2011 TN Titans Mr Football Ballot: Class A Lineman

CoachT

Take your pick from SP...All worthy candidates...D.J. Roberson, Colton Blevins, and Cody Branham

Coltin Blevins,All State linebacker and MVP last year in the 1a championship game.Pre-season allstate linebacker and also pre-season allstate o/lineman, he is as solid as they come.He is a work horse on the line and an old school linebacker that punishes running backs, he is also the kicker and plays on kick return,punt return and punt coverage, he never leaves the field.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Coen, Brandon McCoy, Peyton Watson from Gordonsville- Junior-OT/DT-Tyler Coen could be if not the best player in the Region and he plays both ways also being looked at by D1 schools Junior-LB- Brandon McCoy- possibly one of the top tacklers in the Region and one of the top 2 LB's in the Region- Junior-QB/CB- Peyton Watson- a solid all around athlete at both positions, he is a dual threat at QB

After watching single A football for several years and seeing the best single A has to offer (i.e. South Pitt, Gordonsville, Jo Byrns, etc.) i have to nominate #53 Tyler Coen and #4 Brandon McCoy in the Single A lineman category for Mr. Football. Coen is 6'3" 240+ lbs and is as dominant as I have seen at Defensive Tackle at this level. He is almost unblockable and commands double and triple teams and sometimes that does not work. The game he played early this season against #2 3a Smith Co. was unbelievable as he was in their backfield all night recording 11 tackles from the Defensive tackle position and this was against one of the better offensive lines in the state. Also that night, McCoy (6'1"190)had 11 tackles as well. They both also were dominant. You can even ask those from Smith Co. they may have been the two best players on the field that night. The Gordonsville Defense led by these two held a very dominant and talented running attack from Smith Co to under 100 yards for the entire game. Game was scoreless after 4 quarters and Smith Co. won 15-14 in 2OT. All season long these two have led this Defense to being one of the best in the state. Coen also starts at Left tackle on Offense and a significant # of the yards they have rushed for have come on his side. Both Coen and McCoy are Juniors on a very talented team. Coen and McCoy are also on the Kickoff Coverage teams and both have been punishing to opponents return teams. Coen at his size posseses great speed and is an outside gunner on kickoff coverage. His motor runs constantly. Coen is already receiving inquiries from D-1 schools and has the overall ability to go to the next level. Both Coen and McCoy are also very positive representatives for thier team, school and community. Both are close to averaging double figures in tackles per game. For these reasons I nominate Tyler Coen and Brandon McCoy for Single A Mr. Football lineman award.