Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

Our season came to an end last night, but it was a great game to watch. Not our year but we'll be back. A couple of my Maryville buddies said Maryville's field was in bad shape last night. Bare spots all over and was very slick and muddy. Anyone else that was there have an opinion on the field conditions? Any thoughts that you guys should go to turf? I know there is plenty of booster money for this if needed.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just down the road from Aubreys is Smoky Mountain Brewery which is pretty good. Also next to it is Marlins and Rays, a seafood place recently opened by the same folks that run Ruby Tuesday.

A bus could park at Target or Kroger and the riders could easily pick among Aubrey's, SMB and Marlin & Rays. All 3 aren't spread out wider than a football field.

Our season came to an end last night, but it was a great game to watch. Not our year but we'll be back. A couple of my Maryville buddies said Maryville's field was in bad shape last night. Bare spots all over and was very slick and muddy. Anyone else that was there have an opinion on the field conditions? Any thoughts that you guys should go to turf? I know there is plenty of booster money for this if needed.

The field looks bad in spots, but traction didn't seem to be a problem for either team Friday. I didn't see anybody sliding around. Next week looks rainy early, but will hopefully dry out by Thursday/Friday.

The field looks in fine late November form to me.

Put me down as a vote AGAINST the turf. Football should be played on real grass (or mud). GO REBELS! This should be a special football game.

Edited by plumb69

************************Slowly Raises Hand entering the Thread**********************

First off I want to give much respect to BOTH Maryville and Riverdale Programs for being POWERS in Tenn. High School Football since the 90s, BUT I must ask, why are yall on here talking so much about Food? LOL :roflol:

Just Asking :thumb:

Hope the Riverdale QB isn't injured. Is that the same Starter from last season? He was a 10th grader last year right?

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

************************Slowly Raises Hand entering the Thread**********************

First off I want to give much respect to BOTH Maryville and Riverdale Programs for being POWERS in Tenn. High School Football since the 90s, BUT I must ask, why are yall on here talking so much about Food? LOL :roflol:

Hope the Riverdale QB isn't injured. Is that the same Starter from last season? He was a 10th grader last year right?

I'm an old man......food is important!!! :hungry:

I don't know what grade 14 is in but they need him, he's a player!

Cause we love eating almost as much as football.

Senator, I worked for about 12 years in Memphis and know a little about the cuisine. Is Interstate BBQ still open?

If both our teams make Cookeville I'll meet you there and bring some delicacy from the mountains if you bring me some ribs!