Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

Personally I do not see Signal hanging 100 on us! they are welcome to try...but our boys will not quit and their Will will not be broken!....I really wish the Signal dogging would go over to the investigation board. I realize when we look at common opponents and what Signal was done to them.... both South Pitt and Bledsoe Co... one sees little chance for our guys to hang around in this game long enough to call it close for even a half... but this is Football... and underdogs have come up with some big upsets in the past...you can't rule out anything until the game is played!!!

MT you'll find safe passage into Dunlap! and you will find the same hospitality that you did two years ago in our Stadium! As far as I'm concerned your off the field issues have nothing to do with watching two proud programs go to battle on the gridiron! Win or Lose you'll find the majority of folks in the valley just love good football!

We all have storms in life and how we weather them tells more about our character than anything else we do.

So with that said, I look forward to a good game! I liked seeing our boys have a more balanced attack against Notre Dame by establishing a passing game, It will be interesting to see if we use a more balance attack next week with your guys.

I also see turnovers playing a big key in this game! and could mean the difference between a close game and your guys blowing us out big time!

I agree with this completely. The telling part is your comment that I have in bold. Would a score of 69-35 in the 4th quarter qualify as a time to call off the dogs?

Yes sir 4 scores in the 3rd quarter is enough. Not for either team, just did not grow up being scared of what a team was gonna score against my team, and dont think any one should worry about it. You are suppose to try and score as much as possible but there is a point where respect comes into play. I take it they put that extra 7 on CCS with their starters? If so then thats classless, but you never start the game taking it easy on the opponent.

Guys I am new to this board as this is my first post on it, I live out of state, I am SCHS class of 90' played ball for SCHS, I want to state this out in the open if Signal Mtn. had a inelligable player playing on there team, coach Layne & Barger were right to report it as Price would have reported Polk Co. for one after his loss to them (if they had one that is)as sorry as some say it is, it is HS Football. If Tennessee could prove Bama has illegal players do you think Dooley would report them?????? Barger & Layne done the same, as for the 100 point, there has NEVER BEEN A HUNDRED LAYED ON SEQUATCHIE & THERE NEVER WILL BE A HUNDRED, SIGNAL CANT DO IT SO STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT........ I say thanks to Coach Layne & Coach Barger for blowing the whistle, Price has been in trouble everywhere he has been before & will always be in trouble. Go Indians, I am staying in town a few extra days to watch this game, I say it's a close on & Jerry Fain has 200 yds on the eagles.......T.Y

Guys I am new to this board as this is my first post on it, I live out of state, I am SCHS class of 90' played ball for SCHS, I want to state this out in the open if Signal Mtn. had a inelligable player playing on there team, coach Layne & Barger were right to report it as Price would have reported Polk Co. for one after his loss to them (if they had one that is)as sorry as some say it is, it is HS Football. If Tennessee could prove Bama has illegal players do you think Dooley would report them?????? Barger & Layne done the same, as for the 100 point, there has NEVER BEEN A HUNDRED LAYED ON SEQUATCHIE & THERE NEVER WILL BE A HUNDRED, SIGNAL CANT DO IT SO STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT........ I say thanks to Coach Layne & Coach Barger for blowing the whistle, Price has been in trouble everywhere he has been before & will always be in trouble. Go Indians, I am staying in town a few extra days to watch this game, I say it's a close on & Jerry Fain has 200 yds on the eagles.......T.Y

Who said they blew the whistle?

Who said they blew the whistle?

You have SM folks still throwing that out there, the reason looks to be an excuse for wanting to run up the score. I guess they needed another reason since "not comfortable yet due to CCS's offensive firepower" fell flat when reminded of their 35 point, late fourth quarter lead. It became an even weaker excuse when it came out SM was trying to throw in the closing seconds, up 41. Then the excuse turned into "we wanted to get our seniors more playing time since they might not get to be in the playoffs."

That's almost as laughable as what I read today, how a parent is worried it could result in players, "missing out on the playoffs and (missing) being seen by college recruiters."

"They're taking away kids' chances at scholarships because of paperwork," the parent said. :roflolk:

I'm sure college coaches across the South have been scratching SM players off their lists the last couple of weeks, how can Mr. Childress allow this injustice?

The article states the parent has a student zoned for Red Bank, but who is attending SM on a hardship.

Edited by Indian

You have SM folks still throwing that out there, the reason looks to be an excuse for wanting to run up the score. I guess they needed another reason since "not comfortable yet due to CCS's offensive firepower" fell flat when reminded of their 35 point, late fourth quarter lead. It became an even weaker excuse when it came out SM was trying to throw in the closing seconds, up 41. Then the excuse turned into "we wanted to get our seniors more playing time since they might not get to be in the playoffs."

That's almost as laughable as what I read today, how a parent is worried it could result in players, "missing out on the playoffs and (missing) being seen by college recruiters."

"They're taking away kids' chances at scholarships because of paperwork," the parent said. :roflolk:

I'm sure college coaches across the South have been scratching SM players off their lists the last couple of weeks, how can Mr. Childress allow this injustice?

The article states the parent has a student zoned for Red Bank, but who is attending SM on a hardship.

Indian, I know SM is saying that. But it sounds like INDIANFOOTBALL is saying Coach Barger and Layne did turn them in.

Indian, I know SM is saying that. But it sounds like INDIANFOOTBALL is saying Coach Barger and Layne did turn them in.

Yeah, there have been several articles and comments either stating that flat out or at least implying it, so I'm not surprised some might think it. Mr Layne has told the paper no one at the school did so.

Edited by Indian