CPA vs. Pearl Cohn

DenKeeper

Really didn't want to say this but I guess I'm...first you must realize where PC is at...I can say at least 85% maybe more of the students there is raised by a single parent...Mostly Mothers and GrandMothers with other younger kids they have to take care of...So that's the main reason Pc don't have a lot of parents following them..You will mostly see a lot of there Teachers,and some students..but don't get me wrong there are some parents who attend every game...

I was talking about the student body. Other than the band, hardly any students attend away games. Not sure how the home games are attended. With such a large school I would expect a little better participation from the students especially when they have succeeded so well.

I understand the situation and suppose no funds to bring a bus load of students. Just hope that can change for PC football team's sake.

I was talking about the student body. Other than the band, hardly any students attend away games. Not sure how the home games are attended. With such a large school I would expect a little better participation from the students especially when they have succeeded so well.

I understand the situation and suppose no funds to bring a bus load of students. Just hope that can change for PC football team's sake.

I realize there would be liability issues, safety, etc. and other considerations, but I always thought it would be a cool move for CPA and boosters to offer busses to pick up students at PC, Maplewood, Stratford, Whites Creek and bring them to the game when their teams play at CPA and help them with ticket prices.

I realize there would be liability issues, safety, etc. and other considerations, but I always thought it would be a cool move for CPA and boosters to offer busses to pick up students at PC, Maplewood, Stratford, Whites Creek and bring them to the game when their teams play at CPA and help them with ticket prices.

I'll let you in on an open secret. Many students at the above listed high schools only care to attend games when they are playing each other. It's a rivalry thing with them. The only reason the game with Greeneville was so well attended last year was the result of outside local interest, not students. So if tickets and rides were free many would still not likely attend any games outside of the rivalry games, much like TSU.

I'll let you in on an open secret. Many students at the above listed high schools only care to attend games when they are playing each other. It's a rivalry thing with them. The only reason the game with Greeneville was so well attended last year was the result of outside local interest, not students. So if tickets and rides were free many would still not likely attend any games outside of the rivalry games, much like TSU.

TRUE......And @Fbgirl PC home games are packed...You will see more students then...

I'm not picking a winner here because I think it could go either way and after picking against CPA last week I will not pick against them again. I do believe that this game (along with the Alcoa-CAK & Milan-Fairview contests) will be a battle. 3A is as good as it's ever been!

I agree. Really believe there are 5-6 teams in 3A that could win it all if they get on a roll and avoid mistakes. All the games from this point on will be determined by 3-4 key plays in the games. Right now, as hard as it is to pick against Alcoa, if I was forced to predict a state champ, my heart says CPA, but my head says CAK.

I agree. Really believe there are 5-6 teams in 3A that could win it all if they get on a roll and avoid mistakes. All the games from this point on will be determined by 3-4 key plays in the games. Right now, as hard as it is to pick against Alcoa, if I was forced to predict a state champ, my heart says CPA, but my head says CAK.

Good luck tonight 4Ever :thumb:

Winless against private school let me see Lipscomb private school beat them last year...CPA private school beat them 2 years in a row...OK u must be talking about Div II schools OK I'll give u that but at the same time what 3a school has or even played them...PC and Maplewood plays 6a and Div II school every year to get ready for playoff time...Back to our coaches PC off coordinator is in his second year its going to take some time to put his system in but its coming along...He has a FR QB and a SO QB but the FR has more games under his belt than the SO who is starting right now so in my book off coordinator has done a good job...You can't be talking about our D coordinator cause he has done a good job over the years...Its not easy replacing a legend but Brunetti has done a great job since he became the HC...First 2 years one game from the state only one losing season since becoming HC at Pearl not bad all...Show me any coach that became HC the same time he did with a better overall record and if you do its not that many in Middle TN...Another thing Brunetti puts his players in collage no other coach has put more players in school than Brunetti has in Middle TN since he became HC at PC... So u want to talk about state titles I'm talking about making these kids better in life that's what we do over here at Pearl-Cohn and we do some winning 2...

since you follow pearl like i follow pearl since brunetti has been there u can not tell me he has not had at the least 3 state title teams if i didnt attend BGA i would have went to pearl and every time i have been to a pearl game which i attend about 5 each year win or loose i have always heard fans complaining about coaching and their decisions but mainly on the offensive end and i have to agree with them some games are caused by coaching not and defensively pearl has been good year in year out i mean they were the only team that contained the top 2 backs this year Maters and Vanlier even though they had 100 yard games they had to work for them. I know Brunetti gets kids into colleges thats been proving year in year out so if he has all these college prospects where are the state titles to show???? coaching has to come apart somewhere you can have all the talent in the world but without coaching you cant win..