South Pittsburg Pirates @ G.C.A.

RoyDillardJr

Hope ur right...I'm normally the one trashing the other team but usually I have atleast seen them in person or some film....These other coaches from up that way have me a little more worried than usual then Ambassader goes and acts confident for the first time this year which makes me wonder if he is using some reverse pyschology or something...It sounds like we have our hands full...I hope we play defensively like we did at Boyd in 2nd half and 1st half against Polk....Still haven't played one full game on that side of the ball like we are capable....GCA has some swagger about them and they don't just think they are going to win but TrainStomp us! That won't happen but I will be a bit more mild this week with so many unknowns

I didn't say we didn't have our hands full. I think we win this one by 12 points. That is close to what I predicted in the Franklin thread. I suspect they are a bit faster than the look in the video's. The best video to look at may be the CAK video.

You seem to have alot of frustration built up. So.Pitt will come and play hard, but you or any other team wont get their best for awhile with starters still out. I think South Pitt will be one of the best teams you have played this year and vice versa. Sorry to read about the kid with a concussion that can't play. Wish him the best.

Here's what I heard about seeding....if we beat GCA we will be #1 seed. We'll get a bye week and all our playoff games will be at home. If GCA beats us we will be #3 seed. We'll get no bye week and only our first playoff game will be at home.

That is consistent with what some of us have determined based on current playoff rankings and quad arrangements. If by some long shot were moved back to quad 2, we could still end up with a #2 seed with a loss to GCA. We are reaping the rewards of the toughest schedule in 1a. (that last bit was sarcasm)

Grace is no joke. The success with which they run the football is not an accident. Their line isn't huge but they are tough kids who seem to enjoy the physicality of the game. Not really something you see from a lot of private schools. With that said, their schedule has been soft as a pillow. The only difficult game they played this year has been CAK and I would be surprised if Grace can play better than they played that night, which I think they'll need to if South Pitt brings it. Be prepared for a hard fought game and please take it to them, Pirates!

That is consistent with what some of us have determined based on current playoff rankings and quad arrangements. If by some long shot were moved back to quad 2, we could still end up with a #2 seed with a loss to GCA. We are reaping the rewards of the toughest schedule in 1a. (that last bit was sarcasm)

TSSAA needs to revamp their system. For instance a 1A plays and beat a 3A team that has 3 losses due to fact they also play a tough schedule.

It seems to me, the 1A is then penalized for playing 3A but they were forced because they didn't have anyone in their class agreeing to play them.

Am I looking at this wrong?

Here are the facts i know because i help out with the program! The coaches are talking up the game because well its a huge game! They are excited to play a team of this caliber so that IF we beat S.P. we will have a great measuring stick of our program none of the staff here are calling for a blowout im not sure where this is coming from but its simply not true. This game has been circled on the calendar since spring practice. So im putting this rumor to bed right now because i promise if you ask anyone player or coach they will tell you its gonna be a heck of a game. I cant speak for the fans but you don't have to look too hard ad S.P. storied and dominant past in football. Nothing but respect coming from this team and anticipation!:popcorneater:

I would think you guys would want to face a fired up SP rolling into Disney Land Field. :roflol:

TSSAA needs to revamp their system. For instance a 1A plays and beat a 3A team that has 3 losses due to fact they also play a tough schedule.

It seems to me, the 1A is then penalized for playing 3A but they were forced because they didn't have anyone in their class agreeing to play them.

Am I looking at this wrong?

I think they should at least incorporate Sonny Moore's system into this if the insist on continuing with their Voodoo mathematical system.

Grace is no joke. The success with which they run the football is not an accident. Their line isn't huge but they are tough kids who seem to enjoy the physicality of the game. Not really something you see from a lot of private schools. With that said, their schedule has been soft as a pillow. The only difficult game they played this year has been CAK and I would be surprised if Grace can play better than they played that night, which I think they'll need to if South Pitt brings it. Be prepared for a hard fought game and please take it to them, Pirates!

Good luck to you guys this week Coachlogan,I'd love to see you win.