Pearl-Cohn @ Harpeth

DIRTYDIME

Cheatham Co band was there last week and they did not take the field either. ???

The field show they played pc plays is 14mins long and in the playoffs when you go over 10 mins you get a 15 yard pen. So since they only had practice wed and thur for 2 hours plus Rain..it never got revised...but they will take the field in harpeth unless something changes between now and Friday..

I was hoping to see the PC band perform at half-time of the SC game but was really disappointed when they just sat in the stands. Guess they were to tired to play for playing the whole game. Which to me was really annoying. It ruined the game because they were so loud. Can't ever seeing that happen at any game. Should have been an unsportsman flag thrown. I didn't go to the game to listen to them ...I went to watch the game. Harpeth fans might as well get used to it because I'm sure that's the only reason they come to the game is to pester the fans and the players.

I can understand what you saying if your not use to it..I guess but Don't know why a flag would be thrown...its the samething as the crowd screaming...PC don't bring a lot of fans unless its a metro school so they band makes up for it and a band with 118 students is now where near small...3rd biggest in metro..

I can understand what you saying if your not use to it..I guess but Don't know why a flag would be thrown...its the samething as the crowd screaming...PC don't bring a lot of fans unless its a metro school so they band makes up for it and a band with 118 students is now where near small...3rd biggest in metro..

They are loud, but personally I like their enthusiasm amd the atmosphere it creates at the game. I'd guess more people like it than don't, expecially younger folks (which I'm not). I guess it just makes me glad that those kids have a passion that keep them doing something with purpose. I think it is really sad that the PC players have less than 100 family and students in the stands supporting them, other than the band.

They are loud, but personally I like their enthusiasm amd the atmosphere it creates at the game. I'd guess more people like it than don't, expecially younger folks (which I'm not). I guess it just makes me glad that those kids have a passion that keep them doing something with purpose. I think it is really sad that the PC players have less than 100 family and students in the stands supporting them, other than the band.

lol and I'm guessing I'm younger then you lol but its always been like that but I don't know why......but they make up for it at home games...we might bring a crowd to harpeth since its just 25min down the street from us...

Didn't mind the band playing. Except after each home game the players, coaches,and fans of Smith Co. gathers around our band and sing the schools Alma Mater and Pearl Cohns played on. I understand they didn't know that we do this. But if we should ever play youll again in Carthage it would be nice if you are someone would let them know this and I'm sure they would let us do this without them playing over us. As I said before good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

Wow, I don't claim any son-in-laws who are Michigan fans and not SEC fans :popcorneater:

Your not welcome for Thanksgiving Dinner :hungry:

Go Indians beat the Firebirds

Whatcha gonna do, Macho Man Randy Savage, when the largest arms in the world and Hulkamania, runs wild on you!?" :thumb: I will bring the slim jims for Thanksgiving Dinner :hungry: Let's Go Indians

I am willing to BET that Harpeth has never been in a fight like the one they are about to be in friday.

Pearl is one of the HARDEST HITTING teams in the state on any level. Pearl is a dangerous team in the playoffs. They are in many cases playing for more than a victory, but a chance at a better life via a college scholarship. Under Coach Brunetti, Pearl has placed more young men in college than any other football program in middle tennessee.

Agree!!! I am one of the young men

OK Harpeth fans, enough about the band, in case you didnt know...their competition season runs concurrent with football. They have to practice, a lot of the away games fall on the night before a band competition. There is also the expense, wonder what it cost to transport the entire band and props to an away game. I personally have witnessed our football team take the field while the band was still performing. Major disrespect. Nobody acknowledges or appreciates them when they are there, including coaches. I love Harpeth sports, but I also had a daughter who spent 4 years in the band. Lest we forget who is the most successful extra-curricular program in all of Cheatham County....HHS band, multiple State championships. A little respect would go a long way here.