SP vs Grace Academy Eagles

powerp

I do not have a dislike for Gordonsville. I will disagree with you on the fact of who has more talent. SP has loads of it. Let me rephrase this, I meant all around talent like the most athletes. That may be better. Yall take care of buisness and we will too and then see who is better!

Oh, Powerp, bless your heart. I have seen previous posts on other topics where you made the statement that you did not like Gordonsville. That's ok. You dont have to like us, just respect us. I know I have the utmost respect for South Pitt and that has been earned and I know that over the years (since the early and mid 80's) we have also earned your respect. Tell me, do you remember those battles back then? I sure do. Just FYI, Gordonsville has athletes too, several. They come in all shapes and sizes from 5'8" 170 to 6'3" 240 to 6'4" 257 just to name 3. Those last two are very athletic for their size and move very rapidly. I believe we matchup well in significant areas. Just talk right now. We both have work to do before hand. Look forward to seeing you guys at Turney Ford Field where the Sprinkler System never stops! (LOL, Grider still thinks we did this in 2002)

Oh, Powerp, bless your heart. I have seen previous posts on other topics where you made the statement that you did not like Gordonsville. That's ok. You dont have to like us, just respect us. I know I have the utmost respect for South Pitt and that has been earned and I know that over the years (since the early and mid 80's) we have also earned your respect. Tell me, do you remember those battles back then? I sure do. Just FYI, Gordonsville has athletes too, several. They come in all shapes and sizes from 5'8" 170 to 6'3" 240 to 6'4" 257 just to name 3. Those last two are very athletic for their size and move very rapidly. I believe we matchup well in significant areas. Just talk right now. We both have work to do before hand. Look forward to seeing you guys at Turney Ford Field where the Sprinkler System never stops! (LOL, Grider still thinks we did this in 2002)

Friday Night Lights, I know better than this. Gordonsville is all class and would never do something like that. Gordonsville is the type of program that wants to beat an opponent straight up. Gordonsville has been a force for many years and will continue to be for many years to come. Good luck on your way to mercy rule wins the next several weeks.

Friday Night Lights, I know better than this. Gordonsville is all class and would never do something like that. Gordonsville is the type of program that wants to beat an opponent straight up. Gordonsville has been a force for many years and will continue to be for many years to come. Good luck on your way to mercy rule wins the next several weeks.

I know, Mr. Ambassador, just trying to aggravate powerp. That is what I like about programs like South Pitt, Trousdale, Gordonsville and several others. CLASS! Good luck to you guys next Friday but I doubt you will need it.

I have hear a lot of complaining on here about teamsnot wanting to play south pitt in the regular season, saying they are scared. This is not the case, but why would you play a team that if they get the chance will run up the score and leave their starters in the entire game even after the "mercy rule" is in effect. If you ask me this shows a lack of class on the part of south pitts head coach. why would and inferior team choose to play someone like that. cant for the life of me see how south pitt is still in 1A level judging by the number of kids they put on the feild.

Just my opinion

Well for one I can't remember when grider kept all the starters in for a whole game that sp was blowing someone out. Refresh my memory. And second sp has one of the smallest schools in the state that s why there 1a. Classification goes by school enrollment obviously you don't know much about high school football you might wanna do some reading and less typing.

Just my opinion

Edited by oneyewilly

Powerp, I know South Pitt is very talented and I like most all in Gordonsville have a great deal of respect for South Pitt but Gordonsville is just as talented. Just because you guys have a geat deal of speed doesn't make you the most talented. I know South Pitt is very good defensively but Gordonsville is also very good defensively. I can tell you right now we will give you guys all you want up front. What about the kicking game. More to it than just returning kickoffs and punts. Our placekicker is very good and can be depended on from 40 yards out if we need him. That is a major reason you guys are where you are in the playoffs after Friday night. Matchups in this game might surprise you. I know that you, Powerp, have a very great dislike for Gordonsville, but that is ok. We forgive you.

If you are from Gordonsville then u should know by now that your quote just returning punts and kickoffs is being ignorant to the obvious....One would think after kicking the crap outta you the last few times you would have noticed we didn't beat you from either of those.

SP and Huntingdon are the two most talented teams in 1A from top to bottom. This includes lineman and backs. We have 3-4 very talented guys in the trenches. 2 are just Sophomores and the other 2 are SR's and one also was Defensive MVP of the State game last year. I understand you guys have gotten your feelings hurt the last few times we played but say something knowledgable and respectful of the team YOU guys look up to in 1A every year! Our Defense after getting healthy is pretty special as you will find out yet again...Start praying for a hurricane to come to the jungle the week of Semi's....

SP will have several weeks to prepare for a more grind it out style game. The Defending Champ may have been knocked down but THIS TRAIN isnt done yet.....Start making those noise makers as ur finally getting what you have wished for

I have hear a lot of complaining on here about teamsnot wanting to play south pitt in the regular season, saying they are scared. This is not the case, but why would you play a team that if they get the chance will run up the score and leave their starters in the entire game even after the "mercy rule" is in effect. If you ask me this shows a lack of class on the part of south pitts head coach. why would and inferior team choose to play someone like that. cant for the life of me see how south pitt is still in 1A level judging by the number of kids they put on the feild.

Just my opinion

Not sure if you are from around here to know the situation but those same schools that won't play us, well, they have been beating our brains out in basketball and never letting up for years. They decide to start football and... Well you see the outcome.

Just my opinion

Unfortunately your "opinion" shows that you don't understand small school football. Typically in a blow out game the starters play the first half and at least the first series of the 2nd half and we start substituting liberally but we don't always just pull the whole first team. Sometimes due to the starters being underclassmen they play longer to get experience or in some cases injuries force starters to play the whole game. Being a small school we don't always have quality back-ups for starters like bigger schools do. You don't put a freshman in against another team's senior starters. Other teams want to leave their starters in even when we put our young kids in. Sometimes it looks like we have the starters in because honestly our 2nd teamers are better than some teams starters so we still score points.

As to classification it is based on the size of the school not how many kids play on the team. SP has fewer students than just about every other 1A school that plays football (we are one of the smallest) but we have a high percentage of kids that play on the football. We can't help that our kids have pride in their school and want to play sports. Other schools just need to work harder to get the kids out to play.

Just my opinion

I am not certain where (or if) you went to school based on your grammar. However, if these teams are inferior and all that, then why are the in the Playoffs? That is another indication of what is wrong with the system. It was also a minor problem in the 5a system which was due to too many classifications. The last part sounds like you are wanting the TSSAA to put roster limitations on teams based on classification sort of like the NFL does. I am sure 3a Alcoa with their 96 player roster will not like your idea. I bet Sissy Hill won't like it either.

Edited by rlh

Grace is about to get served a dose of Venom and it will hurt worse than it originally would've if they hadn't dodged us...Brace yourself becuase its going to be painful to watch and be a part of...To the Grace fans feed your kids lots of milk and make them eat their wheaties this week so they don't get broke and thank your coach afterwards because this TRAINTRACKING that is about to occur can't be dodged this time around....

TO THE SP TEAM IT'S TIME TO MAKE AMENDS!! ONE GAME AT A TIME

Edited by TrainTracks99

Grace is about to get served a dose of Venom and it will hurt worse than it originally would've if they hadn't dodged us...Brace yourself becuase its going to be painful to watch and be a part of...To the Grace fans feed your kids lots of milk and make them eat their wheaties this week so they don't get broke and thank your coach afterwards because this TRAINTRACKING that is about to occur can't be dodged this time around....

TO THE SP TEAM IT'S TIME TO MAKE AMENDS!! ONE GAME AT A TIME

I like this attitude.

Guest Purplepastry

Grace baptist did not want to play us in regular season if you all remember, so Vic will run up the score I am sure. He needs to install a new offense for practice the first 3 rounds to prepare for gordonsville sprinklers haha. Or just put the defensive line on offense line and run the power I more.

Ok I will start some trouble. Name me one time when Vic has not run up the score when he has had the opportunity . Vic always runs the score up. He has a chip the size of the Blue Bridge on his shoulder and always finds an excuse to whip an opponent when they're down. The only time he doesn't is if he can't. I know others do it as well and I don't like it then either. In my mind there is nothing more intimidating than winning (and losing) with class. There is nothing more repulsive than doing the same like a child. And before some of you start pointing out the flaws of some of my Marion County brethren, I agree with you.