it makes them uncomfortable, and it doesn't have anything to do with something an adult conjured up and shoved down their throat.

You want to fly that flag? Great, keep it. The undeniable truth is that it has in the past and will continue to have a negative impact on Maryville football. I'm white, part redneck, and all Maryville Rebel. If you encourage the confederate flag at Maryville High School football games then you do not support Maryville Football 100%.

This whole thread has taken a pretty ridiculous turn. Somebody please point out where I said the confederate flag should be banned. Somebody please point out where I said that starters whose parents went to other high schools should not be allowed to play for the Rebels.

It's pretty convenient to forget the decades of hatred and bigotry that the confederate flag symbolizes for African Americans. They don't like it, it makes them uncomfortable, and it doesn't have anything to do with something an adult conjured up and shoved down their throat.

You want to fly that flag? Great, keep it. The undeniable truth is that it has in the past and will continue to have a negative impact on Maryville football. I'm white, part redneck, and all Maryville Rebel. If you encourage the confederate flag at Maryville High School football games then you do not support Maryville Football 100%.

:popcorneater:

I have agreed with many of your posts in the past but, on this subject.... your a retard.

I come from OR where political correctness is an over played way of life, maybe you should relocate, you would get along great with the protesters at Y-12 that blame them for all that's evil. Let's face it, poltical correctness is a double standard that has grown out of fear of offending someone. Has anyone ever protested other"ethnic" slogans, symbaols or anything else...NO. Because that's not what this is really about and if the flag offends you or anyone else... all of you need to get a life. Maybe you should start a campaign to prohibit wearing FUBU brand clothing... they offend me and apparently, that's enough to force everyone else to stop wearing it...right?

Oldrebel ... not only do you want to tell everyone what they can or cannot do , now you're saying I don't support Maryville %100 unless I believe in everything just like you do .... wow . Funny how you don't have any problem offending me while you're so worried about others being offended . The difference between you and I oldrebel , is that I'm not going to try and force you to agree with my opinion , you on the other hand , want to create a new law on everything that offends you . If you want to look hard enough you can find a lot more things to ban while you're at it ..... geez now we can't even have a Homecoming Queen due to someone being offended .

It also seems a little hypocritical for you to be using oldrebel as your name ... Rebel Flag , Rebels ... I guess that's next for you right ? I won't be %100 supportive of Maryville football unless I agree with banning whatever you come up with next ... right ? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here oldrebel , but please don't tell me I don't support Maryville football if I don't think just like you , geez that's called freedom buddy , that's why I served my Country in the U.S Marine Corps to where one person couldn't tell you or me what to think , feel or believe ..... or else .

Edited by pepvol

oldrebel....I think someone forgot to tell the young "African American" rebel fan at the Farragut game Friday night, who was carrying the flag on a pole, that he should feel uncomfortable.....

Also I guess that I should not continue to support the City of Maryville sponsored "Foothills Fall Festival" 100% any longer either???....At last year's Fall Festival, Lynyrd Skynyrd had a confederate flag attached to a microphone stand (or pole if you prefer)....Ironically, I saw a few current and former city school board members and other city officials on the crowd cam and in attendence, enjoying the show and appearing to support Lynyrd Skynyrd (with the confederate flag attached to their microphone stand)....It appeared to me that they were "100%" behind the production.....

Edited by STARSNBARS

I think at this point the quality of the team Maryville faces is completely secondary. Maryville has reached a level where the only thing that determines the outcome is how well Maryville plays. They are better at every position than almost every team they play.

This is the first time I'll come out and say the Farragut play calling was terrible. Obviously going in Farragut was a pretty good underdog, so you'd think they would let it hang out a little. First quarter they did a good job of using the hot passes to get Maryville out of their cover 2 then never really went back to it the rest of the game. They stayed with their zone running plays and tired rollout plays. I wonder how much the Farragut OC's mentor being in the other sideline had to do with it. I generally support Sweetland's game plan in staying with what you're good at, and within the what the kids are comfortable with, but you can't beat Maryville trying to do what Maryville does better. Hopefully we won't have to worry about what to do against Maryville again for a month or so.