Huntingdon @ Dresden

hogheaven

The Nation won't be silent, because you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you do beating Huntingdon. Have your cheapshotting "goons" play their style of football and see where that gets them. The bullseye was put on your team after some in game/ post game exhibitions this season. As long as you think you have an awesome team, should be all that matters in your world. But out here in the "real" world, you are a below average 2A school that has a very weak schedule and got lucky in one game...but keep believing, that might get you to a 2nd round and an exit (if you're lucky to get that far), but if I were you I'd expect a serious *** whooping this Thursday night...and then you can be silent.

And Huntington is a 2 or 3 a school that managed to be put in 1A and has underachieved. Don't worry though after Thursday night the mustangs will have more fans because we all want to see west tn bring home some state championships.

Goons Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :twisted::twisted:

And Huntington is a 2 or 3 a school that managed to be put in 1A and has underachieved. Don't worry though after Thursday night the mustangs will have more fans because we all want to see west tn bring home some state championships.

Goons Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :twisted::twisted:

and the award for dumbest post of the year goes to.....

do you mind explaining how we are a 2 or 3A school. please inform us

and the award for dumbest post of the year goes to.....

do you mind explaining how we are a 2 or 3A school. please inform us

That person probably doesn't understand math that well...394 student population after the last classification meeting thus making Huntingdon a 1A class (a big one, but that is established by the TSSAA rulemakers). That homer is just starting the excuse wagon before the game. After the next reclassification, the excuse makers better hope you guys come in under the number and stay 1A or they will not have the automatic qualifer for finishing second in that district (and at least 6 wins). Don't worry about the excuses they are already making, you'll see how bad they are for that record come this Thursday night. Look at their strength of schedule, form your own opinion--if you haven't seen them play yet. I'll give them another reason to be fired up, the people in this county are pulling for you guys to put a beatdown on them too---but everybody over here knows why they came to that district....usually everyone pulls for the county team, but not this one. They are no where near you guys, Mckenzie, Adamsville, Humboldt, possibly Paris Inman too. :thumb:

5 more days to remain undefeated. Your run is over stangs. Get ready for the pounding of the year. We will see if your like westview and cry and make excuses after the loss. :twisted:

heavenlyhog we are goin' to have spiralled ham after the game. probably be the best postgame snacks our men will have all year!

That person probably doesn't understand math that well...394 student population after the last classification meeting thus making Huntingdon a 1A class (a big one, but that is established by the TSSAA rulemakers). That homer is just starting the excuse wagon before the game. After the next reclassification, the excuse makers better hope you guys come in under the number and stay 1A or they will not have the automatic qualifer for finishing second in that district (and at least 6 wins). Don't worry about the excuses they are already making, you'll see how bad they are for that record come this Thursday night. Look at their strength of schedule, form your own opinion--if you haven't seen them play yet. I'll give them another reason to be fired up, the people in this county are pulling for you guys to put a beatdown on them too---but everybody over here knows why they came to that district....usually everyone pulls for the county team, but not this one. They are no where near you guys, Mckenzie, Adamsville, Humboldt, possibly Paris Inman too. :thumb:

LOL thanks for the support from Weakley Co. Just don't understand why people make comments about how we shouldn't be 1A. We're not a big school at all.

Hey all you haters. Did you see the upsets in college football today? Anything is possible. Huntingdon is like Oklahoma. And Oklahoma was defeated. It can happen. Dresden football has heart. You better show up early if you're planning to set on both sidelines cause Dresden fans show up too and we're not good at sharing.

Hey all you haters. Did you see the upsets in college football today? Anything is possible. Huntingdon is like Oklahoma. And Oklahoma was defeated. It can happen. Dresden football has heart. You better show up early if you're planning to set on both sidelines cause Dresden fans show up too and we're not good at sharing.

Yes, the Lion Nation will be there if we can get them to stand up and act like we're at a ball game and not a funeral. Go, Lions and let's show those ponies what's what.

Weakley County is sort of like the fanbase for the SEC. We all really know each other and don't like each other when we play each other, but pull for those other-inter county teams when they play an outsider. Dresden is the exception. Going in to this season, I was glad for their team and fans due to the fact that they have been awful for nearly a decade and had a joke of a sports program (all in all). If you talk to a lot of the fanbase in that town, they even say how bad the sports situation is and the leadership controlling that school is the main problem. I was hoping Dresden would get to single A so they could compete. But I've come to understand, it is an inherited trait. They have a lack of humility and are extremely cocky. I haven't spoken to anyone from Dresden about their season this year, but I know that the people from Martin & the other areas of the county are pulling for Huntingdon to put what an earlier poster said a "beatdown" on this team. Until they understand sportsmanship and humility they will have difficult times. Winning is great, losing is never fun---but when you win, you need to do it in a way that reflects your true character that is representative of the town you play for. I've seen every Westview Charger football game since the late 1990's. We have taken some beatings, we have given some. We don't run the score up on people, nor do we play dirty. In 2011, we don't have 1 personal foul penalty this year--nor ejections. The last ejection I remember was back in 2005. Ask the referee director about the inquiries in to the style of play by Dresden. It's always a topic of discussion among officials. I know 8 active officials in this territory and this is true. I doubt I will spend a dime of my money to go to that game, but will be listening to it. Huntingdon, You have a classy coach and staff, and you have a proud traditional program that has always been known to be clean, competitive, and tough. The rest of Weakley county is behind you. Put them in their place. If you end up being in 2A after the next enrollment county, this may be Dresden's last chance for a 2A playoff spot for a while. Go Stangs!!! :popcorneater: