1974 10/18 Lost Greeneville 0-10

1975 10/17 Lost Kingsport 0-13

1976 10/15 Lost Greeneville 0-24

1992 11/13 Lost Johnson City 13-27

1999 9/10 Lost Kingsport 27-34

2000 9/8 Lost Greeneville 23-61

2001 9/7 Lost Kingsport 7-29

2002 9/13 Won Greeneville 19-10

The past is the past .Now,if Greeneville coming up to Kingsport for a scrimmage will help the Indians and the Devils put some more gold in the troghy case,then that's just fine with me.

I almost hate to go here, but Greeneville fans like this one just beg for it. It's really simple, so don't make it harder than it is. D-B hammered you last year at your place! It was 21-0 before you heard the gun go off. They will hammer you again this year......they are better than you......don't make it difficult.

I understand the juvenile comeback of "well, we win state championships", and I understand that almost none of you will admit that you play absolutely no one to get there. Then you go to the playoffs and play virtually no one. The biggest sigh of relief in our state came from Greeneville when you learned this week that you get to keep playing South Greene, West Greene, Chucky Doak, Grainger, and Claiborne. Heck, maybe you can be forturnate enough to have Alcoa lose 5 games again! WE PLAY HEAD TO HEAD.....don't make it harder than it has to be......we have better players and you're going to get worked!

From what I've heard,Greeneville will be behind at this point as they were last year early into the season.To say Greeneville has no one standing between them and a state championship in 4a is however not the case.It's a matter of having the right team at the right time.I thought Fulton or Redbank could be a yearly stop for the Devils when I seen the 4A class two or three years ago.Those two could be like Maryville and Morristown West used to be on the Devils playoff schedule.Fulton has had some of the better teams in the state over the last ten years or so.When Greeneville got past a great Redbank team in 2009 and lost the championship to Giles county,I thought they would never get there again.Redbank had the right team in 2000 against the Tribe in the semi's,that's a year Dobyns-Bennett could have won one on the field for sure.It's just a matter of Dobyns-Bennett having everything go their way at the right time as it has for Greeneville the last couple of years.

From what I've heard,Greeneville will be behind at this point as they were last year early into the season.To say Greeneville has no one standing between them and a state championship in 4a is however not the case.It's a matter of having the right team at the right time.I thought Fulton or Redbank could be a yearly stop for the Devils when I seen the 4A class two or three years ago.Those two could be like Maryville and Morristown West used to be on the Devils playoff schedule.Fulton has had some of the better teams in the state over the last ten years or so.When Greeneville got past a great Redbank team in 2009 and lost the championship to Giles county,I thought they would never get there again.Redbank had the right team in 2000 against the Tribe in the semi's,that's a year Dobyns-Bennett could have won one on the field for sure.It's just a matter of Dobyns-Bennett having everything go their way at the right time as it has for Greeneville the last couple of years.

Great, all we have to do is sit around and wait for everything to go our way at the right time.

Great, all we have to do is sit around and wait for everything to go our way at the right time.

actually, I have been waiting for someone to go away.

At this point, I am of the opinion that a coaching change is the only way for DB to move forward.

Tennessee high school football is a playoff sport. GC has proven himself not to be a playoff coach. The data to support this fact is current, overwhelming and compelling.

Until things change, I don't see anything changing.

I hate it, but it is what it is.

Everyone has their own opinion and I'd love to see DB win it all this very year.I think DB has everything to compete with most teams on most nights.I don't know how many coaches with the staff GC has are any better or work any harder.I don't know how many teams have better athlete's as well.I do know it's time to see what the Tribe can do in 2012.This could be the year DB makes a deep run once again,but it will take the team putting everything and everyone on the same page because all that probably stands in the way is winning a couple of rounds against schools that have state titles "Jeff county and Sevier county"{I expect that will happen this very year} and then beat a top twenty national team {Maryville}.Do those things and then beat a couple of teams like Riverdale and Smyrna.That's no small order,whoever is coaching or playing for the Tribe.I'm not counting DB out for anything that has happened in the past.I like this team and think they will not be overlooked by any team they face.

Everyone has their own opinion and I'd love to see DB win it all this very year.I think DB has everything to compete with most teams on most nights.I don't know how many coaches with the staff GC has are any better or work any harder.I don't know how many teams have better athlete's as well.I do know it's time to see what the Tribe can do in 2012.This could be the year DB makes a deep run once again,but it will take the team putting everything and everyone on the same page because all that probably stands in the way is winning a couple of rounds against schools that have state titles "Jeff county and Sevier county"{I expect that will happen this very year} and then beat a top twenty national team {Maryville}.Do those things and then beat a couple of teams like Riverdale and Smyrna.That's no small order,whoever is coaching or playing for the Tribe.I'm not counting DB out for anything that has happened in the past.I like this team and think they will not be overlooked by any team they face.

Whatever.rolleyes.gif

I think replacing, firing, getting rid of - Graham Clark is perhaps the stupidest concept that I can imagine. That opinion comes from people who don't coach and don't know what they are talking about. D-B had never been to the final 4 to my knowledge until GC, and he took them there 3 times in 5 years. Yeah, he's had some disappointing losses, but he's also had some amazing wins. That Oak Ridge team he beat in 1996 with 3 SEC commits on it including Bohanan and McAddley (Alabama and the NFL) was as good of a team that has ever played at J Fred.

We won't agree, but the proof will come when GC steps down. He hears all of this crud on here from people dissatisfied with their own life's achievements, so they live vicariously through a High School football team. Believe me, he knows this team is loaded and losing tons of players at year's end. He may very well walk after this year. Mark my words, when he does, D-B goes right down the drain. GC is a lifelong, Kingsport born fan of the Tribe who bleeds Maroon and Gray. Whoever is hired after him will fail and people will realize that old Coach Clark with his record of about 240-44 wasn't so bad after all!

• Upvote 1

I think replacing, firing, getting rid of - Graham Clark is perhaps the stupidest concept that I can imagine. That opinion comes from people who don't coach and don't know what they are talking about. D-B had never been to the final 4 to my knowledge until GC, and he took them there 3 times in 5 years. Yeah, he's had some disappointing losses, but he's also had some amazing wins. That Oak Ridge team he beat in 1996 with 3 SEC commits on it including Bohanan and McAddley (Alabama and the NFL) was as good of a team that has ever played at J Fred.

We won't agree, but the proof will come when GC steps down. He hears all of this crud on here from people dissatisfied with their own life's achievements, so they live vicariously through a High School football team. Believe me, he knows this team is loaded and losing tons of players at year's end. He may very well walk after this year. Mark my words, when he does, D-B goes right down the drain. GC is a lifelong, Kingsport born fan of the Tribe who bleeds Maroon and Gray. Whoever is hired after him will fail and people will realize that old Coach Clark with his record of about 240-44 wasn't so bad after all!

The only thing that keeps you from being a complete Idiot is that you could be right about one thing. DB could go down the drain when GC "steps down". If the AD at DB has anything to do with the hire it could mean the death penality for DB football.