Chattanooga Basketball....... who?

bbsdad99

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will make my prediction after the 1st round games on Wednesday!!

It goes without saying that whoever comes out of the bracket with Ooltewah in it will have proven they are the best. If they have any legs in them whatsoever will be another story. According to McCallie's athletic website they have 2 games in Alpheretta, Ga then open with Cleveland on Wednesday night. Cleveland is extremely talented with an unbelievable point guard in Bowles(I think that's his name). Baylor should have a fairly easy time getting through their bracket to get into the finals. However, Notre Dame with their guard play could be problematic for Baylor.

What does everyone else think?

Edited by plato

It goes without saying that whoever comes out of the bracket with Ooltewah in it will have proven they are the best. If they have any legs in them whatsoever will be another story. According to McCallie's athletic website they have 2 games in Alpheretta, Ga then open with Cleveland on Wednesday night. Cleveland is extremely talented with an unbelievable point guard in Bowles(I think that's his name). Baylor should have a fairly easy time getting through their bracket to get into the finals. However, Notre Dame with their guard play could be problematic for Baylor.

The same Notre Dame who lost to Grundy ? I would have put money on Notre Dame winning the district at the beginning of the year, but it looks like they are fighting for 3rd right now

I agree that Baylor appears to be the favorite in their bracket. I must also agree with statements suggesting the brackets being a bit lop-side (at least on paper). No team in the bracket containing CSAS, Notre Dame, Red Bank, and Baylor has a winning record. Baylor's body of work is too limited right now to really say that they have a "losing record" and they at least have a win over traditional powerhouse Howard on their resume'. The previous bracket pales in comparison to the other bracket with McCallie, Ooltewah, Tyner, and Cleveland, all with minimal losses if any.

Baylor, N.Dame, Ooltewah, Tyner on one side and CSAS, R.Bank, Cleveland, McCallie are on the other side of the bracket. It seems as though these should have been the semi-final games but that is the way they have been setup!

It's true, the times free press and all their "wisdom" have created one of the worse brackets imaginable. What's the goal? To have a team like CSAS that has won 1 or 2 games play a team like Tyner in the championship? I'm sure the the CSAS coach is trying to give his team the easiest road to the finals.

That being said, a team will have to win no matter what- a great foreshadowing of the district and region tournament.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/19/best-of-preps-event-tips-off-wednesday/?sportspreps

Edited by plato

well let me change my question: who is the best team at the best of preps?

Hard to say who the best team(s) are. Definitely a case can be made for any of the top teams but don't overlook ND and Baylor, especially. Baylor has only been together a couple of weeks or so and they are still working on it their timing. They will be a tough out.

Notre Dame hasnt been strong but look better with a strong line up and a few years from now they will be even better. mccallie sucks

Are you expecting another super group of freshmen to "just luckily show up" like the one with Bowles (now at Cleveland) and the rest three years ago?

That tournament bracket looks rigged, if it is McCallie, Cleveland, Tyner and Ooltewah on one side. They ought to rank them 1-8 based on what they've done so far this year.