Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

It's week 1 every year. Like Termite said there's not really bad blood just a few on the Gville side. And they are like a bad rash that won't go away and there is no cure for it. I for one wouldn't care to see the series done away with but then the Tigger's wouldn't get the gate every other year and would have to find another way to pay their bills.

That is not accurate. I speake with die hard Owl fans several times a week in Carthage who have nothing good to say about Gordonsville and make up stuff to make them sound better. That is a fact. For you to come on here and say "just a few on the Gville side" is biased, not true and shows your really dont know. I for one support and pull for all Owl athletic teams when they are not playing Gordonsville. What you are saying occurs on both sides of the river so dont come on here and make yourself sound holier than thow. Sounds like you are the one with the bad rash. Go to the Doctor and get something for it. And by the way, the gate helps both schools. Coach Maynard has told me that several times.

That is not accurate. I speake with die hard Owl fans several times a week in Carthage who have nothing good to say about Gordonsville and make up stuff to make them sound better. That is a fact. For you to come on here and say "just a few on the Gville side" is biased, not true and shows your really dont know. I for one support and pull for all Owl athletic teams when they are not playing Gordonsville. What you are saying occurs on both sides of the river so dont come on here and make yourself sound holier than thow. Sounds like you are the one with the bad rash. Go to the Doctor and get something for it. And by the way, the gate helps both schools. Coach Maynard has told me that several times.

Ouch seems I poked you a little to hard on that one... If you pull for Smith County when they not playing Gville then your not one of the few I was talking about. But it's cool I understand completely I mean you all are the "Mecca" of High School Football (According to one of your own). I should have never came on here and insulted you I apologize for obviously hitting a nerve with you. :thumb:

Edited by BoogerHillOwl

never said they didn't play G-Ville or FC. Soft schedule is a understatement. I saw the thurs night game TC-FC. If FC could have had anybody to throw and hit a barn they could have won that game but they didn't. And do you think SC couldn't beat those teams TC plays every year in the play-offs. Like I said I would like to see TC play Pearl Cohn they would smash the Jackets like a grape. And everyone that thinks being an 8 seed like PC was makes them a weak team is just plain stupid. Like I said there's not a team around Owl ville that could come close to beating PC. Just hang in their in your lil 1A and 2A dream world and let's hear how big and bad you guys are. LOL

Great neighbors and friends, even family ..........until you roll that oblong ball out. It's more on G-ville's part than SC. Some can't stand for SC to win against anybody.They stand and cheer when SC scores are announced if SC is losing. Gordonsville scores announced at SC games get no reaction, one way or another. SC people that go to G-ville games pull for G-ville.

Some claim "rivalry". To most G-ville, it's a rivalry,and a big game for that 1 week. After that they either pull for SC or don't say anything one way or the other, But to others it's everyday, every game and wouldn't be for SC against the Taliban. Why, you tell me???? I think it's more than " rivalry" Most SC people pull for G-ville every game except the SC game, or don't say anything one way or the other.

It's week 1 every year. Like Termite said there's not really bad blood just a few on the Gville side. And they are like a bad rash that won't go away and there is no cure for it. I for one wouldn't care to see the series done away with but then the Tigger's wouldn't get the gate every other year and would have to find another way to pay their bills.

Does someone need a nappie poo ? :rolleyes: I sense a tad of bitterness from the owl faithful :roflol: The only tiger fan i speak for is charlie and i always root for those fine young men in black n gold except for 1 week..Its the owl posters on here that i luv watching go down in flames lolol. All we hear on here is how great SC is and how they always beat gordonsville. Its too bad yall cant beat the teams in your class that are equal in size. Most true football fans knew SC was nowhere near the number 1 team in the state and yes sir i was in the crowd to watch the feathers fly ...and that #1 ranking die. Its nothing new for the owls to crash and burn. A man cant ask for a better weekend than alabumble, the titanics and the mighty owls all getting thumped...ah yes life is good :thumb:

never said they didn't play G-Ville or FC. Soft schedule is a understatement. I saw the thurs night game TC-FC. If FC could have had anybody to throw and hit a barn they could have won that game but they didn't. And do you think SC couldn't beat those teams TC plays every year in the play-offs. Like I said I would like to see TC play Pearl Cohn they would smash the Jackets like a grape. And everyone that thinks being an 8 seed like PC was makes them a weak team is just plain stupid. Like I said there's not a team around Owl ville that could come close to beating PC. Just hang in their in your lil 1A and 2A dream world and let's hear how big and bad you guys are. LOL

So the owls choked, and now you are balming TC, G-ville. Smash us like grapes, like they did the owls? Your season is over try to deal with it. TC and Gordonsville will stay in our little 1-A and 2-A world, and dream about another state championship like we have accomplished. The owls can wake up from their dream.........wait its not a dream. 10-0 regular season, #1 3-A state ranking, lose in the first round to #8 seed team. Remember its only a short drive to Hartsville or Gordonsville if you want to see what a GOLD BALL looks like. :roflol:

Guest Termite

So the owls choked, and now you are balming TC, G-ville. Smash us like grapes, like they did the owls? Your season is over try to deal with it. TC and Gordonsville will stay in our little 1-A and 2-A world, and dream about another state championship like we have accomplished. The owls can wake up from their dream.........wait its not a dream. 10-0 regular season, #1 3-A state ranking, lose in the first round to #8 seed team. Remember its only a short drive to Hartsville or Gordonsville if you want to see what a GOLD BALL looks like. :roflol:

1st off, RC is from LA. I don't think he has any owls.

Hey. If I don't get to make that drive, and beings I've never seen one before. Are them 1A and 2A gold balls the size of them little ones like they throw out in the crowd at the games, or are they regular size balls like they give out in 3A-4A-5A-6A??

Hey. If I don't get to make that drive, and beings I've never seen one before. Are them 1A and 2A gold balls the size of them little ones like they throw out in the crowd at the games, or are they regular size balls like they give out in 3A-4A-5A-6A??

Bahahahahaha! :roflol::thumb:

I think they are all the same size....how big is the one in the carthage showcase :?:

I'm a few pages late on the great scheduling debate that went on earlier and I had some comments and questions but I'll just ask one. If you think back to Livingstons great run in 2005 you'll remember they had an exremely tough regular season schedule, do you not think this helped them when the play-offs rolled around being it gave them valuable experience on what to expect out of those teams?

Guest Termite

I have no dog in this fight but to see a guy from Smith County raz any team about their gold balls is comical.

Evidently, to-my-our-out, tomy-our-out, tom-your-out, tom-you-rout, or whoever , thinks we are BALMING TC and Gordonsville...what ever balming is, and thinks we never seen a gold ball. That's comical.

Seeing one and having one are two different things.

I'll ask you. Who outside their region did LA play in 05? I really don't know other than SC. And regions,now districts, are beyond the school's control. It may have helped, but again, how much control does the school have, and how do you know how good-bad the scools will be in 2 years?