10AA Basketball

coachrus

Wow! CPA wins by 2 with East Lit missing 3 shots in the last 5 seconds. Good luck to both teams in the regional tourney. CPA girls take the district by 5 over David Lipscomb. When was the last time both CPA teams won the district?

Anyone remember or did I and the 2 people sitting next to me dream it? 1st half, Lindsey gets fouled on a shot in the paint that does not go in - rolls off the side of the rim. Goes to the foul line and shoots 1, and makes it. Did CPA get 2 points for the shot that did not go in put on the scoreboard (I failed to look) or 3 points(missed goal and free throw) put on the scoreboard or just one point for the made free throw put on the scoreboard? Something weird did happen because some of the fans behind E Lit bench were trying to get the coach's attn. Just wondering. Good game. Just not sure score was right - especially in a close game like this one, "could" have made a difference.

Anyone remember or did I and the 2 people sitting next to me dream it? 1st half, Lindsey gets fouled on a shot in the paint that does not go in - rolls off the side of the rim. Goes to the foul line and shoots 1, and makes it. Did CPA get 2 points for the shot that did not go in put on the scoreboard (I failed to look) or 3 points(missed goal and free throw) put on the scoreboard or just one point for the made free throw put on the scoreboard? Something weird did happen because some of the fans behind E Lit bench were trying to get the coach's attn. Just wondering. Good game. Just not sure score was right - especially in a close game like this one, "could" have made a difference.

The referees blew that one. They counted the basket when he did not make it. Didn't cost the game, but definitely was wrong.

Lindsey's shot did not go in (I just watched it), Brown tipped it in (after the foul had been called). It should have been a 2 shot foul and no basket. It is bad when you have 3 officials and none of them make the correct call- but this is the second time in 2 weeks (other time also in a 10-aa district game) I have seen them count a basket that wasn't made!

I did see this, but I didn't think the game was called in favor of either team, there were bad calls both ways as usual. There was a very obvious goaltending on a CPA shot that was not called.

On another note, I saw that Lindsey and Bradshaw were named as 2 of the 3 finalists for Mr. Basketball in AA. I'm slightly surprised, but I think they are both well deserving. The other finalist is Brandon Cole from Stone Memorial. I know nothing of Cole, but I think Bradshaw is the most deserving among the CPA players. What are your thoughts? Does it hurt CPA's chances to have 2 finalists?

Does anyone know where sectional games are hosted? Stratford is host site for Region, but do they also host the Sectional Championship. Seems like last year it was at Vol State in Gallatin after Regionals were hosted elsewhere.

BTW...the refs did blow the tip in call with Lindsey and the goal tending call. Bad calls both ways all night. Let kids get mugged in the lane and called hand checks in the backcourt all night. They kept control for the most part, but missed calls both ways.