South Pittsburg Pirates @ G.C.A.

RoyDillardJr

Not making any predictions yet TrainTracks, but the team is getting closer to being healthy. Think about the injuries they have had this season. It has been hard to be real confident. This game on Friday will be another good test for this young defense. I have been impressed with the number of underclassmen that have played ALOT of minutes on defense this season. I believe the team has improved, but still plenty of room to keep improving.

I think they can win sure...Some other people that I have talked too said they are REALLY good but also said they hadn't seen SP play! Of course I will always inform others that don't know....SP has def improved these last few weeks though and I have said all along since last year we weren't going to be stopped this year...Glad to see some others are finally jumping on the TRAIN! We have/had to get healthy sometime...Getting back just in time...I might miss this one but not the ones that counts

For those of you that don't troll, this was actually posted on another thread:

Posted 2 hours ago

As funny as this sounds, Greenback can help their postseason seed if they lose to Harriman. If they lose to Harriman, that should let Harriman in the playoffs and push South Pitt to Quad 2. That would also give the Cherokees the No. 2 seed behind Coalfield. Right now if they win, South Pitt wins, Coalfield wins, and Cosby beats Unaka then South Pitt is the No. 1 seed in Quad 1 with Coalfield 2, Greenback 3.

So if you're Greenback, would you throw it on purpose if it helps in the long run?

South Pittsburg 1

Greenback 1

Coalfield 1

Sunbright 1

Lookout Valley 1

Chattanooga Grace 1

Edited by pegleg

I watched The highlight film on the GCA vs CAK and yes GCA looked very fast and looked like a very good football team but is was a "highlight" film and I only saw the best plays by grace and didn't get to see how cak got the 31 points they got or got to see the defensive flaws that gca had. It should be a though game and a great football atmosphere

To steal a line, There is no competition in this game :roflolk: I am sure GCA has a good team...but unless your name is Trousdale County...I don't see any other team playing SP close in 1a or 2a this year. My opinion. Just a heads up for GCA people, next year when you are actually in the playoffs, when you go to the creekbank, beware :twisted: crazy things happen there haha

To steal a line, There is no competition in this game :roflolk: I am sure GCA has a good team...but unless your name is Trousdale County...I don't see any other team playing SP close in 1a or 2a this year. My opinion. Just a heads up for GCA people, next year when you are actually in the playoffs, when you go to the creekbank, beware :twisted: crazy things happen there haha

PowerP, what kind of mess is this? Those Grace boys are ranked second on Murphy's pole. I garuntee you this will be a real tough game. You need to read in my Murphy Fair book about these boys. That Reynolds man at Boyd played Grider pretty close and they are 2A. You think im joking but im not.

PowerP, what kind of mess is this? Those Grace boys are ranked second on Murphy's pole. I garuntee you this will be a real tough game. You need to read in my Murphy Fair book about these boys. That Reynolds man at Boyd played Grider pretty close and they are 2A. You think im joking but im not.

Sigh......:bored:

I already told u Roy that Murphy book is outta date! U better sharpen your tools and go get u that Massey Book! U think I'm joking but I'm not

I have no desire to EVER go back there! Once was enough for me....Although these TC teams are no comparison to those teams in the 90's....Guess the same could be said about SP's though

This is a ridiculous statement there is zero of that goin around Grace has a huge amount of respect for SP it will be a close game !:popcorneater:

I heard the same thing that GCA coaches are licking their chops for this Friday and that they think there is potential there to blow us out like we did them two years back....That's alot of confidence....This came from coaches from Knoxville area...Grace coaches are def doing some talking whether u want to admit it or not

OK I'm laying low the rest of the week just like most Ram fans are. Seems to be we don't feel the need to fan talk the SP fan base this week. I hope you guys have a nice trip up I-75. We will have some Hot Choco for that man ROY, and by the way, here is our game plan. We are going to run it down your throats and for fun throw over the top. If your speedy offense is on the sideline they can't score. Our line is very good and guess what? They are looking forward to playing a full 4quarter game again. The JV team better wear long underwear cause that sideline is going to be cold Friday night.

Bring it SP, Bring it. We want your best, and hopefully you'll get ours. And Raven just FYI there is no bowl game for us this year. 10-0 says quite enough. We also have 18 seniors that don't have a next game. I like the thought of that effort. Holler at me Friday Raven, I'm not such a bad guy. I just hate poll voters without journalistic integrity and these worthless polls have gotten me a bit overly-fired up I think. But I'm working through my disdain and irritation about that trying to be a better man. LOL!

And, I have to say, if we have to lose this year, I can't think of a better opponent than SP on the last Friday at home. No shame in that. IF ...... WE.....LOSE.......

GO Rams - The ONLY undefeated team in Tennessee Class 2A.

OK I'm laying low the rest of the week just like most Ram fans are. Seems to be we don't feel the need to fan talk the SP fan base this week. I hope you guys have a nice trip up I-75. We will have some Hot Choco for that man ROY, and by the way, here is our game plan. We are going to run it down your throats and for fun throw over the top. If your speedy offense is on the sideline they can't score. Our line is very good and guess what? They are looking forward to playing a full 4quarter game again. The JV team better wear long underwear cause that sideline is going to be cold Friday night.

Bring it SP, Bring it. We want your best, and hopefully you'll get ours. And Raven just FYI there is no bowl game for us this year. 10-0 says quite enough. We also have 18 seniors that don't have a next game. I like the thought of that effort. Holler at me Friday Raven, I'm not such a bad guy. I just hate poll voters without journalistic integrity and these worthless polls have gotten me a bit overly-fired up I think. But I'm working through my disdain and irritation about that trying to be a better man. LOL!

And, I have to say, if we have to lose this year, I can't think of a better opponent than SP on the last Friday at home. No shame in that. IF ...... WE.....LOSE.......

GO Rams - The ONLY undefeated team in Tennessee Class 2A.

There was another undefeated 2a team recently and were even ranked #1 at the time. Can't remember what happened to them. Hope the grace qb likes eating grass.

There was another undefeated 2a team recently and were even ranked #1 at the time. Can't remember what happened to them. Hope the grace qb likes eating grass.

Hope ur right...I'm normally the one trashing the other team but usually I have atleast seen them in person or some film....These other coaches from up that way have me a little more worried than usual then Ambassader goes and acts confident for the first time this year which makes me wonder if he is using some reverse pyschology or something...It sounds like we have our hands full...I hope we play defensively like we did at Boyd in 2nd half and 1st half against Polk....Still haven't played one full game on that side of the ball like we are capable....GCA has some swagger about them and they don't just think they are going to win but TrainStomp us! That won't happen but I will be a bit more mild this week with so many unknowns