Huntingdon @ Dresden

hogheaven

Hey all you haters. Did you see the upsets in college football today? Anything is possible. Huntingdon is like Oklahoma. And Oklahoma was defeated. It can happen. Dresden football has heart. You better show up early if you're planning to set on both sidelines cause Dresden fans show up too and we're not good at sharing.

Ha. Did you see LSU and Auburn. Huntingdon is like LSU. But glad to see you're excited about the game! :thumb:

That person probably doesn't understand math that well...394 student population after the last classification meeting thus making Huntingdon a 1A class (a big one, but that is established by the TSSAA rulemakers). That homer is just starting the excuse wagon before the game. After the next reclassification, the excuse makers better hope you guys come in under the number and stay 1A or they will not have the automatic qualifer for finishing second in that district (and at least 6 wins). Don't worry about the excuses they are already making, you'll see how bad they are for that record come this Thursday night. Look at their strength of schedule, form your own opinion--if you haven't seen them play yet. I'll give them another reason to be fired up, the people in this county are pulling for you guys to put a beatdown on them too---but everybody over here knows why they came to that district....usually everyone pulls for the county team, but not this one. They are no where near you guys, Mckenzie, Adamsville, Humboldt, possibly Paris Inman too. :thumb:

Really nobody considers Martin part of Weakley county anyway so who cares who you are cheering for.

I know Huntingdon is 1A but lets be realistic, your not 1A. Schools that are 1a in this area are: Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, and South Fulton m

maybe a few others. Dresden will probably drop down to 1A after next year but its not fair to the real 1A schools.

Just because the TSSAA said thats the way it should be is like saying everything the US government does is correct. TSSAA and the "rules" are a joke. Where's my govment check???????

Edited by ysoangry

Really nobody considers Martin part of Weakley county anyway so who cares who you are cheering for.

I know Huntingdon is 1A but lets be realistic, your not 1A. Schools that are 1a in this area are: Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, and South Fulton m

maybe a few others. Dresden will probably drop down to 1A after next year but its not fair to the real 1A schools.

Just because the TSSAA said thats the way it should be is like saying everything the US government does is correct. TSSAA and the "rules" are a joke. Where's my govment check???????

So you mean that it's not fair we're 1A even though our enrollment says we should be?

Weakley County is sort of like the fanbase for the SEC. We all really know each other and don't like each other when we play each other, but pull for those other-inter county teams when they play an outsider. Dresden is the exception. Going in to this season, I was glad for their team and fans due to the fact that they have been awful for nearly a decade and had a joke of a sports program (all in all). If you talk to a lot of the fanbase in that town, they even say how bad the sports situation is and the leadership controlling that school is the main problem. I was hoping Dresden would get to single A so they could compete. But I've come to understand, it is an inherited trait. They have a lack of humility and are extremely cocky. I haven't spoken to anyone from Dresden about their season this year, but I know that the people from Martin & the other areas of the county are pulling for Huntingdon to put what an earlier poster said a "beatdown" on this team. Until they understand sportsmanship and humility they will have difficult times. Winning is great, losing is never fun---but when you win, you need to do it in a way that reflects your true character that is representative of the town you play for. I've seen every Westview Charger football game since the late 1990's. We have taken some beatings, we have given some. We don't run the score up on people, nor do we play dirty. In 2011, we don't have 1 personal foul penalty this year--nor ejections. The last ejection I remember was back in 2005. Ask the referee director about the inquiries in to the style of play by Dresden. It's always a topic of discussion among officials. I know 8 active officials in this territory and this is true. I doubt I will spend a dime of my money to go to that game, but will be listening to it. Huntingdon, You have a classy coach and staff, and you have a proud traditional program that has always been known to be clean, competitive, and tough. The rest of Weakley county is behind you. Put them in their place. If you end up being in 2A after the next enrollment county, this may be Dresden's last chance for a 2A playoff spot for a while. Go Stangs!!! :popcorneater:

What will be westview's excuse next year when you lose all your games. You guys flat out stink. Deal with it! You have 8 active officials in your pocket which is only reason you win. Learn to pass the ball!

Weakley County is sort of like the fanbase for the SEC. We all really know each other and don't like each other when we play each other, but pull for those other-inter county teams when they play an outsider. Dresden is the exception. Going in to this season, I was glad for their team and fans due to the fact that they have been awful for nearly a decade and had a joke of a sports program (all in all). If you talk to a lot of the fanbase in that town, they even say how bad the sports situation is and the leadership controlling that school is the main problem. I was hoping Dresden would get to single A so they could compete. But I've come to understand, it is an inherited trait. They have a lack of humility and are extremely cocky. I haven't spoken to anyone from Dresden about their season this year, but I know that the people from Martin & the other areas of the county are pulling for Huntingdon to put what an earlier poster said a "beatdown" on this team. Until they understand sportsmanship and humility they will have difficult times. Winning is great, losing is never fun---but when you win, you need to do it in a way that reflects your true character that is representative of the town you play for. I've seen every Westview Charger football game since the late 1990's. We have taken some beatings, we have given some. We don't run the score up on people, nor do we play dirty. In 2011, we don't have 1 personal foul penalty this year--nor ejections. The last ejection I remember was back in 2005. Ask the referee director about the inquiries in to the style of play by Dresden. It's always a topic of discussion among officials. I know 8 active officials in this territory and this is true. I doubt I will spend a dime of my money to go to that game, but will be listening to it. Huntingdon, You have a classy coach and staff, and you have a proud traditional program that has always been known to be clean, competitive, and tough. The rest of Weakley county is behind you. Put them in their place. If you end up being in 2A after the next enrollment county, this may be Dresden's last chance for a 2A playoff spot for a while. Go Stangs!!! :popcorneater:

No love lost. Truth is...Dresden (as well as the rest of Weakley County) cheers for whoever Westview is playing. Not because of the players but because of fans like you that think they are "the" school in Weakley County. Most of the Dresden-Martin players are actually friends. You don't see any Gleason or Greenfield fans talking about Dresden. You must be having a really hard time getting over the loss week 0 seeing as you post on anything related to Dresden. Go Lions!

No love lost. Truth is...Dresden (as well as the rest of Weakley County) cheers for whoever Westview is playing. Not because of the players but because of fans like you that think they are "the" school in Weakley County. Most of the Dresden-Martin players are actually friends. You don't see any Gleason or Greenfield fans talking about Dresden. You must be having a really hard time getting over the loss week 0 seeing as you post on anything related to Dresden. Go Lions!

WHS Charger Fanatic, I believe you are confusing cockiness with confidence. Why shouldn't Dresden be confident with a 8-1 record? Does Westview have that? Don't think so. I'm sorry your team has such a bad record, but don't blame it on Dresden players or fans. That's your doing.

TN has already gone to 6 classifications. Do you think we need 8,9,10? At some point you have to draw a line. Huntingdon played in 2A as one of the smallest 2A schools in the state. Just remember one thing about the TSSAA. It is an association made up of the schools across the state. They are the ones that vote on EVERYTHING that is proposed.

That is incorrect. I am partial to Greenfield, but live in Jackson now. I actually like Westview better than Dresden. You idiots shot fireworks after beating a Gleason team that you should beat year in and year out, since you are over twice their size. Greenfield and Gleason don't like each other, but it is actually a competitive game in all sports and yes we do have mutual respect for each other after we part our battles. Westview owns you, except for the occasional fluke, in every sport.

The reality of it is, you guys may be confident--but you are a lot more cocky than good. I as well, hope that Huntingdon drills your team by 40 and really exposes that inflated record. You have 2 wins over a team with above .500 records (according to coacht) and you probably actually believe you belong on the same field with them. You guys bolted to that district to get away from the girls and boys basketball programs in 14A. Lake County, Trenton, Gleason (girls), Greenfield, Union City, Bradford (girls)--- the only ones that don't realize it are the mediocre athletes that bought in to the switch 4 years ago.

Enjoy this year, you might not actually see one like this again for a while. If you make it to round 2 of the playoffs, take a lot of pictures...it might be a while before you're back.

On a side note though, I don't Westview reigns supreme, but they are no where near as cocky as you guys---and they actually have proven themselves in every sporting program over there and never really speak of it to the other county teams because of their classification. You guys are the best excuse makers in this area though, I do give you that.

It's hard to face reality, but here it is--- you don't hear many Greenfield/Gleason fans on here defending your school or program for a reason and it aint because they aint reading these forums. Good luck this Thursday night....you are fixing to get pounded by what I've seen this year.

That is incorrect. I am partial to Greenfield, but live in Jackson now. I actually like Westview better than Dresden. You idiots shot fireworks after beating a Gleason team that you should beat year in and year out, since you are over twice their size. Greenfield and Gleason don't like each other, but it is actually a competitive game in all sports and yes we do have mutual respect for each other after we part our battles. Westview owns you, except for the occasional fluke, in every sport.

The reality of it is, you guys may be confident--but you are a lot more cocky than good. I as well, hope that Huntingdon drills your team by 40 and really exposes that inflated record. You have 2 wins over a team with above .500 records (according to coacht) and you probably actually believe you belong on the same field with them. You guys bolted to that district to get away from the girls and boys basketball programs in 14A. Lake County, Trenton, Gleason (girls), Greenfield, Union City, Bradford (girls)--- the only ones that don't realize it are the mediocre athletes that bought in to the switch 4 years ago.

Enjoy this year, you might not actually see one like this again for a while. If you make it to round 2 of the playoffs, take a lot of pictures...it might be a while before you're back.

On a side note though, I don't Westview reigns supreme, but they are no where near as cocky as you guys---and they actually have proven themselves in every sporting program over there and never really speak of it to the other county teams because of their classification. You guys are the best excuse makers in this area though, I do give you that.

It's hard to face reality, but here it is--- you don't hear many Greenfield/Gleason fans on here defending your school or program for a reason and it aint because they aint reading these forums. Good luck this Thursday night....you are fixing to get pounded by what I've seen this year.